Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 10,092

Th3solution

@Kidfried I agree the speed skating and short track are fun to watch. I like some of the downhill slalom stuff too, they get going so fast. And that crazy arial ski jumping is impressive as well. I’m just impressed with what people can make their bodies do. Some of those things are just out of this world.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution Slalom is lovely indeed!

It's good you're talking about it here, my excitement has already increased.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried I do like the Summer game much more, there’s a lot more variety of events, but the Winter games can still be fun. I’m not sure how the TV coverage is in other countries like Netherlands or UK, but in the US it dominates the prime time TV slots for 2 weeks. They tend to not show the events that the US is not competitive in. But they do show little vignettes about the athletes and it becomes interesting and you really start to root for (or against) certain ones.
It’s like one huge reality TV show.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tasuki

@Th3solution I tend to watch alot of the other events that the don't show on TV on my phone via the NBC app. I honest am not that big on figure skating and thats what they seem to show alot during prime time. I was like that with the last Summer games. Alot of the events I liked they didn't televise so I just watched it on my phone.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

@Tasuki That’s true, you can find other events on the app and online. Like the poor sport of Curling and Cross Country Skiing.
And they used to not show Ice dancing until that American couple starting dominating, then all of a sudden it was in prime time the last Olympics when they were the darlings of the games.

get2sammyb

I wonder what the time zone difference is going to be like. I loved the Rio Olympics because all the good stuff happened in the evening UK time, but I'm not sure what Korea's like.

Let's have a look...

It's not going to be great for the UK I don't think, everything will be happening either in the middle of the night or early morning.

Urgh, I suspect Tokyo 2020 will be like this too.

Tasuki

@Th3solution Right the same with Bobsledding. They didn't show it a whole lot till the Vancouver games when the US got a bronze in it I think it was. After that they showed it alot in Sochi. Not sure about this year though.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@get2sammyb Pretty sure. Not sure in the UK but here in the US if you have a subscription a cable or satellite service you can for free. PS Vue will work as well. During the Rio Olympics I did the lowest tier for PS VUE and then I was able to access the apps to watch the Olympics on my phone.

My Backlog

Quintumply

@Kyroki Sorry, only just noticed this! Thank you for your kind words Not sure about Mayor of Guernsey, though. I think the island would sink into the Channel.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Simon_Fitzgerald

@Kyroki @Quintumply I'm not sure Phteven would like the honour of sitting next to you at dinner considering last year, where you went very pale and had to run off to the bathroom. It's a very dangerous place to sit.

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

Cheski

@Th3solution I'm a big hockey fan, so I am definitely interested in the Olympics for that aspect. It will be interesting for sure since NHL players will not be participating. It should give some other players a chance to stand out.

Cheski

Fight_Teza_Fight

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

Nightmare start to the year.
Was out all day yesterday, whilst we had visitors at home.
They tried (unsuccessfully) to get the VR set up and in the process somehow 'broke' the PS4.

Woke up this morning to find the PS4 in safe mode, wanting to download the latest update from playstation.com for re-installation...

Update:
PS4 is back to normal!
Download list was 59 items long at one point, so that took just over 3 weeks to finish downloading.
I've lost my capture gallery so I'm gutted about that. I'm particularly devastated about losing my gameplay footage of the Roxas fight in The World That Never Was on Critical in Kingdom Hearts 2 .
Probably was the greatest bit of gameplay I'll ever produce (beat him in ~1 min).

Definitely never letting anyone use the PSVR when I'm not around.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

FullbringIchigo

@Fight_Teza_Fight that fight would have been awesome to watch, shame you didn't uploaded it to youtube because at least then you would have a copy

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Fight_Teza_Fight

@FullbringIchigo Yeah it was near perfect. Really wish I had saved it somewhere. I'm sure I'll replay KH2 again one day, so I'll try and get some good footage then. Don't know if it'll be as good, as I already feel my reaction times slowing down!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki Apparently they tried to set up the PSVR when the PS4 stopped outputting on the TV (maybe an HDMI issue?), which led them to start messing around with the wires. They couldn't get it to come back on so my brother manually shut down the PS4.
i wake up in the morning to find the PS4 in safe mode, asking for re-installation via USB and a corrupted external hard drive (which I was able to repair).

Really grateful for cloud storage. You never know when you need it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic