Media Molecule Unfolds Vita Exclusive Tearaway on 22nd October

Special message popped in the mail

You’ll be able to rip the cellophane off Media Molecule’s next title Tearaway on 22nd October in North America and 25th October in Europe, the Guildford-based studio has announced. The innovative PlayStation Vita platformer takes advantage of a slew of the handheld’s unique input interfaces in order to create a tactile world that’s, well, made of paper.

The title will allow you to take control of either Iota or his plucky pal Atoi – both of which will be featured on the pack shot. Brilliantly, the developer’s confirmed that the cover will be totally reversible, allowing you to share your protagonist preferences with your friends and family.

We’ve included a video with lead designer Rex Crowle below, in which he discusses some of the inspirations behind the game. Sadly, you’ll have a hard time focusing on what he’s got to say – that colourful hoodie’s both daringly stylish and dreadfully distracting at the same time. Still, the game looks stunning, doesn't it?

[via blog.eu.playstation.com, blog.us.playstation.com]

Sanquine

Sanquine said:

I am really excited:D Where are other people who are exicited? ??? Maybe people just hate vita...

KALofKRYPTON

KALofKRYPTON said:

Can't say it's a game that has me excited, but it certainly seems like Sony are stoking Vita's fire for PS4 release.

Media Molecule will pretty much always have my money. I must admit, though, while I'm excited for this, I'm ever more eager to see what the studio's working on for PS4. That sculpting demo at the PlayStation Meeting seemed interesting, but it didn't seem like something a full team would be working on.

zipmonStaff

zipmon said:

This gets better every time I see it - looks brilliant! Also, I love the reversible cover idea!

Cirno

Cirno said:

Oh crap, an actual good Vita game coming out. I gotta say that it looks very nice.

divinelite

divinelite said:

Hope to see if this would be in desember discount like last little big planet. I'll buy that then

brendon987

brendon987 said:

It seems that this is one off the few games expressly design for the Vita, and for that they will get my support. I am exited for this game.

pikku

pikku said:

I just don't get the attraction to this game honestly... maybe it's just one that I have to play to actually be interested it, lol.