Angry Birds: Star Wars Finds the Force on PlayStation 3 and Vita

Luke Flywalker

Angry Birds: Star Wars, Rovio and LucasArts’ license to print money, is set to step away from the Pork Side of mobiles and tablets, and fly onto the PlayStation 3 and Vita this fall. The title – which popped up on Amazon overnight – will catapult its way onto a console near you on 29th October in North America and 1st November in Europe.

The re-release will boast enhanced visuals, 20 exclusive levels, PlayStation Move compatibility, and new two-player co-operative and four-player competitive modes. If all of that has left you in a flap, we should probably add that publisher Activision’s charging a whopping $39.99 for the port. Yeah, we thought that that would suck the wind out of your wings.

[via joystiq.com]

Related Games

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

Wow, "let's make as much money as possible before the novelty runs out!"

Jokes aside, I can't see the point of playing this on the big screen, but the Vita port might be interesting.

But what really doesn't make no sense AT ALL is selling this in a plastic box at a high price point as if it was a full-fledged gaming experience. This is meant to be a cheap time killer you download for a couple of bucks on your phone/portable system (which is perfectly all right by me). What annoys me is trying to turn this into more than it really is.

@Snorky It's ridiculous, isn't it? I mean, $10 would be bad, but I could just about understand that. $40 is ridiculous. The thing is, they charged the same for the Angry Birds Trilogy — and it sold really well!

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

My parents got my brother the 3DS collection. I facepalmed so hard on Christmas day. What a waste of money.

ztpayne7

ztpayne7 said:

Crazy. I mean, I downloaded it for free this past week (they were running a one day special).

rjejr

rjejr said:

What's actually crazy about the pricing, besides it being crazy in it's own right, is that I think the "trilogy" 3-games-1 package is going for $30, so how can they make 1 game $40?

OTOH, GoW 3 was $60 and it lasted about 6 hours (and don't even get me started on the 20 minute PS2 launch title The Bouncer, or ZoE which I think was 3 hours) so from a purely $1 per hour perspective people may get their money's worth.

And if you're a Star Wars AND Angry Birds fan this is actually a good game.

But yeah even with all that this should still be a $10 DL. (Though it probably wouldn't fit on the Wiiware block limit.)