Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 3,698

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: I'm at 58 hours level 55 myself, finished it last weekend at 38 hours level 40.

I'll keep coming back while they add content. Final Fantasy is the best.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy: i blasted through the story and didn't do any side stuff unless i had to, did it in about 20 hours

Untitled

although i'm now at 50 hours and still going

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87: @FullbringIchigo: Pretty much on par time wise, I still haven't finished it. I'm at a point in the story I cant go back to the open world. Pretty weird, but unique all the same.

Spoilers**
So I have the ring of Lucis, I dont understand what the big deal is with not wanting to wear it? At no point has this been explained - I would of put it on day 1 with these powers, so why did Noctis hold back?

Prior to this point a bunch of classic hunts have made an appearance, Tonberry, Yojimbo and even Adamantoise. It's super huge, unsure if you can beat it though as it told me to run away.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy: because when you put on the Ring it creates a contract between you and the former kings and if you want to use it's power you have to pay a price, your life

as for the Adamantoise you can beat it, you even get a Trophy for it

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo: @kyleforrester87: Ahhhh ok, so yeah that makes sense. I dont know if you have to sign up to the adamantoise as a hunt as it wont let me Libra and says to run! Haha anyway that's good to know you can fight it.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: I read someone on here beat it at level 65, I don't think it's particularly hard provided you have your elixirs stocked up, but it'll just take a couple of hours holding down circle. Higher level, the quicker it'll go down, naturally.

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy: @kyleforrester87: also if your having trouble you could always lower the difficulty for the fight,it doesn't affect getting the trophy at all

johncalmc

I beat Adamantoise at level 65. Only Noctis was 65, too. The others were at 61 I think.

Honestly, the fight is easy. It's just long and boring. He has loads of HP but as long as you've got health items you're fine. Basically, just sell anything you don't need, spend all the money on Phoenix Down and Hi-Elixer, and brute force it. The game is so forgiving that as long as you've got plenty of each you can't lose. Just prepare to be bored :')

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc: yeah easy but LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG!, i think it took me over an hour, still just have to do more quests and then i will have platinumed the game

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo: @johncalmc: Sweet. So the idea is to get to level 70+, buy Hi-Elixirs, phoenix downs and hi potions, buy 10 strength buffs, buff on a steak at camp, kick it's ass. Got it. Cant wait, gonna get my AP trees all filled out on route to the level 70.

I may check for strategies if its long winded, as in the best set up - weapon selections, ally L1 abilities etc. I've got Tonberry King and a few side missions to get through on route so it should be a doddle.

johncalmc

@themcnoisy: Pretty much. Like, I was mid-60s and at no point did it ever look like I might lose the fight. There's no real strategy required, you basically just hold circle for two hours, hit triangle now and again and heal if he manages to hit you occasionally.

If you've done Costlemark Tower, that's way way way harder. Just not as time consuming.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@johncalmc: I got battered and humiliated in the tower. Lightning bombs gave me a real kicking. I was level 40 when I tried it a few days ago. maybe once I've finished the game I will be in a different situation. I'm now Level 56/57 and the crew sat at 52ish so hopefully that helps with the endgame content. I think aiming for level 70 will be my aim prior to adamantoise.

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc: i got quite far into that tower, struggling all the way then i accidentally stepped on the transport pad and was taken right back to the start

so i left, but i think i'll go back soon

johncalmc

That tower sucks. It's confusing and weird and not really like any other dungeon in the game. It seems a bit cheap to me. I did it at level 70, after Adamantoise so it wasn't too bad but I imagine if you don't know what you're doing in terms of the puzzles, and you're anything lower than level 60 you might really struggle.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc: i was level 40 when i tried it

kyleforrester87

After completing those dungeons you can get the key and do the harder sections of each, no? Are these tough? I need to do the tower before that keys available.

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87: Is that the locked panel things in the dungeon? There's one in the second tomb / first dungeon you find near the start of the game (chapter 3 maybe?) when generic warrior guy shows you your true calling to claim the weapons of your ancestors. There's a locked panel in the volcano dungeon too.

I thought they were extensions of the dungeons either for end game hunts or dlc.

*** spoilers ***
I'm now at chapter 15, Noctus really changes appearance - I prefered him with gel in his hair lol. Cool chapter though and now I understand what's going on, cool summary by Bahamut. Although Bahamuts form leaves alot to be desired.

johncalmc

I really like the last chapter. Say what you will about the quality of the storytelling as a whole, but I think they manage to nail the landing. Top work from the villain, excellent callback to a previous, much loved Final Fantasy game, and sweet final battle that feels as epic as it should.

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

spoilers

@themcnoisy: I wasn't very impressed with Bahamuts first showing, he rocks up a bit later though and it's pretty neat.

The whole dark world bit could be a lot better, you get back after 10 years and happen to bump into a guy you know (fair enough) then head back to Hammerhead where all your friends are waiting and hardly say a word to one another. Would have been better to spend a chapter traveling the dark world, rounding up your buddies. I know they had a good catch up with one another over the last camp but you don't see a lot of this conversation.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic