Forums

Topic: E3 2017 -OT-

Posts 61 to 80 of 80

Splat

I really thought we would see something about Borderlands 3.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

thatguyEZ

@BAMozzy I was joking, I'm really not sure why they decided to make a sequel that no one seems to have wanted. I also think they should have had No No Kuni 2 should have been on stage as that game is coming out this year and Sony needs to get the word out.

I was also really disappointed by the lack of Sucker Punch's game. I was absolutely sure that and From were going to be there, but for some reason Sony thought a Skyrim VR game would be the bee's knees.

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

PSN: NanoNekomata | Twitter:

Ralizah

Sony had a good show, but most of their games didn't appeal to me. I can make that distinction. There's a big audience for games like God of War, Days Gone, the Uncharted spinoff, etc. I'm just not a part of that audience.

With that said, I'm VERY curious (and still a little peeved) about Monster Hunter World, and I cannot wait to play the SOTC remake/remaster (whatever it is).

I think Nintendo is having a pretty good E3. With that said, I could not be more unenthusiastic about the Kirby and Yoshi games. Kirby game looks like a generic mp Kirby, which is a huge step down from the creative Planet Robobot, and Yoshi... egh. It looks too similar to YWW on an aesthetic level, and none of the gameplay looked interesting. I won't write it off completely, but I'm not impressed with it so far.

The games coming to the Switch and 3DS this year look awesome, though. Etrian Odyssey V, Metroid: Samus Returns, Mario+Rabbids, Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 all look incredibly fun.

Really, really eager to see how Fire Emblem Switch, Metroid Prime 4, and Pokemon Switch look (hopefully during next E3!)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah E3 as a whole was a bit ''meh'' to ''decent'' IMO. Very few new reveals I'm interested in, but I'm looking forward to games we already knew about. Shadow of the Colossus stands out, and I hope it's more than just a remake. Monster Hunter World was the other big reveal for me. Days Gone, God of War, Uncharted, Spider-Man and Mario Odyssey aren't new, but they are on my wanted list. Horizon DLC left me way more excited than the ''four heroes on generic background'' reveal of the Zelda DLC.

The Pokemon and Metroid reveals were a bit lame IMO. That's press release material, not something you announce during a press conference without following it up with a gameplay or teaser trailer. I feel that Metroid is still years away anyway, not something to get excited for right now. Glad it's coming, but why announce it in this stage?

That Rabbids and Mario RPG looked surprisingly fun, so I'll be checking that out. I still hate the Rabbid designs though.. Anything else was either not coming in the foreseeable future (BG&E2) or ruined by the idea of online-only (Skull & Bones). At least Anthem looked good, and maybe I'll check out that new Metro game.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

I think E3 was solid but no one really blew it out of the water, though I thought Ubisoft did better then I expected, showing some cool new stuff. I think I was expecting more because MS and Nintendo had new or nearly new consoles, and that it would drive competition up.

That said, lots of games I want to get:

• Wolfenstein 2
  • UC lost Legacy
  • Days Gone
  • Spiderman
  • GOW
  • Detroit
  • BGE2 (pending online functions)
  • South Park - Fractured
  • Far Cry 5 (I swore I wouldn't but in fairness, this does look good).
  • Doom VFR
  • Skyrim VR
  • HZD DLC

Plus a bunch of great looking indies and other titles that are years away (Metroid Prime 4, looking at you). Overall, I guess you could say that E3 did its job on me!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

BAMozzy

@Rudy_Manchego Your list is similar to mine - although I would remove the VR games, Detroit & South Park and replace with Anthem, AC:O & The Evil Within, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Destiny 2 and CoD:WW2

God of War, Far Cry 5 (I felt the same way), BG&E (same reason as you), Forza, Need for Speed:Payback and Crackdown 3 (might be more fun than Agents of Mayhem) are all at various positions in my 'Maybe' list - A list of games that haven't yet enticed me enough to join my 'Wanted' list but could also drop into my 'leave' list.

The VR segment didn't really do enough to convince me I need VR. The only thing that looked 'interesting' was that 'Bravo' game but still didn't look like a game I need to buy VR for. I am sure VR will enhance it, but I can't see the game being 'interesting' enough to stand on its own - if that makes sense. Just playing it because its in VR rather than playing because its a great game that happens to be in VR. The others - certainly Moss looked like it would be equally at home on the PSN for standard TV gamers and not something that 'needs' VR. Its a bit like 'Kinect/Move' with Dance/Party games. Those games only really work with those peripherals and, if you wanted those games, would entice you buy the Peripheral. I am still waiting for 'that' game. Being Disabled also limits my enthusiasm for VR as a 'gaming' peripheral but as a Social peripheral, I would be extremely interested. The ability to attend E3, Gamescom, Museums, Theatres, Galleries, Sporting events, places of interest (Grand Canyon, Sydney Opera House, Petra, Yellowstone park etc), Cities (Tokyo, New York etc) etc etc. in an 'online' social group/party and use 'party chat' to talk with others or solo now that would be worth buying. Imagine being able to put on a VR headset and do your Shopping, walk around a VR New York or London and pop into any VR shop, buy what you want and have it sent to you. Pop on your headset and go to E3 with a bunch of other VR using gamers, pop into any of the booths and see the games running, chat with developers etc and even 'play' a few 'demo's' as if you were there - either take it turns with 'your' party and they can watch, laugh joke together, or maybe jump into a MP demo together... Well that's my vision for VR and what I hope we see sooner rather than later. I think this would make VR really sell and then the games will follow pretty soon afterwards...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Rudy_Manchego

@BAMozzy Understand on South Park and Detroit, those really are going to be gaming 'marmite'. I am interested in Anthem, AC:O and BF2 but I might wait a bit until I see reviews etc. first though they all looked great in trailers.

As for VR, in my opinion the experience is different enough in VR that it is hard to compare to non VR games. I tend to describe them as experiences rather than games. If you take Farpoint for example, if you played that outside of VR the game would be terminally average (maybe worse) but the VR and controller element made it feel like completely different to a FPS. I don't VR every night but sometimes I will try it for the experience of it. I think that is the really really hard thing to market with VR headsets. That's not to try and persuade you as you have good reasons to not be as enthused, just my take.

I 100% agree on the social side of VR, I want Sony to take as much advantage as possible. I still think they should be doing their shows in 360 for PSVR users. I actually use my VR regularly for watching 3d blu rays, it really does make a big difference.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ypmud

wow first time in ages ive posted.....

Im looking forward to Knack 2 dont care what @bamozzy says

To be honest I wasnt overly impressed with any of the e3 press conferences, seemed to be a bit lacking this year.

I would of liked to have seen some gameplay from HZ:D DLC and I liked spiderman but it being 2018 seems a bit lame GOW looked stunning but again 2018 seems miles away.

Lacking anything from suckerpunch was very poor, if its a new IP great but could of done with a teaser. But looking at what went on with No Man's Sky and how it tanked I can sorta understand why Sony are a tad twitchy with new IP's.

All in all just wait for the Playstation Experience in late September thats when we will see loads of games.

Ypmud

PSN: ypmud

themcnoisy

So that's a wrap on E3, great times everyone in the forums and some great banter.

Let's all pick 3 things;

1) A game of the show

2) highlight of the show

3) biggest miss of the show

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy

1) A game of the show
Anthem. Was not expecting and the game impressed. Metro also was a big surprise too but Anthem just pipped it...
2) highlight of the show
Difficult to pick just 1. Anthems Game-play Reveal, Metro reveal, Horizon:DLC announcement, Wolfenstein Trailer - great trailer.
3) biggest miss of the show
Sucker-Punch. Lack of Visceral Star Wars game was a miss too, Aisha Tyler at Ubisoft... Again difficult to pick one...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

1) Shadow of the Colossus.
2) Ubisoft having a decent E3 conference.
3) No Metroid Prime 4 trailer.

Octane

Arminillo

Game: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Was it the best looking game in the conference? No. Was it already in a 12 foot hole before it was announced? Yes. That game looks WAY better than it has any right to be.

Highlight: Monster Hunter World reveal - I wouldve bet my house that the leak was fake. Just a massive betrayal by Capcom, and the one announcement that shocked me the most.

Biggest Miss: Retro Studios. I could say the same for Sucker Punch, but knowing that Prime is being made without Retro makes me even more curious.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Ralizah

@themcnoisy

"A game of the show"

Super Mario Odyssey. Looks utterly incredible.

"highlight of the show"

Monster Hunter: World reveal. This single-handedly sent one of the most chill fandoms on the internet into a state of confusion, anger, and disarray overnight. If there's one moment I'll remember from E3, it's this.

"biggest miss of the show"

Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer. I don't know what this thing is, but it's not the BG&E I remember. Also, this apparently has a persistent online world? SO disappointing.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah I really hope Ubisoft meant regular online play or something. I hope it's not their stupid online DRM stuff. I skipped For Honor for that reason, and I won't get Skull & Bones for the same reason.

Octane

themcnoisy

Game - Ace Combat 7

Highlight - Skull and crossbones beating sea of thieves all ends up

Miss - Sucker Punch

Quintumply

Game - God of War. It looks fantastic. Love the new direction it's taking. Spider-Man is a very close second.

Highlight - Honestly, the biggest surprise for me was that Undertale is on its way to PlayStation 4 and Vita. I never thought that would happen, but I'm really pleased it is!

Honourable mention to the Devolver Digital E3 conference. Watch it if you get a chance, it's insane and hilarious.

Miss - This is a toss up between the absence of Sucker Punch's new game and Red Dead Redemption 2, although the latter was less likely anyway because Rockstar rarely, if ever, turn up to E3.

Edit: I've just remembered, A Way Out! That game was definitely another highlight for me.

Edited on by Quintumply

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Quintumply man I forgot about A way out, can't wait for that!

Wesker

Game - Gran Turismo Sport This trailer has me hyped:

Highlight - The Giant Bomb at Nite shows

Miss - Vita 2

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

PLEXTOR08

Best psn game: Spiderman ps4. PURE AWESOMENESS. It looks like it's really going to give players the Spiderman experience like none of the previous games have done before.

Highlight: Monster Hunter world's reveal. I'm a huge monster hunter fan but I just couldn't get used to the controls on the 3ds so a ps4 release makes me very happy.

Favourite trailer: Let it Die battle to the top. Even though this is more of an update than a game, the music and visuals make the trailer so much more epic.

Best surprise: Nintendo's E3. Not going to lie, I thought they would screw it up. I expected them to just show a bunch Mario Odyssey trailers and pretty much nothing else but I was pleasantly surprised to see that they actually had a pretty nice line up for both the switch and the 3ds. If they keep this up I might actually think about getting a switch later this year.

PLEXTOR08

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.