Forums

Topic: PS4 Destiny Meet Up Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 671

kyleforrester87

Yeah agreed. It's a difficult model, because on the one hand you've got the guys who want a deep story with minimal grinding and rerunning of areas, then on the other is the MMORPG crowd who are used to bigger worlds/more variety to sustain their passion for the grind, but perhaps forget that Destiny isn't supported by monthly subscription fees or even micro transactions (which is somewhat admiral, considering..you know, Activision.) so yeah the DLCs are maybe a tenner more than we'd like but I can appreciate what they are trying to do.

(Plus, don't forget Diablo - it's very similar in many ways, it's perhaps more rewarding due to more frequent and meaningful loot drops, but that wasn't always the case!)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Jaz007

I think another thing about MMOs is also that they can have so much content because the gameplay is terrible. It's souless number exchanges where you spam skills, sort of, but not really controlling what your doing. Maybe with a stupid dodge mechanic. This is my experience with Guild Wars 2 anyway. The gameplay was outdated and badly aged and might've woked 10 years ago. Destiny actually has a lot of care and work out into the gameplay, the catch is less content, but the gameplay has a soul and is fun when you go through it. It's quality over quantity in a huge way in my opinion. The only issue is the DLC overpriced with Destiny.

Jaz007

kyleforrester87

Is anyone around for a PoE run? Level 32 is fine to pick up an armour core. I'm level 33, up for running a 34 if a couple of higher levels want to.

I'm around from now until anytime later, really.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Hi again, not sure if anyone is playing much Destiny at the mo but I'll be doing another 32 POE run this weekend, if anyone fancies joining let me know otherwise I'll find some randoms again on a matchup site

kyleforrester87

Its_badW0lf

Being on holidays, I'd be so pissed off if I hadn't gotten my Gjallahorn some months ago via RNG drop.

@themcnoisy good chance for you to replace that blue launcher of yours mate!

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

themcnoisy

@xX_RiscazZ_Xx: Cool

@kyleforrester87 either tonight or I have zero chance to jump on.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

Ah won't be tonight I'm afraid, but busy. But tomorrow afternoon/evening or Sunday is fine if anyone wants to play, I'll be going ahead either way. Just want to hit the level cap by the time Taken King launches. Just need a new helmet and I'm there.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Xur is selling Gjallarhorn for 17 strange coins this weekend, so would be worth logging on and picking it up if you have a minute

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87:
I've got 2

Yeah I've got 2 strange coins what does that get me?

ShogunRok

Xur can kiss my arse. Got to level 28 with my fresh character, was on a roll, so I go to Xur and buy an exotic gauntlet engram. Turns out it's for a hunter, and I'm a titan. Cheers mate, all my motes of light down the drain, never again.

ShogunRok

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@ShogunRok: Happened to me with exactly the same situation (I'm a titan, got hunter exotic etc) it worked our well though as the exotic shard you get once you dismantle it is used to fully upgrade exotic weapons.

themcnoisy

@ShogunRok @kyleforrester87 @Wesker @xX_RiscazZ_Xx @iDangerMouse_ you fellas down for VOG on Friday evening at 9pm? We've got Alex as well but I don't know his username. Kyle just like riscazz last time out you can lead the way!!! Let us know when you can.

Also anybody else who frequents the thread sign up. If we get enough we could run both raids on different groups.

kyleforrester87

You know I'm usually down but literally cannot make it this Friday evening, could do Saturday or Sunday at some point. That said if we can set a date for Friday 11th that'll work just fine, know it's a little way off but hey. (TTK drops on 14th)

kyleforrester87

Its_badW0lf

I can't do this friday either guys, will be away for the whole weekend.

You and what army?

PSN: its_badW0lf

BAMozzy

If you need an extra person, I am available with my Hunter....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy:

Nice one Bam -

ShogunRock
Alex
Bamozzy
Me

2 more spaces.....

kyleforrester87

If you can't get em for this Friday certainly next week is fine for me, hopefully for @xX_RiscazZ_Xx too.

As far as this Friday goes I could be around a little later if you find yourself a man down half way through shoot me a message and I can maybe hop on. Just can't commit to the whole thing from 9!

kyleforrester87

Wesker

@themcnoisy: Thanks for the invitation, but I'm taking an extended break from Destiny. Too many other games I want to play...

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.