Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,074

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 nope it's currently on 7 out of 11

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

moniker

God I have a growling list and yet my internet is still bad. I'm currently still trying to watch Doreiku and Backstreer Girls. They were manga I already read but I still wanna see them in anime form despite lazy animation. The voice acting matters to me more and see whats their take on the characters.

I'm watching Doreiku in both dub and sub because I wanna see how voice actors comapre to each other. For BackStreet Girls, they have Japanese type of humor so ofc they wont be as enjoyable in dub.

I'm picky as hell with my taste but my god my list is years worth of unwatched/on hold list. I hope my country get more faster net speed for rural areas

Edited on by Tasuki

moniker

PSN: monixchi | Twitter:

Tasuki

@moniker As per community rules

Do not use profanity; Use of unsavoury language including profanity and swearing is not acceptable, please remember that this website has users of all ages.

So please watch the language.

Thank you for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

moniker

@Tasuki Oh I apologize, I forgot where I was. Thanks for the heads up, running to edit them now

moniker

PSN: monixchi | Twitter:

Jaz007

I just finished watcing Black Butler: Book of Circus. It was excellent. A great show for sure, but dang though That may have just been the darkest thing I've ever seen with the end. Every character the season introduced died. Every original member of the circus, dead. They honestly had a good backstory, and you felt for them, but they all died, even doll. The one you thought might get exempted. The children's bones got used, one's head got bitten off by a tiger, then the house just got burned down by Ciel with all of them in it. And then the work house was in ruins, and they were all most likely just used as materials. It didn't hold back a single thing. I mean heck, Beast had a reasonable reaction to being seduced and tricked by Sebastion, and just felt guilty ashamed until she died. Whew. Everyone's just a bad person at the end of the day. Everyone. It was not good vs. evil by the end. Not even close. I appreciate that though. Few shows have the guts to do what happened at the end here. Most back off a little or make it a little happier, or have the protagonist be a little more redeemable and things less nihilistic. Instead you can feel the weight of what you just witnessed. Bravo, bravo.Now I just have to figure out how to watch the other Black Butler series(moives?) dubbed. Shame funimation lost some of the streaming rights. Hopefully they'll get the full series back soon. I could do with watching the first season again and examine how dark it was, see if it's darker than I remember.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 Black Butler was always a dark series, good but dark

funimation lost the rights to the original series but as they produced the dub for Aniplex then in america it's likely they will re-release them at some point like they did with Fullmetal Alchemist

as for Book of Murder and Book of the Atlantic they have been released in America and Australia but no where else as of yet, perhaps Sony might release them for us outside the U.S at some point now they own funimation are starting to release their shows (such as Season 2 of My Hero Academia)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo Did Funimation do the dub for Book of Murder and the Atlantic? And yeah, Black Butler was always dark, but never this dark. I’m not complaining one bit though.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 yes they did, just remember funimation was hired by Aniplex to do the dub for them and as they are now both owned by Sony it should actually make it easier for them to dub future shows too

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo So wait, Sony owns both, but Funimation doesn't have the rights anymore? Only season 3 on Funimation's site/app due to the rights expiring for the other seasons. Does that mean they're gonna get the rights back or? I'm now confused as how they don't have the rights if Sony owns them both.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 Sony are the parent company but both funimation and Aniplex are still separate companies, you know like how Disney owns Marvel and Lucasfilm but they are both still separate from each other

they are what's know as "sister" companies

and besides the rights went back to Aniplex before Sony brought funimation

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo Sony owns both but they don’t have to play nice? I’d think they’d be required to work with each other. I get they’re separate companies, but I’d think having Sony owning both would help the situation.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 it should in the future it's just like i said when the license ran out funi wasn't owned by Sony

Jaz007

Anyone have any recommendations for villain protagonist animes? Some examples being Death Note and Black Butler (or for the very subtle, I'd put The Devil is a Part-Timer here too). I've always been fascinated by the concept and love it when it'd done well. I'm also not looking "turns into a hero and stays that way" either. Becoming good is not the character progression I'm looking for.

Jaz007

WanderingBullet

@Jaz007 I can think of a few but not sure if it's what you're looking for :

• Hellsing (Quite like the main character but animation quality isn't very good, imo.)
  • Terror in Resonance (Great animation quality but the ending's a bit disappointing.)
  • Code Geass (Only watched a few episodes, not a huge fan of the art style but it's rated very highly.)

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 @WanderingBullet i would say Hellsing Ultimate would be a better choice than Hellsing plus it has better animation too

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet it's the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood of the Hellsing franchise, it's much closer to the original manga than the original series was but at it's core it's the same story and it looks gorgeous

Untitled

Untitled

Jaz007

@WanderingBullet I'll have to look into Hellsing and Code Geass. I've seen Terror in Resonance and the first two episdoes were really good, then it just fell apart more and more. I woudn't call them villain protagonists since they wouldn't kill anyone and risked their lives to stop some of the bombs because of the other kid from the orphanage. They started with the potential, then quickly lost it. Also the problem, it didn't need an eccentric villain at all. It wanted to be Death Note too much, just too ambitious of a story even though the ambition had nothing to make it better.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

Toei Animation are showing select DBZ films in the cinemas in the U.S in the build up to Dragon Ball Super Broly but here in the UK we aint so lucky

so i decided to hook up my projector, grab my DBZ movie blu-rays, stick on my surround sound headphones and have my own private cinema experience

it's awesome

but is anyone else watching the old movies in preparation, the ones they are showing are Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan, Bardock the Father of Goku and Fusion Reborn (this is why people are thinking Gogeta will be in the new film)

and before anyone goes on about retcons remember NONE of those were ever "canon" in the first place

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic