Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,988

Thrillho

I remember playing a demo of Bioshock early in the early PS3 days and didn't think it was anything special. Infinite was then a PS+ game in the latter PS3 days which I thought was superb.

So it was perfect for me when they released the remasters for this generation to go back and play them all. The control felt a little janky and dated but the writing is top notch, even knowing the famous WYK line from the first game. I just thought the boss fight at the end of the first game felt so out of touch with the rest of the game.

The Burial at Sea DLC was a perfect end to the series though.

Thrillho

Th3solution

This discussion makes me want to play the DLC for Bioshock Infinite. I loved the game but never played any of the DLC. Alas, I’m unlikely to fire up my PS3 and also probably not going to buy the PS4 collection and play the games again since I have many games I have never played that I would rather spend my time on. I suspect it’s not likely I could buy and play just the DLC for the game on PS4 without having the base game (a la how I was able to just purchase and buy TLoU’s Left Behind on PS4 and play it without having to also buy the whole game again)?

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Had some indeterminate time to kill earlier today, so fired up Sonic Unleashed on PS2 purely for nostalgic purposes. Spent a good half hour slamming the poor blue hedgehog into walls and throwing him into bottomless pits. Boy, are my skills rusty.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

crippyd

@KratosMD @Kidfried @Th3solution After all the Bioshock talk yesterday I decided to fire up the remaster and I spent a couple of hours wandering around Rapture in the first game.

crippyd

KALofKRYPTON

Attempting some contact lens conditioning for an hour or two after work, so going to play some Ace Combat. Going in on Distant Thunder (4) on PS2 - though I'll have to shift it about back to the main TV and the component cable... that said - I might just play Time Crisis...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

mookysam

Finally got round to starting Metal Gear Solid 2 yesterday and finished the Tanker prologue. Now playing as Raiden. It looks nice and clean and the cinematics are very stylish. Rose is a bit intense, eh. Best not leave any bunnies around her.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam Never played it before? You're in for a treat. MGS2 is a po-mo masterpiece.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

@Ralizah Indeed. The only game where an enemy soldier can unwittingly pee on your characters head..

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Clearly you've never played... no, wait... there's no PG-13 way to finish that joke.

@mookysam Yes, but DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT DAY TOMORROW IS?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@Thrillho oh yeah, I remember that. What's funny is that it doesn't stop until you leave the area, so he can urinate for an uncomfortably long amount of time if you're so inclined to satiate your curiosity.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

mookysam

@Ralizah Yeah first time playing myself although I'm familiar with bits of it.

@RogerRoger If I was Raiden it would most certainly be the day I get as far away from dear Rose as possible, never to return. Though I've a feeling she'd still track me down. Like Michael Myers.

Black Lives Matter

RogerRoger

@mookysam There's a great script in that idea, I'm sure.

Well, I say "great script"... probably more like mediocre fan fiction.

Well, I say "mediocre fan fiction"...

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger If 50 Shades can be a success I'm sure bad Metal Gear Solid Horror Rose fan-fiction could be too. Possibly.

Black Lives Matter

RogerRoger

@mookysam That's it, I'm getting my note pad.

Possibly.

Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@mookysam I'll remember Rose as one of the most annoying characters in gaming I've ever had to deal with. I sincerely hope she doesn't show up in any games post-MGS2, since that's as far as I've gotten as well so far.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

Played a bit of Ace Combat 4istant Thunder/Shattered Skies Friday.

It's been a while and though I always think of the series fondly - I forgot how much I enjoyed these games and totally forgot how cool the pressure sensitivity is in the controls.

Anyway, a few missions in and only a few pennies from buying an AC10

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

mookysam

In Metal Gear Solid 2, I got up to defeating Fatman. He was certainly an interesting character. I'm impressed that someone of his build could rollerskate so deftly while also holding a full cocktail glass.

I love the wacky characters - except Rose, poor dear - they are giving the game a unique feel. At the moment I think I'm finding Raiden's support team less interesting than Snake's was in the first game. I really liked Otacon and Naomi Hunter. I do like Raiden though. In terms of gameplay, going backwards and forwards defusing bombs pushed it just a little bit for my tastes, as I am never the keenest when it comes to backtracking. Little things like slipping on bird poo are quite amusing.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter

RogerRoger

@mookysam I'm just gonna make a mental note of your musings for when you've played more and inevitably come back here to write "Oooooh, I seeeeee!!"

As for me, my brief dabble with Sonic Unleashed on PS2 last week (and subsequent shocking realisation of how much my skills have deteriorated in over eight years) has caused me to start a new save file. Apologies to Shenmue; looks like this is me for the immediate future.

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Oh, I already know what happens regarding Rose and Campbell (it was being played on the living room television a while back), but I don't know most of the story or its intricacies. Anyway, looking forward to playing more.

Black Lives Matter

RogerRoger

@mookysam Still looking forward to your reaction all the same. There are, um... layers.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic