Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 5,747

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Yep, after a good 10 tries I realised I was just not going to finish her off so the difficulty went down. Weird boss fight, I felt it could sometimes be unfair, like you could trigger a runic attack and she could leap above you and grapple you and there is nothing you could do.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah I think you need a bit of luck as when I defeated her she got trapped against a wall when I did all my tunic attacks. Buying the heavy runic attacks from the dwarves helped a great deal.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

For whatever reason, it bugged me that I didn't have the platinum trophy for Hotline Miami, so I re-downloaded it and just finished collecting all of the trophies tonight. I've lost count of how many times I've played these levels now. My hands hurt.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

SoulChimera

@Rudy_Manchego @JohnnyShoulder I'm just trying to finish her off too. Last trophy I need for the platinum. Tried about 15 times, got her right down on several occasions only for her to make an unbelievable comeback and smash me to pieces in seconds. I love this game, but this boss fight feels like it has the rubber bands from Mario Kart.

SoulChimera

JohnnyShoulder

@SoulChimera Good luck! She sure is one tough mofo. I posted some tips somewhere on here. I can see if i can find em if you are still stuggling. Or you can turn the difficulty down.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rudy_Manchego

@SoulChimera Yeah - I found the same. What it seems to be is that when she gets down to a certain health point, she becomes less vulnerable to Runic attacks so i found switching to normal attacks worked best. I also saved up the Left/Circle runic which slowed down time till she was right low and then pummed with my axe.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

Finally got the Pes 18 platinum and joined the 0.1% club. Great plat to have but by the end I absolutely hate Jim Beglin.

Currently working on the Megadrive collection. Then I want a dead easy plat so will turn to Telltale the masters of easy platinums.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

SoulChimera

@JohnnyShoulder @Rudy_Manchego finally did it. Thought I would give it a go before bed, not expecting to win because I’m shattered. Absolutely walked it. Didn't even need a resurrection stone. Haha. Typical. Glad it’s done but already looking forward to more.

SoulChimera

JJ-firl

At last! The Downwell platinum is mine. Definitely the one I’m most proud of.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Splat

Platinum #49

Far Cry 3 Classic Edtion.

A double-dip Plat and just as fun the second time around.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

ApostateMage

Done a speedy insanity run in Mass Effect Andromeda for the platinum. Quite easy really. I only need to get the plat for ME3 and that will be the whole collection. Time to fire up the PS3 and look at some decent Mass Effect character models and animation.

ApostateMage

DerMeister

I got my 2000th trophy today.

Fittingly enough. It was the one for getting the high score in the Crash minigame in Uncharted 4.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

KALofKRYPTON

@DerMeister nice. I did horribly at Crash in Uncharted 4!
I need to get that back of my uncle so that I can finish it actually.

Meantime, I've decide to go for the plat on Jamestown+. Gathered a few trophies for it for the DoP and really enjoying the game. Nice amount of content there.

Other than a couple of the difficult looking harder mode trophies, main issue will be a multiplayer one that requires 4 local players (revive 3 teammates) - which I may be able to work around as the liklihood of getting 3 other people over is slim.

I have 2 DS4s and a fight pad. So I think (feel free to chime in) that if I run the game through Remote Play on the Vita, set the two DualShocks and the fight pad to guests and play as myself on the Vita - that should account for the four players.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

Well, the Remote Play/multiple controller thing worked. Now just the easy(!) task of beating the rest of the game!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Gremio108

I finally got the God Of War platinum last night, after days of trying to beat the Valkyrie Queen. Due to my stubborn refusal to lower the difficulty, it took me I-don't-know-how-many goes. The hardest boss I've fought in a game for a long time!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Well done! She certainly was one though mo fo. I too refused to turn down the difficulty but I found buying the two tunic powers from the dwarves helped.

Decoy_Snake

Last plat I got was for God Of War amazing from start to finish, keeping going back to PES18 for the last my club trophy if I get that I think I might get the plat there but I'm not hopeful always getting caught out by cheap goals

Decoy_Snake

Twitter:

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder The squirrel was the key for me. I hadn't used him at all throughout the game (I'd been using the wolves), but when I realised Atreus' attacks were pretty ineffectual, I switched and that little squirrel made the difference.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 The Crows were my go to ability for Atreus. I think they would stun her just long enough for either line up an attack or take some health on.

Th3solution

Took a dive back into Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture just to complete the platinum. It was a bit of a slog, but I have a shiny new platinum for my troubles. “Backtracker” was the trophy that actually gave me the most problem, so I had to restart a new game and try it again, but in all, the clean up for the platinum was only a couple hours with the aid of a guide and a couple YouTube videos. 15 plats and counting.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic