Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon
Link's Awakening
Dragon Quest XI S
Super Mario Maker 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Yoshi's Crafted World
(maybe) Daemon x Machina

2019 on Switch already looks like one of the best years I've ever seen for any console when it comes to big exclusives, personally. Especially when you consider that there are ALWAYS a number of huge surprises revealed by Nintendo throughout the year (for example, by this time last year, we didn't even know about Smash Ultimate or Pokemon Let's Go!).

Granted, it's always going to come down to the execution, but Nintendo is positioned to have an absolutely amazing year.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

I prefer this year's line-up over last year's TBH. I'm definitely getting Link's Awakening; and I've pre-ordered Yoshi, so I guess I'm getting that one as well. I'm fairly certain I'll get Luigi's Mansion, but that's based on what I presume the game will be, I don't think we've seen any real footage yet. And I hope Pokemon is good, but if it's like the Let's Go games, I think I'll pass.

Octane

BranJ0

I think this year is unquestionably better than 2018, and if all the games scheduled for 2019 actually release then and are of good quality, then it might even beat out 2017 for me. I don't understand people saying that Nintendo are slumping again in 2019, this year looks absolutely incredible!

BranJ0

RR529

Ralizah wrote:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Astral Chain
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon
Link's Awakening
Dragon Quest XI S
Super Mario Maker 2
New Super Mario Bros. U
Yoshi's Crafted World
(maybe) Daemon x Machina

2019 on Switch already looks like one of the best years I've ever seen for any console when it comes to big exclusives, personally. Especially when you consider that there are ALWAYS a number of huge surprises revealed by Nintendo throughout the year (for example, by this time last year, we didn't even know about Smash Ultimate or Pokemon Let's Go!).

Granted, it's always going to come down to the execution, but Nintendo is positioned to have an absolutely amazing year.

Don't forget about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Anyhow, has anyone tried the demos that dropped during the Direct?

Daemon X Machina - I know it's had a pretty negative reception over on NL, but I actually love this. Sure, performance can be a bit stuttery at times, but I'm fairly sure this is based on an older build of the game (it's quite possibly the last E3 demo from what I understand) so I'm sure things will be ironed out by release. The other big issue people ted to have is that it's not exactly intuitive to pick up and play... which tends to be an issue with these kinds of games in general. It's not something that bothers me much as someone who has played a mech game or two, but I can understand why it's not winning over a broader group of people (that said, the devs have said they want the game to be more approachable, so hopefully they can make it more pick up & play by release, which certainly isn't something I'd complain about). Anyhow, I've really enjoyed the demo and have been playing the missions over & over again nabbing better gear.

Yoshi's Crafted World - Much more excited for the game after playing the demo. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and while many seem to be saying it's too easy, I actually quite enjoy the slower, more exploration heavy focus (I have DKCTF & the Luigi U content in NSMBU Deluxe if I want a harder platforming experience), and hey, the demo consists of the first level, of course it's going to be easy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Rudy_Manchego

As I am feeling poorly, I impulse bought the physical edition of Bayonetta 2 (with Bayonetta digital included). I was actually finding it hard to find it physical and managed to get it from Amazon Now cheaper than actual Amazon.

Anyway, I had played some of Bayonetta 1 on the 360 and really fancied playing it again. Only played an hour or so but struggled with it on handheld mode, too much on screen. Though I have a bad cold and may be slightly delirious...

Also, played the Yoshi's Crafted World and I may well pick that up as well when it gets released. Again, could be because I wanted something relaxing but I really enjoyed the demo.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego i have the collection on the Wii U so that's enough for me and strangely THAT can still be played in handheld mode too

it's like people forgot that the Wii U does a lot of the stuff the Switch does too (yeah i know the Switch does it a hell of a lot better though)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Rudy_Manchego

@FullbringIchigo I’m one of those Nintendo fair weather friends who never had a Wii U. I am thinking about getting one but more from a collectors perspective because most games have been ported. I have a feeling the price will go up soon. I imagine the YouTube videos of why the Wii U is the best console ever will start circulating soon!

Oh and adios Reggie!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RR529

Started up a couple things tonight.

NSMBU Deluxe - Definitely doesn't have the heart (for a lack of a better word) behind it that DKCTF, Yoshi's Crafted World (based on the demo) or maybe even Kirby Star Allies has, but it looks like it's going to be a fun enough time to tide me over. I've somehow managed to get myself killed on the first level though, lol. Just finished up for the night before the first main castle.

Tokyo School Life - A budget romance visual novel. My first foray into the genre, it looks like it may be a pleasant time, and the characters actually have some animation to them which is nice. "Played" through the prologue where you meet the individual members of the main cast then did a quick save, only to later learn that quick saving is turned off by default (why would this be a thing?), so I'll have to go through that first bit again next time (though I may be able to skip over it since I know what happens).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

Sat down today and played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a few hours with my son. I played alot of MK8 on the Wii U and despite that with the updates they added it feels freash and new, I especially like being able to hold two items.

The imporved details to the graphics make the tracks look really good as well and the improved music is a nice touch too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego The prices have already shot up.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

Pokemon Sword and Shield. Region looks UK-inspired. Random battles are back.

They definitely weren't lying: this is a huge visual upgrade over LGPE. A proper next-gen evolution of S/M's look. The environments are gorgeous.

I'll be maining Scorbunny, of course.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Ralizah Looks great. I like the design of the map.

Scorbunny for the win.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Kidfried

@Ralizah For me this game doesn't do anything (yet). To me it still isn't the big upgrade this franchise needs, but rather a safe one.

Won't comment until we know more, though, they might have shuffled things up a little.

It doesn't convince me as a lapsed fan (which is what I was hoping for), but I can imagine current fans of the series will be delighted!

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried It was always going to be safe after the big changes made in LGPE. They don't want to alienate their existing hardcore fanbase.

Kidfried

@Ralizah It's why I wasn't too happy about that game either I suppose. What I really wanted is Pokemon "Breath of the Wild". Not Pokemon Casual and Pokemon Safe.

I wasn't wild about Breath of the Wild, but I applaud and support Nintendo for doing new things. I hoped it was the prelude for a more innovative Nintendo.

Anyway, I know most Pokemon fans will probably disagree with me there. I don't want to be too sour over what to most was probably a spectacular reveal!

Kidfried

Haruki_NLI

Breath of the Wild was a prelude for a more innovative Nintendo.

But TPCi and GameFreak ultimately determine what happens with Pokemon. Nintendo just publishes and assists with online. What Nintendo does is not what Pokemon does.

To give you an idea of the disconnect, the head of TPCi told Nintendo the Switch would fail.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic