Forums

Topic: The Definitive Best Game of All Time Forum Megapoll!

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,645

PS_Nation

@themcnoisy I want to vote, but I'm too shy for that.

Edit:

Bayonetta - 1
Bioshock - 1
Bloodborne - 3
Chrono Trigger - 4
Demon's Souls - 3

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

Fight_Teza_Fight

This is going to be tough.

Assasin's Creed 2- 2 points
Bayonetta- 1 point
BioShock- 2 points
BioShock Infinite- 3 points
Bloodborne- 4 points

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

ApostateMage

I'm liking this format. Here we go..

Assassin's Creed 2 - 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 3
Bully - 2
Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King - 5

ApostateMage

Kidfried

These are really great. You can tell a lot about someone's taste in gaming from these points. Love reading 'em, so keep it up!

Kidfried

crippyd

Dark Souls 4
Batman Arkham Asylum 2
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite 2
COD:MW 1
Bayonetta 1

crippyd

Rudy_Manchego

Bioshock - 3
BioShock Infinite - 2
Bloodborne - 5
Command & Conquer Red Alert - 1
Dark Souls - 1

My maths sucks but I think this is correct.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

LieutenantFatman

Castlevania symphony of the night - 2
Command & Conquer Red Alert - 4
Bloodborne - 4
Dark Souls - 2

I would give Bloodborne 1 more point but it seems to be doing pretty well and is getting the love it deserves, amazing game.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

SKC_Diamond

Haven't played most of the games on the list thats why my list is looking alittle unoriginal haha
Crash Bandicoot -2
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 2
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - 4
Bloodborne - 2
Age of Empires 2 - 1
Call of Duty MW2 - 1

SKC_Diamond

PSN: SKC_Diamond | Twitter:

Nei

Wow, kind of difficult to do this.

Chrono Trigger - 4 points
Bayonetta - 5 points
Dragon Quest VIII - 2 points
Donkey Kong Country - 1 point

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Octane

@Feena It's only difficult if you're doing it wrong!

3.8/10

Try again next time

Octane

Ralizah

Bully - 1
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 1
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - 5
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 5

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Dichotomy

Bayonetta - 1
Bloodborne - 3
Castlevania symphony of the night - 1
Dark Souls - 5
Demon's Souls - 2

Looks like I have a bias towards Souls games

Dichotomy

RogerRoger

I feel like I should do a Bond villain accent, like this is the Eurovision Song Contest or something... anyway, my point allocation for this round is as follows.

5 points to Batman: Arkham Origins

4 points to Batman: Arkham Asylum
1 point to Crash Bandicoot
1 point to Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
1 point to Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

melaneil

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 4
Bloodborne - 1
Bully - 1
Burnout Paradise - 2
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - 2
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - 2

melaneil

Wesker

@RogerRoger Do many people consider Origins better than Asylum? If it's decent, I wish they'd included it with Asylum and City in the remaster set for PS4.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

RogerRoger

@Wesker Um... no, the popular opinion is that it's the worst of the series, because it wasn't developed by Rocksteady and didn't feature the regular writers, voice actors or composer. It's also buggy as heck on consoles, and was criticised for being something of a cash-grab by WB Interactive because there was a longer-than-expected delay between Arkham City and Arkham Knight.

Many fans do admit to liking it better as time goes by, but critics still blast it because of the memories from launch. It's in this contest because of me, and I fully admit that my opinion doesn't line up with the majority, but it's my favourite Arkham game, hands down.

It's just a far grander, more sweeping game than the others. The boss fights are tough, inventive and make over-the-top cinematic spectacle just as important as gameplay; likewise, it expands the map with some amazingly spectacular additions, including the Gotham Royale Hotel and GCPD Headquarters. The story is THE definitive exploration of the relationship between Batman and the Joker, moreso than any other game, film or comic, because you get to see it from both sides and be in control of large parts of it. I also think the Christmas atmosphere is beautiful; having the dark sequence of events unfold between large, colourful trees and set to echoes of carols and jingles over shop speakers was a chillingly magical masterstroke, in line with Batman Returns but driven home even moreso here. Christopher Drake's score for the game can only be described as "relentless" and is perhaps my favourite game score of all time (although I admit that it's a crowded field). And finally, for all the love and respect I have for the "classic" voice cast, Roger Craig Smith is the voice I hear in my head whenever I read Batman. He nails the younger, more volatile vigilante portrayed in the story. Troy Baker's Joker doesn't come close to Mark Hamill's version, but it's also a unique joy to hear.

And yes, I wish it'd get a remaster for PS4 to fix the bugs (the only problem I think it's got). Apparently, the same studio is working on another DC-related game and if it is something like Suicide Squad (heavily teased at the end of Arkham Origins and throughout its handheld sequel, Arkham Origins Blackgate) then there's the chance it might still get a re-release to bring people up-to-speed on the story. I live in hope.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@Wesker @RogerRoger Troy Baker does a really good Joker. It's one of the highlights of the game for me. Other highlights were the great twists at the start of the game and also some of the boos fights felt really good.

I'd rank it as my second favorite actually. I never liked City and Knight as much at all.

Kidfried

Wesker

@RogerRoger thanks for the reply. My PS3 is still hooked up. I’ll look to pick it up. I had noticed that despite a negative reception from critics, people on web forums seemed to be pleased with it.

Wesker

Wazeddie22

@Kidfried haha thanks mate,I'm having too much fun to stop now!
@themcnoisy It's all good,I was just kidding really..(kind of lol).I know how much work you are putting into this so it's easy to forget. Sucks for you to work Sundays though!
I hope you and your family are doing better now by the way.

Wazeddie22

PSN: Inherentdragon

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.