Need for Speed: Most Wanted Leads High-Octane EU PS Plus Refresh

Lineup includes Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, and more

The sun is certainly shining, but that’s not stopping Sony from waving the chequered flag on another insane European PlayStation Plus offering. Starting from 31st July, you’ll be able to burn rubber in Need for Speed: Most Wanted, all without needing to worry about the price of petrol. But while Criterion Games’ critically acclaimed arcade racer may be the hottest new addition in August, it’s by no means the only noteworthy inclusion on the starting grid.

Also up for grabs are complimentary copies of gangster favourite Mafia II and thought-provoking shooter Spec Ops: The Line. Over on the PlayStation Vita, you’ll be able to download LEGO Lord of the Rings and cross-buy combat title When Vikings Attack. That should keep your backlog bulging for a little longer, huh?

As always, the impending arrival of the aforementioned titles means that a handful of releases will be departing the Instant Game Collection soon. If you still haven’t snatched Battlefield 3, Catherine, Malicious, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, and Unit 13, then make sure that you get to work before 31st July. And while you’re at it, don’t forget to tell us what you think of this month’s update in the comments section and poll below.

Which PS Plus title are you most looking forward to in August? (8 votes)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

25%

Mafia II

13%

Spec Ops: The Line

38%

LEGO Lord of the Rings

25%

When Vikings Attack

Please login to vote in this poll.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

I loved Mafia II. That's a really good giveaway, I think. And obviously Need for Speed speaks for itself.

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

@get2sammyb I still havent played Mafia2 or Spec ops but have been looking at them lately due to price drops. Wont have to purchase now lol I was playing NFS:Most Wanted on PC recently. Actually enjoyed it. How deos Sony keep pulling these AAA games out of EA's back pocket!?

rjejr

rjejr said:

Nice that the EU announces this so far in advance, the US PS+ titles usually get announced around the 1st of the month. Maybe the 29th this month. I'm still waiting for KoA:R.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

For the first time ever I won't be getting anything, PS3 or Vita. Vikings is the only appealing game but already own that. The PS3 lineup is dire for me personally.

Madd_Hatter401

Madd_Hatter401 said:

Congrats EU that's good stuff..hoping US gets something similar although I doubt we will get mafia 2. Shame cause its a game I'm interested in but won't pay for.

ViciousDS

ViciousDS said:

@Madd_Hatter401 yes its a solid rent......good game and story but pretty short.

I'm hoping for an rpg next month I already went through the racing fix this month.

Maybe Kingdoms of Amalar, Assassins Creed 3, BladeStorm and for the Vita title.....Guacamelee, Lego LOTR, or Persona 4 Golden.....although most people already own PS:4 but it would move sales I think people knowing they can get one of the greatest RPG's of all time $30 for free when buying a Vita.

Bigjasp71

Bigjasp71 said:

Another great month on PS+. Haven't played NFS or Mafia 2 yet so will definitely download them both. Already have Spec Ops, one of the best and most surprising games I had played when it came out, the story really held you, totally recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Whats the $ amount available for DL for PSASBR?
Maybe they'll give the US that in the hopes we'll spend money on the DL. I think it was just on sale also, they always give us stuff free right after they put it on sale ;-)
And really, who is going to buy this now unless its in a bundle?