Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 7,480

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Mario Maker 2, Astral Chains, Links Awakening and Deltarune! I am not as big into RPG’s so Fire Emblem and other titles didn’t do much for me.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Mario Maker 2 looks definitely more complete than the Wii U game. I may give it a shot.

Astral Chains looks good too; I'm just not sure how much anime nonsense they're going to shoehorn into the game, which will make it or break it for me

Octane

redd214

Thought the direct was absolutely stellar. Zelda, Mario Maker 2, MUA3, Dragon quest builders 2, D x M are all definite purchases. Already addicted to Tetris 99 and the Yoshi demo is great fun too. Add in the dlc for Captain Toad and Starlink. They definitely lost me for a good 10 minutes with all the fire emblem/jrpg stuff but outside of that couldn't have hoped for and more.

redd214

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane I'm still planning on playing through Bayonetta 1 and 2 at some point so that might affect my opinion on Astral Chain. It was certainly very anime-esque.

Mario Maker was one of the games that made me want a Wii U, not so much because I am a massive platformer fan but I love the ability to have all the different Mario generations at your finger tips, bearing in mind all the hours i spent on Super Mario Bros on the NES. In fact, it is probably the sound effects that sold me most!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Shellcore

I am certainly excited to learn more..as prompted several times throughout to be so.

Being honest, nothing really excited me with my heart of stone. Mario Maker 2 could have been a deluxe version, Link's Awakening remake's artstyle didn't resonate with me and seems a little lazy to be honest. The rest were things I can experience in better quality on PS4 as not a portable gamer (minus the obvious). Hate to be a negative nancy, but was hoping for more. Even the rumoured Starfox racer turned out to be Starlink DLC. I think I would have been more accepting if these Directs weren't so hyped all the time. Can't move for "Direct Predictions" over at NL. Usual disclaimer that I'm happy for those who did enjoy what was shown.

Edit: Fire Emblem was my highlight. Can't wait to see more of this and liked the story concept and its approach to training/levelling units (students?).

Edited on by Shellcore

PSN: Aleks-UK

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego I still have to give Bayo 2 a fair shot as well. Wasn't overly impressed with Bayo 1. It's good, but not really my type of game.

Shellcore wrote:

Even the rumoured Starfox racer turned out to be Starlink DLC.

I don't think the rumour referred to the Starlink DLC. It specifically stated that Retro Studios was working on a Star Fox racing game. That rumour could be true, or complete BS, and I'm leaning towards the latter to be honest.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just caught up with the direct.
That whole direct was a bit too much anime/Japanese for my liking.

Super Mario Maker 2 & FE: Three Houses are definite buys for me.
EDIT: How could I forget about Link’s Awakening Remake. That’s top of the list!

Oninaki & Astral Chain are ones to watch.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@Fight_Sora_Fight You have a Kingdom Hearts avatar, you have no right to complain about too much anime

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Octane Haha I guess I can’t.
To be fair I watched the direct at 2x playback speed, so those games all started blending in together 😂.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Ralizah

The laser focus on Japanese games is why Nintendo is still tops for me. I'm not really a fan of the Western AAA scene (although there are always exceptions: DOOM 2016 is one of the best games ever made, for example).

On-topic: ...I wanted to like it, and there are aspects that I'm really digging, but Daemon ex Machina's demo has convinced me not to buy the game at this time. It has some major, major issues that keep it from being as good as it can be. Granted, I think the core game is OK, but they really need to balance the ammo drops, because running out of ammo in the middle of a boss fight and flying around trying to swat down smaller robots for small ammo drops (that you don't even get half of the time) just sucks. And, boy, the framerate crashed and burned in that last boss fight. This sort of game really needs to stay smooth to be fully enjoyable, but it was getting quite chunky.

I hope I'm one of the people who gets a survey email. I have things to say.

Same with Yoshi's Crafted World, too. There's so much focus on foreground/background elements that it feels less like a platformer and more like some cutesy scavenger hunt now. It's definitely not bad, by any stretch of the imagination, and it looks GREAT in docked mode, but it's a huge let down after the stellar Yoshi's Wooly World.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

Didn’t watch all of it last night but had another look today and Astral Chain looks absolutely dope.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Oh yes. I'm very excited. While I've yet to see any evidence of it being an RPG in any way like NieR: Automata was, it looks like it has a fascinating cyberpunk setting and a neat looking city to explore. This in addition to the early 90's anime OAV aesthetic and the smooth PlatinumGames combat.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

Wasn't fussed on Link's Awakening either. Too cutesy for me. I am very fussy when it comes to that though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@johncalmc It is a Push Square community policy rule that when using the word whack, you must add dawg or yo to the end of it.

johncalmc

@Rudy_Manchego I know I come across as a pretty "hip" and "with it" dude, but honestly man, I was just winging it there and I don't know what any of these words mean.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@johncalmc You was just 'frontin'? That shizzle is whack dawg.

I also have no idea what these words mean but I need to remain current. Oh and by current I mean language from the early to mid noughties.

Rudy_Manchego

@johncalmc I think it does, except for when it means something is good. LIke that shizzle is legit WHACK man. Translated, gosh that particular item/situation is suprisingly and provably good. Which is different to me saying that I know someone who heard someone who said YOU were whack. Which is bad.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic