Forums

Topic: E3 2017 -OT-

Posts 41 to 60 of 80

johncalmc

Just watched Microsoft's conference. The only way Sony won't "win" this year is if Shawn Layden turns up and talks about Knack 2 for ninety minutes and then walks off the stage.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Quintumply i thought the same, they only showed 3 games that could let us see what the XBX could do but everything else really didn't live up to all the Hype they presented and even then they didn't look that much better then a game on PS4 Pro at least to me but that could be because of the fact it was live streamed

although OG XBOX games added to the BC was nice

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

Most of the games that will benefit from XBX will be shown by EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft and Sony. The 3 big multi-plat reveals - Anthem, AC:O and Metro looked impressive and Forza 7 too but the rest will not be so significant. Cell shading, block colouring, low textures, low polygon count, pixel art etc really don't benefit a great deal from increased resolution - that obviously showed in Crackdown and Sea of Thieves as well as all the budget/indie/ID@Xbox games. At least it was quite a diverse selection - more than most years from MS - just not enough of their own heavy hitters...

£450 is a lot - over £100 more than a Pro and £250 more than an XB1s. In fact you can buy a Pro for 4k gaming (maybe not as pretty looking and can't even run Tekken in UHD) and an XB1s for 'any' Xbox' exclusive and BC games you may want to play and the 4k HDR Bluray for the price of just the XBX and maybe a game...

I must admit I am tempted - even at that price - because of all the multi-plat games I will (or want to) be buying - Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein, SW:BF2, CoD, AC:O, Metro, Anthem, RDR2, Destiny etc.

Isn't Sony's E3 just an hour long show - like last years...

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

I bought a pro with fallout 4 and Infamous second son for £330. That's a freaking bargain for the kit.

I'm hoping the pro gets a permanent £50 price drop with a pack In of Infamous and ratchet and clank.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy I would LOVE Sony to drop the price of the Pro - really extend the price gap between this and the XBX and put pressure on MS to reconsider their pricing.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Rudy_Manchego

I think dropping the price of the PS4 Pro would do wonders for sales of the Pro and really put MS in a vice regarding pricing. Healthy competition benefits us buyers!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

I don't really think Sony will substantially benefit from dropping the price of the Pro right now. At the end of the day, if you're investing in a quality 4K TV, you'll be happy to stump up for a Pro at it's current price. A saving of £25-£75 on the current price of a Pro isn't going to get you running out to buy one along with a £600+ TV set.

No doubt there are people with 4K TV's and a standard PS4 who are kind of interested in the idea of a PS4 Pro and a small discount might sell them on it but I doubt there are many.

Plus, if you look at the return Sony make on a Slim versus a Pro, it could well be they make a better margin on every slim sold so there is no need making the Pro more attractive than it already is.

Of course this will change as the current gen drags on and more and more people update to UHD as a matter of course.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@KratosMD It's not really weird if you consider that not only does Nintendo spread out its reveals throughout its E3 events (smaller games will apparently be revealed during the Treehouse segments as well), but it has little digital events throughout the year where they often announce new games/hardware/localizations/etc.

Moreover, Nintendo events have probably always been 25 minutes worth of actual announcements/footage if you take out all the padding, and, according to Nintendo, this spotlight will be very much "to the point" and full of reveals and first looks.

Sounds good to me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD Me too. I'm hoping to see the return of other big I.P.s. The fact that've gone this long without another another Animal Crossing game astounds me, considering how well New Leaf sold.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Gamer83

Not really impressed so far. Xbox One X is a bigger step up than PS4 Pro but is still just a useless 'mid-gen refresh' designed to keep these consoles in the spotlight longer than they probably should be. EA does nothing for me (not even Bioware anywhere) and Bethesda and Ubisoft were both pretty light on the must-play side of things. The Evil Within 2, AC: Origins and Far Cry 5 all have potential, but that's it. Hopefully Sony and Nintendo save this year's show from being a total snoozefest.

Gamer83

BAMozzy

So far, I have added Anthem, Wolfenstein, The Evil Within, Metro and AC:Origins to my wanted list. Games like SW:BF2 and probably most of Sony's show (Days Gone, Spider-Man, Destiny 2 etc) are already on that list. A number of the games at MS's would be on my 'Maybe' list (like Ori, CodeVein, Forza, Crackdown3) but that's more than I had before E3...

thatguyEZ

I'm like seriously devastated that From Soft wasn't there. Like I was certain that they were going to be there with something, I mean there have been so many hints leading up to this. It was good, but Bloodborne was quite literally all I wanted. The other stuff looks cool (Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Monster Hunter, etc.), but I'm honestly quite disappointed.

thatguyEZ

PSN: NanoNekomata | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy I've got a better idea of the games I want too. Unsurprisingly the polar opposite of your choices, which makes for a varied selection if we are both happy.

PS4
Gran Turismo
Undertale
Detroit

Ubisoft
Skulls and cross bones
Rabbids Kingdom battle
VR FMV game

X1X
Anthem
Life is strange
Blade runner pixel art game

Nei

It's all cool guys but I need to trick one of my friends into buying PS VR so I can play the Final Fantasy XV fishing game.

Seriously, games I'll probably play from the cofveves

PlayStation

Undertale
Monster Hunter World
SotC
God of war maybe? I still don't know

Ubisoft

Far Cry
Assassin's creed origin
Beyond good and evil 2

Microsoft

Anthem
Metro 2

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy Well its good that we all like different things! Keeps developers creating new ideas otherwise we would just have the same game(s) every year.

After Sony's E3, I can just add Horizon:ZD DLC to my wanted list as Uncharted, Days Gone and Spider-Man were on it from last years E3. Disappointed that most of my PS4 wanted games won't arrive until 2018 - One of the things that annoys me about Sony and the timing of their announcements. Apart from Horizon:ZD, Last Guardian and Uncharted Lost Legacy, everything they announced at E32016 won't be out before 2018.... Dreams and Wild have disappeared it seems - along with Sucker Punch, E3 2018. Show all your games 2-3yrs in a row...

GT has NOT impressed at all - its hardly a step up to PS4 standards or as in depth as Project Cars 2 if you wanted a racing Sim - Forza 7 also looks bigger and better too but each to their own. I prefer a more arcade racer these days as I get bored going round the same tracks in slightly different cars over and over again.

thatguyEZ

@BAMozzy Knack 2 will be out in September

But foreal I'm glad at the very lease Ni No Kuni 2 will be out this year. But once again, the only thing I truly cared about was seeing From Software and I'm really disappointed that Sony spent time on game we already knew about instead of that kind of thing. I suppose it might be announced at PSX, but I was really wanting it just to be locked in.

thatguyEZ

PSN: NanoNekomata | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Feena You say psvr and I say @Simon_Fitzgerald like Peter Parker and his camera those things are inseparable.

I will be looking to pickup psvr this year for sure now a vita 2 us off the table.

BAMozzy

@thatguyEZ And....??? I couldn't care less when Knack 2 releases - or even if they decided to cancel - not that they will of course. I kind of expected that the games would not release until 2018 but I still hoped that maybe, just maybe 1 or 2 would land this Holiday. Spider-Man perhaps to coincide with the Film perhaps?

Not being a 'fan' of From Softwares Souls/Bloodbourne games, I was disappointed by the lack of the new project from Sucker-Punch we were 'anticipating'. 3yrs since we heard anything from them...

themcnoisy

Looking back I'm quite pleased with the lack of new games. My immediate list has about 7-8 games from e3 I'm buying not including Sonic, Nex Machina, Tekken and finally playing P5 so I'm good for now. I'm eagerly waiting on news of a psvr upgrade prior to plunging in, else I'm grabbing for it Xmas.

Octane

@Feena I'd like to play BG&E2, as long as online play isn't mandatory. That part killed Skull & Bones for me. I love the idea of a tactical maritime pirate game, but that online requirement... Nope...

The reason I liked Sony's conference is because I probably end up buying most of what they showed: Horizon DLC, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, Days Gone, Monster Hunter, SOTC remake, Spider-Man, God of War, and maybe Detroit? But yeah, lot's of games I want to play.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.