Assassin's Creed III Stabs EU PS Plus Members in the Back

Jak & Daxter, Stealth Inc, and more up for grabs

As mentioned during Sony’s big GamesCom press conference this week, Assassin’s Creed III will be available for free in Europe if you’re a PlayStation Plus member from 28th August. The divisive sequel will put you inside the period appropriate boots of a new assassin, a Native American named Connor – and should get you in the mood for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.

Other releases set to join the Instant Game Collection at the end of the month include cross-buy sneak-‘em-up Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark, motorcycle sim Urban Trial Freestyle, and New Little King’s Story, the PlayStation Vita reimagining of Konami’s popular Nintendo Wii strategy game. You’ll also be able to download the PlayStation 3 version of the Jak & Daxter Trilogy, but it’s unclear whether you’ll score the Vita version, too. This is technically cross-buy compatible, so we’ll see.

While the new releases are exciting, it’s worth remembering that a slew of freebies are set to leave PlayStation Plus before the month is over. If you haven’t added Need for Speed: Most Wanted, the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Demon’s Souls, LEGO Lord of the Rings, and When Vikings Attack to your download list, you should probably rectify that now.

It looks like another stellar offering from where we’re sitting – but are you happy with the slew of giveaways? As always, feel free to spill your thoughts in the comments section and poll below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in September? (20 votes)

Assassin's Creed III

20%

The Jak & Daxter Trilogy

30%

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark

15%

Urban Trial Freestyle

10%

New Little King's Story

25%

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

rjejr

rjejr said:

Thanks for the EU in the title this month. Im on month 8 of no PS+ but I keep watching and waiting. AC3 would be tempting but I just bought the Jak trilogy for $10 I think. Though I did just buy a Wii U so it might be a tough sell at this point w/ the Mrs.

I haven't played Assassin's Creed yet so I'm really excited for that. Sadly, there aren't enough hours in the day.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

@get2sammyb none of them? 3 is definitely not the best starting spot.

That said, I know this is a big title, but I already have it so I hope it's eu only =)

RawShark

RawShark said:

Any update that doesn't give me games I already own is a good update to me, so this is another good month. I do seem to remember the chap from SOny saying at Gamescom that all game s given away by Plus have a metascore of 80+, so seeing Urban Trials is somewhat suspect. It's questionable giving away games so soon after they're released as well - I might have been peeved if I had picked up Stealth Inc a couple of weeks ago when it was first released... it's the sort of thing that's stopping me from getting Hotline Miami. But yeah, as I say I can't grumble.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

Just started playing Assassin's 3 and found it boring. Will trade it in and get it on Plus. Little King's Story is the one I'm most excited about, been wanting it for a while but couldn't find it anywhere. Stealth Inc looks intriguing too. The BMX and Jak games can just be ignored by me though. Very hot and cold month, personally.

Oh, if the Jak trilogy is the Vita version too then Trophy hunters are going to be delighted - six Platinums for free!

MrHilster

MrHilster said:

I hope we get both Vita and PS3 versions of the Jak Trilogy like we did with When Vikings attack!

PMasterTy9

PMasterTy9 said:

It's says AC3 is coming to PS+ members in Europe, what about the US??? I would assume its is coming to the US as well but I am only seeing Europe.

ZeD

ZeD said:

@get2sammyb I am half way through AC3 so time to trade that in towards Killzone! Revelations is still my favourite to date (plus I got the Platinum :) )

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

@ZeD wow. That one was one of my least favorite to date (only better than 1). I thought it was a big step back from 2 and brotherhood.

3 wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped, but I appreciated the fact that I actually died in combat. I feel like that didn't happen in ezio's games.

8vpiper

8vpiper said:

bought AC just to kill time last month after TLOU I just could not put myself through it it felt crappy well everything did after TLOU(still have not tried the mp afraid I'm starting late and will get my ass handed to me)

Epic

Epic said:

I will always envy EU PS+ even though I already have AC III I really want to try Stealth Bastard and Jak and Daxter T_T