Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,585

themcnoisy

Chiki Chiki boys and Sonic 3

Just bought Sega mega collection for the x360 if that counts? Bought it for sor1,2 &3 and shining force.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Tasuki

Another retro haul for me tonight.

Untitled

Stopped in my local retro shop before heading out of town for the weekend. Stopped in mainly for a Dreamcast controller but also picked up a few games.

Twisted Metal Black (PS2) — A big fan of the series, I am ashamed to say I have never played this one. So when I saw it I figured it was time I changed that.

Fable The Lost Chapter (Xbox) — I have only played the third one so I figured might as well check the first one out.

Spyro the Dragon (PS) — My favorite collectathon mascot game and possibly my favorite PS game. I had this year's ago but somehow I don't have it anymore. I never sold it, never loaned it to anyone so I am not sure what happened to it. Well when I saw it at my local retro game shop I had to get it.

Worms Armageddon (PS) — Not big on these types of games but my son wanted it so I got it mainly for him.

Dreamcast controller — Now I can have 4 player Virtua Tennis matches

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

EyeDeeNO76

Twisted Metal Black is the best of the series. IMO
Not a big fan of the Dreamcast's controller layout and design inside or out. The trigger's each have a tiny magnet attached to the end of the trigger arm and sensors mounted on the controller's circuit board so through the process of induction the magnet creates resistance to the current passing through the sensor to calculate movement. For the thumb stick the sensors are arranged like a compass on the circuit board and a magnet in the base of the thumb stick moves closer to one or two of the sensors and farther from the others. The system monitors the changes in induction caused by the magnet's movement to calculate the position of the thumb stick. The Sega Saturn 3D Control Pad also works much the same way.

Edited on by EyeDeeNO76

It is not a X button... it's a cross button. Because they are symbols not letters.

PSN: Death_to_Xbox_

themcnoisy

Just bought Ghost in the Shell for £2...

£2 for one if the greatest manga films ever. Hahaha.

Also picked up donkey conga for the gc/wii just need a budget set of bongos - this is more a collection piece that I'm gonna store for a few years.

This isn't really the place for it but if anyone builds arcade cabinets, preferably stand up let me know. I want a 17inch 8 button set up with a trackball and start select buttons.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

NomNom

Star wars Battlefront 2 for my PS Vita....no regrets.

PSN: Ultranomnom

I'll take the Vita to the grave with me, even if Sony won't.

PSN: Ultranomnom

KidRyan

I might need to replace my PS3's Blu-Ray Disc Drive again for the second time soon, or worst case scenario buy another PS3.

Otherwise, I've lately been using my usual video game money for art commissions on deviantART instead.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Jaz007

I got the Devil May Cry HD collectoin. I played through the first one and it was awesome. I'm on the second one now and it seems like it's not as good (though some improvements are made), but it's still worth playing (I've just started it though). Playing the first one is enough for me to hope they make a proper DMC5 now. Not by Ninja Theory mind you.

Jaz007

Tasuki

Ok another retro goodie for me

Untitled

I finally picked up this on Genesis which makes me happy cause now I can play SF II without having to deal with shoulder buttons. I don't like having to use L and R or L2/R2 for attacks in fighting games and since most consoles have 4 face buttons it's hard for me to play SFII unless I want to spend 100 bucks on an arcade stick, which is why I love the Sega Genesis six button controller.

So now I have another copy of SFII to add to my collection as well.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Alright another Genesis Goody

Untitled

This game is more of a nostalgia purchase as this was the second Genesis game I ever owned. Back when I got my Genesis one Christmas morning my dad also got this game cause he was a boxing fan and a Street Fighter Clone. This game turned out to be real good. It had a career mode where you can create your own boxer which just amazed me at the time. It also played really well and the two player mode was alot of fun.

I been looking for this game for awhile but all I found were cart only copies online. Well today I found this C.I.B. copy at my local thrift store for pretty much what online places were charging for cart only. It even has the poster in there of upcoming Genesis games.

My Backlog

AkuAku

Alundra 2 for PS1, Ever Grace for PS2, and the great but pretty old Tai Fu: wrath of the tiger on PS1 too

AkuAku

Jaz007

@Tasuki: I'm curious, what does your entire original Xbox collection look like?

Jaz007

Tasuki

@Jaz007: It's pretty small right now since I only have had the system for a few months now. Also some third party games that I have on other systems like GTA: Vice City I won't get for obvious reasons so I am sticking too exclusives with the exception of Soul Caliber II unless I don't have the game on another system then I might get it. Anyway I have the following games

Star War Knights of the Old Republic
Jade Empire
Fable: The Lost Chapters
D&D Heroes
Soul Caliber II (got it mainly for Spawn)
Halo
Halo 2
Project Gotham Racing

All of those games were less then 20 bucks with the exception of Halo and Halo 2, a friend gave me those since he bought digital copies of them on his Xbox 360.

There are a few games I want to get still like KotOR 2 but right now I am saving for a trip to Portland Oregon in a few months.

My Backlog

RR529

Picked up Zone of the Enders HD Collection & Metal Gear Rising for my 360 at GameStop last Sunday.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SteveButler2210

@ToddlerNaruto: you've been had, that price is mental! In the UK you can get a preowned copy for £2.50 ($3.86)!!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

SteveButler2210

@ToddlerNaruto: to be honest I've never had any problems with preowned games, and normally there will be a guarantee still so you can return it it doesn't work.

I do see your point, but if you can save that much money on it I figure it's worth a shout, as nowadays they're pretty good at checking the condition of the game before they will sell it!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic