Forums

Topic: The trophy discussion thread.

Posts 341 to 360 of 427

JohnnyShoulder

TrueTrophies and Psnprofiles.com are good sites to go to if you want more stats and info about your trophies. I like how you can compare stuff with people on your friends list on TrueTrophies, like trophy streaks which is earning at least one trophy online on consecutive days.

JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

I got the platinum in Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition and World of Final Fantasy.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

As anyone that knows me can attest, when it comes to all things, I'm all about the low hanging fruit. So anyway, I did a playthrough of Resistance Burning Skys on my Vita and without much effort, got every trophy bar one without really realising it. So, checked the trophy list and the only thing between me and an easy platinum was one measly trophy. The catch? It was to complete just one multiplayer match.

Of course, this is a nearly five year old game, on a platform with a small user base so obviously, unless I sit next to my vita all day on the hope that I can find 3 other players (or start posting ads on trophy forums), the trophy list is unattainable. This really annoys me with trophies - the same was true of Tomb Raider Definitive edition. Grrrrrrr.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

KratosMD

@Rudy_Manchego The funny thing is that I knew exactly which trophy you were going to mention. I was also going for the Platinum in that game, so I looked up the trophy list beforehand and tried to get together a group of people for that trophy and it took days to find people who could all play at the same time. I eventually got it, but it was definitely not worth it.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Exactly, the game was Ok and I enjoyed it for what it was but I just can't justify the time to try and get people together for it. It's a real weakness of the trophy system in an online world if you are dependent on servers/player bases to get trophies.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

drk

I love trophies. Didn't really get into them until a year or two after buying my PS3 in 2010. Even though I know they don't have any actual value and "bragging rights" isn't a factor in why I pursue them, there's just something very (and oddly) satisfying about hearing that "ping" sound. They add extra playability and enjoyment to my gaming experience.

I did go through a bit of an obsession period with them where I'd be killing myself to get certain difficult trophies, to the point where gaming sometimes wouldn't be very fun. Now I kinda know when to cut my losses when it comes to pursuing a platinum trophy. I certainly don't mind doing some grinding or tackling a real challenging trophy, but I'm just not going to let it ruin what's supposed to be "fun time".

Currently at level 20 with 28 platinum trophies.

drk

Th3solution

Got Platinum number 13 - The Bunker. Man, that game is a trophy hoard. Platinumed it in about 2 hours. And it was a good game, worth playing even without the easy trophies. More of my impressions on the other thread...

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

ZeD

Popped platinum 123 on Friday with South Park The Fractured But Whole.

Onto Uncharted 2 now

Try Nubla @Th3solution 30 minute Platinum and there is four trophies lists! 2x USA 2x EU!

Edited on by ZeD

Staff Writer @ www.otakugamers.uk
PSN: zedmayer
115 Platinums
Latest Platinum : Slayaway Camp (PS4)
Working On: Patapon/Game of Thrones/Grim Fandango

PSN: zedmayer | Twitter:

WanderingBullet

Got my 50th Platinum - Monster Hunter: World.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@WanderingBullet That’s a good one to have for your 50th platinum. How long did it take you?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

WanderingBullet

@Fight_Teza_Fight I'm not sure, I wanna say maybe 250 hours? I only actively tried to get the remaining three trophies (Miniature Crown Master, Giant Crown Master, and Nowhere to Go but Up) three weeks ago. I had already gotten at least 28 crowns in total before I actually started farming for the rest. The rest of the trophies I got naturally just by playing the game. As for the pets trophies, I would've gotten them even if they weren't trophy related as I tried to catch every critter I came across.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

ztpayne7

Just got my 8th plat - Bloodborne! I played most of the game in co-op (one other friend around the same level as me) so it wasn’t as annoying as I would have expected. I’m on a roll with difficult plats, as my last one was Rogue Legacy.

ztpayne7

Jaz007

Assassin’s Creed 2 from the Ezio trilogy gives trophies so easily. It kinda feels nice to be getting my trophy count boosted for doing nothing again.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

BAMozzy

God of War Platinum trophy achieved!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KratosMD

So since I started playing God of War, I've gotten some trophy milestones:

• Got 4000 trophies now
  • Got my 28th Platinum trophy, which was GoW

And I'm 5 percentage points away from level 22!

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

themcnoisy

The pro evo 18 trophies are a proper grind.

Win the league, cup and european cup in 1 season.

Win a south american league, cup and champs league in one season.

Win an asian league, cup and champs league in one season.

Times that by 2 for the become a legend mode. At least 6 seasons at different teams!

Wtf konami thats ridiculous and stops the whole point of manager Modes in sports games, which is to build your team and gradually bring the success. Not be a fly by night mercenary.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

roe

Maybe they asked Mourinho for trophy advice?

roe

themcnoisy

@roe @JohnnyShoulder I thought the whole reason for trophies was to make you experience the full game.

The trophies for "get match data in vs mode" or "play a match as host in a friendly game" are a bit rubbish but at least they show you other parts of the game. The win the treble trophies are the worst as you end up playing 5 minute matches on Easy and end up trying to skip most matches.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic