BioShock 2 Plunders the Depths of January's EU PS Plus Update

Plenty more to look forward to

Sony’s not even finished furnishing our hard drives with this month's European PlayStation Plus goodies – but it’s already turning its attention to 2013. Starting from 2nd January, you’ll be invited on an all expenses paid trip to Rapture, when BioShock 2 joins the Instant Game Collection. That should give you plenty of time to get your feet wet before BioShock Infinite launches later in the year.

If the promise of an expedition beneath the ocean is not enough to get your toes tingling, then perhaps you'll be more excited by a free jaunt through the fires of Mount Doom in the recently released Guardians of Middle-Earth. Elsewhere, the home console release of Mortal Kombat will round out the drop of new PlayStation 3 content, though ratings restrictions mean that German and Australian gamers will have to make do with Gotham City Impostors instead.

Over on the PlayStation Vita, portable players will unlock complimentary copies of Jet Set Radio from 16th January, and The Pinball Arcade from 23rd January. And if all of that wasn’t enough, there’ll be the usual array of discounts and offers. Furthermore, Sony has dropped the price of the service's annual subscription to just £29.99/€37.49, meaning that there's never been a better time to add to your backlog.

[via blog.eu.playstation.com]

I'm surprised Guardians of Middle-Earth is going up so early. That only just came out! :O

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

More awesome games, and a new lower price. It's like SCEE is another company trying to embarrass and crush SCEA.

Dambuster

Dambuster said:

Been waiting for jet set radio, never played it when it first came out, and thought the demo was pretty good, looks fantastic on vita. Now do I buy strangers wrath or wait to see if we get it on plus ....

rjejr

rjejr said:

That 25% off a yearly subscription sounds good, wonder if we'll get it in the states? SCEA finally released some holiday sales so maybe. If not, well my subscription is up Jan 9.

belmont

belmont said:

Since the service came to Vita I wonder how Sony profits from Plus. However I like plus. I played some games on my Vita that would never buy (no time for PS3 these days).

hamispink

hamispink said:

you Europeans may get consoles late (and more expensive), but I'm getting really jealous of these PS plus updates. since the instant game collection, I've felt ps plus has actually fallen in the quality of new games, aside from the great vita starting lineup.

RawShark

RawShark said:

Shame MK isn't fully cross play, but at least I can practice combos on the move before getting home and putting them into practice online.