Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,585

RR529

Just purchased Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360) on Amazon. It should get here within the next couple weeks.

Too be honest this purchase is long overdue. I've wanted to play it for a very long time, but just never got around to it, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

themcnoisy

@SteveButler2210: I almost never buy pre owned games but am happy to by DVDs off ebay. I had a game on the 360 and the copy was scratched in particular area of the disc. Game played fine until a cut scene bam game crashed, disc made weird sounds disc read error. 30 hours in on Blue Dragon 🐲 took that back and another swapped for another game which never run at all.

I miss carts.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RR529

Purchased Battle Fantasia (360) on Amazon.

It looks like a decent little fighter, and a good way to kill some time if I only have a few minutes to spare.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: I bought that game a few months ago when it was on sale on XBL. It's actually a really fun fighting game and if you like anime I am sure you will enjoy it alot.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529: I bought that game a few months ago when it was on sale on XBL. It's actually a really fun fighting game and if you like anime I am sure you will enjoy it alot.

Yeah, I actually first heard about it when I saw you mention it on NL, and after looking up a couple of reviews, I decided I'd get it myself eventually.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: Yeah the only reason that I saw that caused it not to sell to well is that it came out around the same time as Street Fighter IV which, because of that caused it to go unoticed. Still it's a great game it's it's one that's easy to pick up and play. Some fighting elitists might not like it cause each character has a small list of moves but that's the charm with that and makes it nice for the casual fighting game player.

My Backlog

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

@RR529: Yeah the only reason that I saw that caused it not to sell to well is that it came out around the same time as Street Fighter IV which, because of that caused it to go unoticed. Still it's a great game it's it's one that's easy to pick up and play. Some fighting elitists might not like it cause each character has a small list of moves but that's the charm with that and makes it nice for the casual fighting game player.

Yeah, I've always liked fighting games, but it's simply not fun to lose against the final boss 10-20 times before you beat it (each darned time), or get kicked out of an online lobby "for not playing it right", so I think I'm going to enjoy my time with it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529: Yeah I know what you mean. Back when I was younger I use to be really good at fighting game particularly Mortal Kombat 3, and Super Street Fighter II both on the SNES and Tekken 3 later on on the PS but that was when I had time to dedicate to learn all the moves and each persons strengths and weaknesses. Now I with a son and a job I don't especially when these fighting games have 20 + fighters in them each with a move set as long as the nile.

That's where I like Battle Fantasia it has a small amount of fighters with a small move set which is perfect for a causal fighting game player such as myself.

My Backlog

SteveButler2210

@Tasuki: @RR529: Not a game, but still a game-related purchase, and kind of relevant seeing as you guys have been discussing SF - this t-shirt just arrived yesterday, and I love it!

http://www.numskull.co.uk/products/street-fighter-ryu-of-hear...

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

Tasuki

@SteveButler2210: Nice shirt there. Kinda jelly since Ryu is my favorite SF character.

My latest purchase would be a Sega Genesis lot I won on an Internet auction. World of Illusion, Sonic, Sonic 2 and Decap Attack all CIB with manuals they whole lot for 15 dollars.

My Backlog

KidRyan

I recently ordered NIER (PS3) for $39.99 New from Amazon, hopefully it's worth the extra money I spent.

Especially since I've never played any of the Drakengard games before.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

SteveButler2210

@ToddlerNaruto: NIER wasn't anything to do with Drakengard was it? At least, it wasn't as far as I could tell! It was an alright game though, but I definitely wouldn't have paid more than a fiver for it nowadays. There was a lot about it that was rough around the edges, and the story could have been done a bit better. You need to replay the second half multiple times to get all the story, but it didn't do enough to make me want to bother.

All the same, once you get the hang of it the combat was alright, and I really liked the soundtrack definitely not the best game in the world, but it is something a little different, which is never a bad thing! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it when you're done, as I know very few other people that have played it!

EDIT: hush my gums, looks like it was related after all - I had no idea it was tied to the first Drakengard game!

Edited on by SteveButler2210

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

KidRyan

SteveButler2210 wrote:

@ToddlerNaruto: NIER wasn't anything to do with Drakengard was it? At least, it wasn't as far as I could tell! It was an alright game though, but I definitely wouldn't have paid more than a fiver for it nowadays. There was a lot about it that was rough around the edges, and the story could have been done a bit better. You need to replay the second half multiple times to get all the story, but it didn't do enough to make me want to bother.

All the same, once you get the hang of it the combat was alright, and I really liked the soundtrack definitely not the best game in the world, but it is something a little different, which is never a bad thing! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it when you're done, as I know very few other people that have played it!

EDIT: hush my gums, looks like it was related after all - I had no idea it was tied to the first Drakengard game!

@SteveButler2210 I know I could have bought NIER used for alot cheaper, but same reason why I bought Heavenly Sword for $24 New...

Anyway, I won't be playing NIER for a long awhile, I've got other games in my backlog that have higher priority.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

JaxonH

Well, just in the past month I've got Super Mario Maker (Wii U), God of War 3 Remastered (PS4), Gears Ultimate (X1), Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita), Dishonored 2 (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V (PS4), Mario Tennis Open (3DS), Little Battlers eXperience (3DS), Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (3DS), Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS), Code of Princess (3DS), Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 Fafnir Knight (3DS), and the hot release New 3DS (normal sized).

I won't even get into digital lol

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PSN: jaxonholden

SteveButler2210

@iDangerMouse_: yeah the soundtrack was typically brilliant SE stuff! I've got a SE song book with loads of piano sheet music from various games, and it has a few pieces from this in - they're really fun to play!

Wish me luck!

LieutenantFatman

@kyleforrester87: I'd argue it's the Vita's best game, brilliant characters with a great story, but it's a little slow to start so you'll next to give it a chance to warm up.

LieutenantFatman

Ash_uk1

the evil within. got it for £10 off a mate. been wanting to play it for ages

Edited on by Ash_uk1

Ash_uk1

PSN: Ash_uk1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic