Toys 'R' Us Backs Away from Purported PS4 Release Date

Still a secret

Toys ‘R’ Us has shied away from speculation claiming that it’s privy to the PlayStation 4’s release date. In a report published by BT Games, a spokesperson for the retail giant stated that it had been handed information on the next generation console’s launch plans “direct” from its suppliers – but it’s since admitted that this was a mistake.

The company had attached a 13th December launch to the Japanese giant's impending system, which it claimed was “accurate”. However, it’s since said that the so-called confirmation was just an old fashioned mix up. “The release date is not provided by Sony, but is an estimated date required by our system to allow us to take pre-orders,” a spokesperson explained.

Sony’s said that the PS4 will launch this year in Europe and North America, but additional details are scarce. A more specific date is expected at GamesCom, where the platform holder will likely reveal a handful of new games, too. When do you think that you’ll be able to get your eager mitts on the PS4? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via home.bt.com]

Ps4all

Ps4all said:

From what I've heard, publishers are starting to get a little miffed at both Sony and Microsoft for not announcing the release date of said consoles. I think they will need to say something soon, only 4 months left in the year and there is marketing to be done.

@lvnlavitaloca Hmm, I imagine the publishers have a rough idea. After all, they need to know when their games need to be ready. The reason we don't know the date is because Sony and Microsoft are still sparring. And they also need to finalise production details.

Itachi

Itachi said:

I think late October would be perfect. Just in time for Black Friday, and gives people time to grab them up for Christmas.

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

i agree with everyone here an october 29th date would be perfect, however would watch dogs be considered a launch title 3 weeks from then? I really am looking forward to watch dogs day one of PS4.

Scorpio73

Scorpio73 said:

October 29th would be fantastic! Somehow the skeptic in me is saying that this won't happen though.

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

I have preordered a ps4 and plan to buy both consoles eventually..if xbox launches first, like last gen I will hold off 2 years to buy a playstation transferring my $400 to a xbox.

Cloud7794

Cloud7794 said:

I hope it releases soon, but that they've made sure to give us the console we've been promised. I'm all for October 29, but if not all the features are set to go, only release if they can bring it out in an update within a month.

Kenshin0104

Kenshin0104 said:

I really hope it gets release early November i dont think that Sony will put the release any further than that well i hope atleast