How Long Will Watch Dogs Stay Connected to Your PS4?

Conference call

While there hasn’t been a software drought in the traditional sense, the PlayStation 4 has coasted through a couple of slow months since its launch late last year. Fortunately, that’s all set to change next week with the arrival of inFAMOUS: Second Son and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. There’s going to be no shortage of content during the spring either, with MLB 14: The Show and Watch Dogs on the way – but will the latter be long enough to keep you occupied until Destiny?

Responding to that exact query on Twitter, creative director Jonathan Morin revealed that he expects average players to spend around 35 to 40 hours with the title before seeing it through to its hacktastic conclusion. However, he added that those looking to completely clear their save file may need to keep the open world escapade connected to their next-gen system for anywhere up to 100 hours.

Earlier today, it was revealed that publisher Ubisoft actually expanded the game during its delay. The title will now feature extra scenes that focus on human trafficking and sexual violence – an addition responsible for increasing the release’s rating in Australia. Are you still on the same wavelength as the upcoming epic, or is your once strong signal waning? Dial our anticipation hotline in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com, eurogamer.net]

Related Games

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

to be honest since the delay i found myself getting less and less interested in this game to the point that i don't really care about it anymore, i think i might still get it later this year when it's cheap and i have nothing else to buy

thedevilsjester

thedevilsjester said:

The problem is that the article assumes that everyone wants to play Destiny. That title holds absolutely no interest for me so Watch Dogs has to last much longer for me.

Bad-MuthaAdebisi

Bad-MuthaAdebisi said:

Assuming elder scrolls online is still out in June I'll be ploughing my life into that. I'll probably pick this up near release date but I'll need some reviews and gameplay footage first. It does look less impressive now.

banacheck

banacheck said:

@get2sammyb
Sony & Ready At Dawn has confirmed an autumn release, unless gets delayed which i doubt.

I'm looking forwards to Watch Dogs & definitely Destiny, i knew new content had be add to Watch Dogs because of the rating in Australia. It was already rated in Australia, so the cut content or what ever it was made no sense.

Ali247

Ali247 said:

Ever since the delay, they haven't released much gameplay about Watch Dogs :(

Punkinhead145

Punkinhead145 said:

35-100 hours? That sounds awesome! I've recently taken an intetest in Watch Dogs so that sounds great!

Munkyknuts

Munkyknuts said:

This was the game I bought the PS4 to play so the delay saddened me. I'm not as interested as I was as I have doubts about it's quality. If it reviews well I'll still give it a shot.

eLarkos

eLarkos said:

"While there hasn’t been a software drought in the traditional sense, the PlayStation 4 has coasted through a couple of slow months since its launch late last year" - awesome sentence, perfectly put.

Its really hard to tell if the delay is a good or bad thing for sales. GTA5 prob would have smothered it but now im not as interested. 40 hours does seem great though. Dont know about 100h, could just be tedious tasks.

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Still looking forward to it. Bit of a sea of third person adventures though. Just finished up Tomb Raider, still have ACIV to do, Infamous to come, as well as Watch Dogs and Spider-Man 2. Bring on Drive Club!

Midzark

Midzark said:

Not 100% sure myself as the newest trailer makes the graphics look rubbish! So I shall wait for some game play videos on the mighty youtube and go from there!! :)

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I'm still excited to play Watch_Dogs myself, though hopefully the PS4 will be $300 New by the time the game eventually does drop down in price to $20 New in 2-3 years.

craigun

craigun said:

I have to agree, the graphics looks pretty bad at this point. The game has a LOT to prove!

Swiket

Swiket said:

I will never understand news headlines that are questions that can be answered in a single sentence...

Subie98

Subie98 said:

@get2sammyb im not interested in either destiny or the order. Im strange I guess. When I beat watch dogs ill play mk8 and go back to my back log of ps3 games.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

I wasn't interested in Watch Dogs when it was revealed & Im still not interested now. Everytime something gets announced about the game it always sounds too vague to me so its hard to get interested when you don't know what it entails. There's always a chance it could come good though closer to release