E3 2013: Sony Sends a Message with Slick PlayStation Developer T-Shirts

No hurdles, just games

Sony’s really eager to establish the PlayStation brand as a developer-friendly environment. The company has spent the past year or so recruiting smaller studios to its platforms, and it’s made an even stronger push in that space over the past six months. In order to underline its close relationship with indie outfits, the company will be sporting these rather fetching t-shirts during E3.

The garments have been designed by resident industry branding maestro Cory Schmitz, who is perhaps best known for his work on Sound Shapes, but has also produced the logos for Polygon, Sucker Punch, and the PlayStation Blogcast. The black top boasts the slogan: “No hurdles, just games”. This is, of course, a reference to the simplification of Sony’s software approval process. It also includes a little 'PlayStation loves developers' symbol at the bottom.

Honestly, we’d wear the blue shirt. How about you? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via coryschmitz.com]

charlesnarles

charlesnarles said:

lol PS <3 Devs is golden. They need to sell those online or include them with the console or something. (Remember those silver Atari jackets? Me neither, but...)

BornOfEvil

BornOfEvil said:

I assume they'll be making these available for the general public. If not, then I'll just go curl up in my corner and cry.

I like the blue one, but I would like it even more if it were black.

Itachi

Itachi said:

I really like the atmosphere Sony is building with Playstation. Unlike Microsoft who's selling out to the cable industry and kissing publishers @sses, Sony is sticking with the gamers and trying to build better relationships with game developers. Those T shirts send a profound message and the fact that they'll be wearing them at E3 is just amazing.

Honestly if it wasn't for Sony I wouldn't be excited about E3 at all. Nintendo is in a state of emergency and Microsoft is single handily killing off their own fan base. However PS4 is like a breath of fresh air for gamers.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@ajay708 Let's wait and see what Sony do with pre-owned games before we say they're sticking with gamers. The third parties will want Sony to do what Microsoft have. If Sony tell them no then they'll be sticking with gamers but also getting a lot less games on their consoles and when it comes down to it Sony will want the money.

I want the blue shirt!

rjejr

rjejr said:

Sony sent me a black t-shirt a couple of years ago as part of that very short lived Rewards program. It's a short sleeve shirt w/ some funky japanese writing on the front which I'm guessing says Playstation and it has a white PS logo on the sleeve. Free is good and it even fits.

@artemisthemp Sony's still being a bit vague. My guess is that they'll leave it up to the publishers, and let them face the backlash. That's probably the best that we can hope for at this point.

rastamadeus

rastamadeus said:

@artemisthemp When? And to be honest it's not up to Sony. If the third parties want it Sony will do it. You think Sony will stick up for us and lose billions in money? Of course not.

jgrangervikings1

jgrangervikings1 said:

The "ps3 loves devs" seems a bit too overt and "in your face" about how they want to portray themselves to developers. They get the message across just as effectively without that line written on the shirt, and the message wouldn't come across as a blatant marketing tactic. I really like the rest of the shirt design, and the other shirt is fantastic as it is.