Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 5,755

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried ha ha fair enough i do that kind of stuff at work so that would be the last thing i do when i get home. I would probs just look online to see if anyone else done it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

So only 3 more trophies and one of those is the platinum, get all the goodies from Nifhlheim and defeat all the Valkyries. The last one is a tough S.O.B but definitely doable.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@JohnnyShoulder Looks like I just beat you to it ! The Valkyries are though. I had to tone the difficulty down for the final encounter. Good luck!
With the last of Odin's Ravens slain I have now picked up the God of War platinum (#22)- my first for the year.
Don't know what it is, but I've just not felt compelled to 100% games recently.
Didn't have the best of trophies, but I'm pretty happy to add this one to my trophy haul.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfried

@KratosMD also the fact that no DLC seems to be on the horizon contributes to that. I remember after finishing Horizon I wanted way more of that game, but right at that moment they showed us the Frozen Wilds DLC.

Not that I've played that DLC yet (games overload) but from what I hear a lot of people did.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

So that is Queen V down. One tip is to get the boy to shoot arrows at her when she floats in the air so that she falls down. She has one move which takes half your energy away, so stopping her doing that is key as it is difficult to avoid.

She had so many moves and combos that She can string together, one of the main challenges is keeping track of em all. Maybe @Kidfried could put a spreadsheet together for us?

Rudy_Manchego

I've just got Niflheim, a few Ravens and the Queen to polish off. Did Muspelheim and actually really enjoyed doing those challenges. Given my schedule this week, I think it will take me all week to actually finish it off.

I think, like Horizon, these are trophies that encourage playing the game more which means people are going for it. Firstly, optional bosses, secondly you get so many by just playing the game it gives that, might as well finish it off vibe, rather than I have to play it again at super duper difficulty or anything.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego I should be finished tonight. Just have to do a bit of grinding for some mist souls in Niflheim to open the last realm tear.

I wouldn't mind buying last heavy rune attack for my blades which means doing more of the challenges in Muspelheim, which i have no problem. I cannot do the not take any damage challenge, that owns me lol

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Same here - I tried it once, got down to 8 enemies, got twonked from behind and thought... naaah, never happening then moved on.

Going to start Niflheim tonight. Hope it's not too annoying. I'm intending to do Niflheim, a few more ravens in the various Lake of Nine areas, the queen and then a leisurely walk through River pass back to the house. Easy peasy...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Niflheim can be quite confusing at first and a bit grindy but i did enjoy it.

If you get stuck give us a shout as i have something that will explain it. It is not something you will think of but when you see you will be like 'hey that makes perfect sense.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder I will do, I typically run in, get confused, get upset and then have to consult a guide so will inevitably give you a shout.

johncalmc

The problem with Niflheim is that I feel like the Dwarf explains the concept of it badly, and it makes you think it works one way, but it actually works another. Or that's certainly what happened to me, and a couple of people I know that played it. Once you know how it actually works it's really simple.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Simon_Fitzgerald

I managed to get the platinum trophies for both God of War and A Way Out yesterday, bringing my total platinum trophies to 43.

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

Jaz007

Where do you all find the motivation and time to get these platinums? I have 2 unintentional platinums from Sky 1&2. They always just look like so much work.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

Huzzah! All done with God of War now. I can pass it on to my mate at work who keeps badgering me for it lol

What a fantastic game.

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 I think GoW has a perfect set of trophies. Exactly the same as HZD. Snap with FF15. 75% of them at least will be done before the final boss / end so the remainder can be mopped up in a few hours.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

Ok, so GoW, I just have about another hours grind of Niflheim (not as hard as I thought, just a lot of grind), Queen Valkyrie, some ravens and, I realised, I still have a few treasures to find. So hopefully by the weekend.

Gremio108

I'm only a few hours in to God Of War, but I'm already pretty sure I'm going to platinum this game. Sometimes you just know

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Rudy_Manchego

OK, finally managed to beat the Queen Valkyrie after a lot of tries. Feels good to finally finish God of War. Outstanding game. Overall my game of the year so far but possibly not the best PS4 exc in my mind.

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Well done! Did you put the difficultly down like most people?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic