Rumour: Guacamelee Wrestling onto the PS4 in Spring 2014

Posted by Kell Andersen

Drink it up

According to a recent IGN article, PlayStation Network brawler Guacamelee will be coming to the PlayStation 4 sometime in Spring 2014. The report, which has since been removed, revealed that the re-release will feature two new worlds, improved visuals, and added particle effects. Most exciting of all, though, is the addition of a new "chicken bomb" ability. We can't begin to imagine the boardroom meeting that spawned that concept.

This story must still be taken with a hefty spoon of salt, as Polygon reached out to the game's developer Drinkbox Studios in regards to the speculation, and the Canadian studio responded by asking, "What's Guacamelee?" We don't have a 'Best PR Team' award here at Push Square, but after that hilarious gem, we can safely say that if it existed, it would definitely go to Drinkbox. What do you make of these tasty rumours? Would you be interested in a next-gen version of the popular beat-'em-up? Have a fiesta in the comments section below.

[via polygon.com]

I bought the original at launch and still haven't played it. Would buy again.

ferrers405

ferrers405 said:

Mutant Blobs Attack is coming to the PS3 too, another great game from DrinkBox made to Vita

Dodoo

Dodoo said:

@get2sammyb - DA FUQ?!?!

You must stop whatever you are doing and play this game immediately. One of the best I've played this year! GET ON IT! :)

divinelite

divinelite said:

Yes its great until my supervisor play and continue my game progress .because its auto saving that means I have to replay from the start.

Oh well after tearaway I guess

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Haven't gotten this yet. Isn't it cross buy? Ps4 version could be free for you guys who already bought it.

AD-80

AD-80 said:

Why is this a surprise to people? Did anyone watch the Sony televised event on Nov. 14th? LOL They specifically played a video of Guacamelee, I believe it even said 4 player coop. I could be wrong though.

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

Love the game, but I'm not sure I'd play it on PS4, I never even bothered to play it on PS3. The Vita is the perfect way to experience the game. For those not into handheld gaming though, this is still a must-buy.