Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,074

Jaz007

I watched the first two seasons of Toyko Ghoul. It's pretty good. Not as good as everyone made it out to be, but quite good. I started the third season though, and now I'm just plain confused. I'm partway through the second episode and I'm a little worried it's gonna end being something dumb as if they just didn't know what to do or something. It looks like the main character in inside someone else like the ghoul who ate him is? What the freak? I don't foresee this being a good idea.

Jaz007

Ralizah

So, what's everybody watching this season? So far, I'm enjoying Bloom Into You, Zombie Land Saga, and (perhaps on a more ironic level) Goblin Slayer.

Also checking out some older shows like The Devil is a Part-Timer, Psycho-Pass, and Devilman Crybaby.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

crimsontadpoles

@Ralizah JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind is going to be the main show for me this season. I really enjoyed all the previous series, so I'm hyped for these new episodes. I didn't realise until just now that it has already started airing, so I'll get started on it another day.

Not sure if I'll watch any other new shows this season. I've never managed to keep up to date with anime, and usually just watch older shows, though I would like to change that and start watching more of the latest releases. I'm currently in the middle of Hinamatsuri from spring this year, which is turning out to be quite a heart-warming slice-of-life show. Also might get started on the second season of Ghost in The Shell Stand Alone Complex before long.

Jaz007

I just finished watching "Dropped into another world with my Smartphone" this today. I absolutely loved it. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I can. it's a comedy/harem (though low on fanservice expect for for a couple episode and a few scenes, not a lot for harem, which is a good thing). The idea is that God accidentally ended a kids life early, so he drops him into another world, but he asks if he wants anything, so he asks to keep his smartphone. He also gives him natural talent with all magic in the world as it's a fantasy type world. It's actually really funny to see him put stuff in their wold like a shogi board and see how everyone thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. All around I laughed a freaking ton and really liked the story, which never gets too dark and has the right amount of fun with how over-powered the main character is, who handles his power nicely, but reasonably. The harem aspect is really well done too, and I thought the ending was awesome. I'm pulling for a second season though, which is definitely seemed interested in.
I thought it was pretty cool how he's going to marry all four of them, but is going to make sure he'll be ready first and can make all of them happy.

Jaz007

WanderingBullet

Anyone getting Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - Knockin' on Heaven's Door Blu-ray releasing on the 13th of November 2018? I'm thinking of getting but even at discounted price $27 is still quite pricey. Original price's $40.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

i wasn't sure if this should be here or in the Movie thread but as it's based of a Manga i figured this would be the best place for it but

anyone seen the trailer for Alita: Battle Angel, it looks....GOOD, a live action film based on a manga and it looks good

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

Netflix will release a new Ghost in the Shell anime in 2020. There's also a live-action series of Cowboy Bebop. For Cowboy Bebop, it's gonna be really hard but I hope the developers get it right.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/8/18131929/netflix-ghost-in-...

@FullbringIchigo I haven't watched the anime before but I'll probably go watch it unless early reviews says it's bad.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo I will admit Battle Angel will always have a soft spot for since it was the very first anime I ever saw.

Back before Anime was well known and pretty much everywhere like it is now before internet was a common thing in households it was pretty difficult to find Anime. One of the earliest ways we had to get anime was a cable channel I think it was Sci-fi Channel would show a block of anime late night/early morning. Kind like Toonami but even later from like 3am to 5am. So my friend would set his VCR and record the block. The first time I spent the night over at my friend's house he brought out all these homemade tapes which where the anime blocks he taped. I never seen Anime before the (or at least knew that I did) so he decided to introduce it too me and popped in Battle Angel I was hooked and as they say the rest is history.

So yeah needless to say I am excited and looking forward to it and the fact that it's James Cameron doing it just makes me want to see it even more.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ryall

I think the bit where Kirito is exploring the new virtual world are great but the Asuna talking to her friends in real world stuff goes on about four times too long. @TowaHerschel7

Ryall

FullbringIchigo

@TowaHerschel7 yes the character was MADE canon after Toriyama watched the original special but remember it's not the ANIME of DBZ that was the main canon but the Manga and in that he was only in 2 panels

Untitled

the original Bardock special was a great thing but it's story was never part of the canon just the character

what i find strange is people are willing to accept this version of Broly because the old movies were not part of the canon BUT not Bardock when his movie was also NOT canon

remember the anime was FULL of filler and all the scenes of Goku's or Vegeta's past, anything about Bardock, hell anything about the Saiyans past was ALL filler made by Toei, take Goku, in the anime it showed him as a baby arriving on earth and spending time with Grandpa Gohan while Roshi told Goku what Gohan had told him, NONE of that happened in the manga it was just one panel where Roshi told Goku he was found in the woods as a child and hit his head, nothing was shown, same with Vegeta's past and that bit about him being held hostage by Frieza, never happened in the manga at all

the Tuffels, never in the manga

remember when it comes to Dragon Ball canon it's Dragon Ball Manga (released in the UK and U.S as 2 separate Mangas Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z) Jaco the Galactic Patrol Man, Dragon Ball Minus and the Dragon Ball Super Anime and Broly Movie (the Dragon Ball Super Manga is just a promo even though now the Anime is on hold it's moved PAST Broly and into a new arc the anime is still the canon just like the Boruto series, the manga is ahead but the anime is the canon)

so again remember, Bardock Special NOT canon, the Trunks special NOT canon, the old movies NOT canon, the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movies NOT canon, the XenoVerse games NOT canon and Dragon Ball GT NOT canon

also i'm not saying some things have NOT be retconed, this is Toriyama after all he does that kind of thing all the time, he is famous for forgetting things, it's why Trunks had Blue hair in DB Super, he forgot what colour it originally was

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki my first Anime was Dragon Ball Z so i can understand how the first can hold a soft spot

as for Battle Angel my first exposure to that was the manga, i found a copy in a charity shop once and i enjoyed it but i could never find the Anime on TV here in the UK and it was years before i was able to find a copy of it on DVD on eBay (which ended up being one of those Chinese knock off copies but it was still really good quality)

anyway as for the film i'm really looking forward to it, pretty much every anime live action adaptation has sucked even the ones coming out of Japan (although i did enjoy Bleach) but i think James Cameron might be one of the few Directors who could pull it off.

FullbringIchigo

the latest chapter of Dragon Ball Super is out on both the NEW Shonen Jump mobile app AND Viz Media's official website FOR FREE (the new app has free simulpubs of EVERY running Jump series)

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/dragon-ball-super

in this one Goku and Vegeta join the Galactic Patrol in order to help them bring down a new powerful enemy

Untitled

seriously though check out the new Jump App it's awesome, it's legal and official and it's FREE

if you like Jump manga then there is NO reason not to

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo Don't feel so bad, Battle Angel was hard to find here in the US as well. In fact except.for the tape my friend made I have never seen it anywhere else. I remember years ago going into a movie store in my local mall that had Anime and I would and ask for it there to no anvil. When I would talk about it in high school no one knew what I was talking about (again this was before the internet). I did know that in Japan it was called Gunnm so when Mobile Suit Gundam got big here people thought I was referring to that. After while I just gave up. You can imagine my surprise and excitement when I hear that a live action movie is coming out done by James Cameron.

As for Cameron given his track record for sci-fi movies, Terminator, Avatar, Aliens and TV shows like Dark Angel I can't see him doing Battle Angel wrong. I feel that he's the perfect fit for the movie.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki you know now you mention Gundam that could make a good movie

FullbringIchigo

also on the Jump app if any one is interested one Piece is out, again as free simulpub (for the first time mind you)
Untitled

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-928/chapter/...

and they also started a new series last week called Hell Warden Higuma and if you like manga's like Blue Exorcist then you might enjoy this one BOTH chapters are still free
Untitled

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/hell-warden-higuma

also out now are the latest Black Clover
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/black-clover

My Hero Academia
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/my-hero-academia

and Boruto Naruto Next Generations
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/boruto

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

also anyone checked out Radiant yet (and yes this is a clip from on official channel, Crunchyroll to be precise)

it's very Fairy Tail in how it feels but it's pretty fun

QualityGeezer

Ninja scroll is the greatest manga/anime film in my opinion

QualityGeezer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic