Grand Theft Auto 5's Trophies Don't Look Especially Easy

Time killer

You’re going to need to set aside a few hundred hours to earn the Platinum Trophy in Grand Theft Auto V, as the trinkets in Rockstar Games’ latest adventure look anything but easy. The rewards were leaked overnight courtesy of Xbox360Achievements, but we’re assuming that the PlayStation 3 gongs are identical – that’s usually the case for multiformat games, anyway.

You’ll earn awards for gathering spaceship parts, exploring the entirety of the map, and finishing all of the side-missions. For the Platinum, you’ll need to complete the title to 100 per cent, as well reach Rank 100 in Grand Theft Auto Online. There are also achievements for performing all of the Stunt Jumps, as well as earning a Gold Medal in “all applicable hobbies and pastimes”. Phew.

In short, you're not going to finish this one in a weekend, but we’re hoping that the quality of the experience will live up to the enormous time investment. You can check out the full list of achievements through here. Is this a Platinum Trophy that you’re going to work towards? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via xbox360achievements.org]

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

I can only think of losing game after game of darts in 4... I'm glad to see they've upped the entire scale of the experience. Cool dude.

ShogunRokAdmin

ShogunRok said:

So it's one of those 'DO EVERYTHING' trophy lists. To be honest, I don't mind them when compared to lists that demand games be played on the hardest possible difficulty, etc. With trophies like these, I feel like you're always working towards something at least.

Splat

Splat said:

I just hope there aren't a ton of missable trophies. In games this time consuming I don't like having to start a new game.

I know I'm going to want to see everything in GTA5, so I'd love to get all of these. Reality is, though, I'm never going to 100% this game. (I did 100% Red Dead Redeption, so we'll see.)

I'll never, ever, ever reach Rank 100 in multiplayer, though. I bet that's like 40 hours of gameplay alone, if not more.

Reverend_Skeeve

Reverend_Skeeve said:

@get2sammyb Don't judge so early about the hours you might spend in mp...if R* really pulls of only half of what they hinted at in the mp-trailer, those 40 hours may fly by in no time... ;) Just remember: Jet Ski racing... ;)

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

I can see this game lasting well into next year for me. I'll probably sink a ton of time into the tennis mini-game.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

The multiplayer ones may put me off. If its stupid ones where you have to rely on luck (like Poker-ace in Red Dead) then, frankly, R* can stick it up their arse. Some of their online trophies take the piss.