Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 3,698

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just finished a certain Level 99 monster hunt...took me almost an hour of button mashing...seriously square, fight stopped being fun 20mins in. Definitely preferred FFXIII take on it.
Now time to finish the last chapter and get myself a platinum

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

NathanUC

@Fight_Teza_Fight: I'm not sure which was more boring, casting death on it over and over in XIII or holding circle with an occasional triangle for 30-60 minutes..... I tried it around level 65, but decided it's not worth the time. I haven't tried since getting 99 though.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

NathanUC

@kyleforrester87: While I don't recommend it if you're enjoying the game, you can go from 55 to 99 in one rest fairly easily. By using exp boost gear/food and crafting an OP experience spell, you can easily net 1mil + exp by staying at the 3x hotel. It feels so cheap that I wonder if it will be patched out of the game.

I say I don't recommend it because if you're enjoying the endgame, getting 99 like that will probably ruin most of it.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Fight_Teza_Fight

@NathanUC: @kyleforrester87: I fought it at Level 83, it was my last hunt. I did prefer the FFXIII fight as I had the Paradigm Shifts down. Buff, Debuff, Quick Stagger, Block Ultima, Stagger---->Highwind. So satisfying.

Finished the game, got the platinum (#10!).
Great ending, a real head scratcher, but I enjoyed it. It's funny how a good ending can erase all the bad (of which there were many).

My overall thoughts are that FFXV is an incomplete masterpiece. Side quests were an afterthought and the story has so much missing content, that Square are addressing it. It feels like it was rushed.
The characters are perfect. The world is really well designed and its filled with things to do and I genuinely believe that there is a great story to be told.
I hope the added cut scenes flesh out the story and do it justice.
However despite its flaws, Square seems to have won back alot of favor and they deserve it- FFXV is a great game.
Anyways 95+ hours and I'm done for now. Might do a NG+ once the dlc hits and the story gets updated.

Now give my that FFXIII Trilogy Remaster on PS4! I NEED it!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

@Fight_Teza_Fight: Well done, that's a lot of play time! I'm on about 50 hours myself. We'll see how long the end game holds my interest but having alot of fun with it at the moment. Looking forward to the story DLC..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

johncalmc

I killed the 99 monster at level 62. It's really annoying, because the fight isn't hard at all. I did it on the first go. But it took FOREVER. Square Enix really needs to work on their side quests. In the last few Final Fantasy games they've all been geared towards taking time rather than being fun. It would have been much better to have a tough enemy to face with less HP as the optional super boss. This one sucks. Just hold circle for two hours, and occasionally use an elixer if he manages to hit you. Very dull.

On the plus side, if you're higher level, it will probably go over a bit quicker than it did for me. Level up, kids. Use that 3x hotel.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87: Thanks, definitely got my money's worth!
Sidequests are a miss more often than not, but they can be distinguished pretty easily from the quest discription.
I do recommend the fishing quests though, the last one in particular was really well done.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD: well it's been a while since i played FFIII but i think the quick save works where it remains unless you overwrite it with a new one OR turn the system off

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

johncalmc

Having platinum'd the game I feel like I'm done with it, but the DLC news is interesting. There's gaps in the story that could be filled by these episodes dedicated to the other party members. I hope they get inserted logically into the story rather than exist as a separate entity. I'd be interested to play the game through as normal and do the Gladio mission at the obvious part where the Gladio mission should be, for example.

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD: Well done I want to replay some of the older ones now..going to see what comes of these anniversary announcements though first.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD: congrats on finishing FFII, one of the toughest in the series and as for the remake of FFIII yeah it has some awesome music

also they remade FFIV in the same style as the FFIII remake by the way so you might be interested in playing that version

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@KratosMD: Nice one for finishing ff2 - I never had the patience.

I'm still on ff15. Just used umbra to clean up the main open area, pretty cool that you can do that. Venice just wasn't for me. (Venice is crap in real life too Imo)

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

any one capturing and sharing videos of FFXV? (Landing FAIL!)

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87: so was i, once i blew up just for scrapping a fence

themcnoisy

Still working through FF15, where the hell do you guys find the time to smash games so quickly? I've just clocked 50 hours and am sat at level 55. That's over 3 hours a day since the games release, which is a lot of gaming. You guys have seemingly finished way ahead of me.

I'm probably gonna ditch ff15 once the game is platinized. Loving it, but I don't think tinkering or going off as Gladio (worst character in the party) will bring me back. If I had as much free time as everyone else I would consider it more!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic