Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 10,083

FullbringIchigo

@Quintumply well i hope he has, it can be really disheartening when someone else breaks something of your beyond repair

@Fight_Teza_Fight IF you can't repair it you should make the people who broke it buy you a new one, that's what i did when my sister broke my PSP, i literally marched her into the local ARGOS and made her buy one

on a side note she NEVER touched anything of mine again without asking first

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Fight_Teza_Fight

@FullbringIchigo @Th3solution @Quintumply Thanks for your concern guys. It's been stressful, but my PS4 is back up, although my download list is currently sitting at a whopping 57 items... .
It'll take a month to download everything back onto my PS4 & it seems like I've lost my capture gallery, but at least I've been able to upload my save data from the cloud.

I've been playing SkyrimVR so I'm glad I haven't lost that progress. I've stop-started that game 3 times before.

The visitors we had over, were my brothers friends. He did ask me for permission before he used it. I just don't understand, how a bunch of 20 year olds were able to brick the system to the point were I had to reinstall the system software using a USB stick and repair my external hard drive.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

FullbringIchigo

@Fight_Teza_Fight were they drunk because i have seen people do a lot of stupid things when drunk (i used to work in a bar)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Fight_Teza_Fight

@FullbringIchigo We had lunch together, before I left to do the New Year's rounds. Only one of them drank and in general they are a fairly civil bunch.

Definitely the last time I'm letting anyone use the PSVR when I'm not present.

It's really strange. I don't think I could break the PS4 the way they did if I tried, without resorting to physical damage.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

FullbringIchigo

@Fight_Teza_Fight if anything it sounds like they somehow corrupted the data on the HDD, the only way i can think of that happening is if they tried to install something on it they wasn't meant to

either that or somehow the system software had become corrupted but i don't see how connecting the VR headset would do that

Fight_Teza_Fight

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I don't get it either. I've quizzed my brother about it, but he doesn't know what happened.
He came clean earlier and said the PS4 stopped working and he couldn't get it to restart.
I'm just glad I've still got my save data.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

FullbringIchigo

@Fight_Teza_Fight that could have been it, if it crashed and he didn't power it down properly it could have corrupted the system software or the HDD

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight Yes, the cloud is a lifesaver for game saves.
When my first PS3 died I didn’t have the save data backed up and I went through all kinds of crazy things to revive it long enough to download the data to a USB drive before it died again.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Quintumply

@Fight_Teza_Fight I’m glad you’ve been able to restore it! A weird scenario but at least your saves weren’t lost. Annoying having to re-download all your games, though - some of them are ridiculously large these days.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Th3solution

Anyone excited about the Winter Olympics coming up in a couple weeks? I have some mild interest. I actually find the personal stories of the individual athletes journey to the Olympics to be the most interesting. People devote years of their life to make it to this one event, all culminating in like 2 minutes of fame (or shame) at their event.

I’m curious especially of those of you from outside the U.S. since I know it is a fairly big deal here with all the hoopla. (Although it seems to be losing popularity lately, especially the Winter version). I wonder if the Olympics affects games sales at all. 🤔 Anyway, I’ll probably watch some of the events, between catching up on my backlog and playing Shadow of the Collosus.
....come to thing of it, nah, I actually may not have time for the Olympics.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

I love watching ice skating (especially the longer distances), so I'll surely watch those games. The 1vs1 and shorttrack races both have these great dynamics. I never find those boring, really.

I'm less hyped about the other sports at the moment, but I tend to start getting really addicted as soon as the Olympics start. So, we'll see.

You have a favourite discipline @Th3solution?

Kidfried

Tasuki

I love watching the Olympics sadly though I just don't get enough time to because of my work schedule. When I was younger I would watch them as much as I could even staying up a few days with just taking naps here and there. I definitely will watch the opening and closing ceremonies and hopefully some of the events like bobsled, curling, and of course hockey.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic