Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Will Cuddle PS3 This Year

It's a kind of magic

Square Enix will conjure Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX onto Western store shelves later this year, the publisher has revealed. The hotly anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusive will collate upgraded versions of the PlayStation 2 favourites Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories onto a single Blu-ray disc. The former never launched outside of Japan, while the latter skipped on a European release.

The package also includes high-definition cut-scenes from Nintendo DS title Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. If you’ve already played through all of the titles, there’ll be a brand new roster of Trophies to recapture your interest. The re-mastered compilation’s due out on 14th March in Japan, and later this year in Europe and North America. Feel free to flip out like Donald Duck in the comments section below.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com, blog.us.playstation.com]

rjejr

rjejr said:

So this is a compilation of 2 games - the Japanese version of the US original game Kingdom Hearts and the Gameboy game remade as a PS2 game Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories? Or is the DS game a 3rd?

The first KH game was great. I never thought it got the credit it deserved for battle party members you partly controlled which became the basis for seemingly every FF game and other JRPGs that followed. I didn't like the 2nd, which I partly contributed to not having played the GB game which seemed to bridge the 2, and also it just wasn't that good. Kill 1,000 enemies. Really?

I won't play this again but I'll get the compilation for my kids instead of Disney Infinity. This game actually had Disney characters in it.

Alpha

Alpha said:

"If you’ve already played through all of the titles, there’ll be a brand new roster of Trophies to recapture your interest."
im sure if its the Final Mix version im going to get it to play it, since the version i played was all in japanese and there is no english patch, KH2FM+ i have played in english, its good. cant wait for that to be released on the PS3 as well.

Alpha

Alpha said:

Wait.. what about KH3? its just gonna skip the PS3, aint it? great i may have to buy a PS4 if its announced. cuz i really want to get KH3 whenever it is announced of course. i do want a PS4 tho anyway.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

great i really wanted to play RE-Chain of Memories but it was never released in the UK plus the first Kingdom Hearts is a classic (by the way i do have Chain of Memories on the GBA)

hamispink

hamispink said:

Cool, I've been looking forward to playing through these again, as well as trying Chains of Memories and Birth by sleep (when the inevitable 2.5 releases). Now the only trouble is that on this timeline, 2.5 will release after the PS4, so I'll definitely have to keep my PS3 hooked up.

Knux

Knux said:

I finally get to play Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix! Take my money again, Square Enix! :O

rjejr

rjejr said:

@get2sammyb - OK, you get 2 games plus the cut scenes from a 3rd so it's like 2 1/4? Why add cut scenes? I think I need to spend more time on the KH wiki.

irken004

irken004 said:

Yeah I'll grab this if it's no more than $30, I have KH 1,2, Re Com, and 358/2 Days already :O

Cirno

Cirno said:

I have not actually played a Kingdom Hearts game.

But I see this being a good opportunity to try it out, nevertheless

Alpha

Alpha said:

@Magolor its a great game series, and kingdom hearts 3 is being released for PS4 so yea we cannot wait now!!!