Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam @Feena i was currently replaying it on XB1 but i might go back to the PS4 version, i'm getting far too many issues with the XB1 version, at least the PS4 version only has a bit of pop in when driving but the XB1 version is full of slowdown, texture pop in during cutscenes and at times missing assets, one time i was fighting and none of the weapons would load in, it still acted like they were there though but it looked really strange

i think it's because it has the 4k assets installed but i'm only playing on a XB1s (FFXV came out during that time period where they didn't really know how to do the 4k updates properly)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

DerMeister

Well, after looking at the recent article, as much as I shouldn't be, I'm still shocked that this will apparently be the way FFXV is ending. I guess now that means I can call it finished now, but it still feels like a downer ending. I hope Tabata continues to find success with whatever he does.

I still look forward to playing the game whenever I get a chance.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

FullbringIchigo

@DerMeister i'm sure he will, i think he said he was going to create his own company to make games and if so i wish him luck

also i take it you have/planing to get the Royal Edition of FFXV because it's probably the cost cost effective version of the game to get

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

DerMeister

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, the Royal Edition is the one I'll get. Partially because it's cost effective, and also because of that sexy artwork by Yoshitaka Amano.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

FullbringIchigo

@DerMeister yeah that is a gorgeous piece of work, it's the one i have showing on my Royal Edition

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Jaz007

Ooh, the Royal Edition is only $25 on Amazon now. I can't wait till I get the time and inclination to play it again, because as disappointed as I am in the cancelled DLC, I'm still excited to play the game with the added story of the DLC in the proper order throughout the game. Ardyn's will just get played on it's own or something. I felt it was a complete game with just regular FFXV as well too, so I don't feel shortchanged, but ready for the most epic replay I've ever had.
Better side-quests didn't happen to get added did they?

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 i'm doing that, for example playing Episode Gladiolus when Gladio leaves the party lthough i should have played it AFTER he returned as the entire thing was framed as a flash back with Gladio telling everyone what he did when he vanished

Jaz007

So would anyone be down for the original FFXV to be made? As I understand, he and Luna (his fiancé, that’s her name right?) were going to be from different crime families, the crime family part would completely change the game. It won’t happen, but I’d love to see this. Not to finish FFXV at all, but it’d be an awesome reimagining and a great excuse for Noctus and gang to be back again. It’s also let Sqaure milk or more with less work on their part to make something new. A win-win.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 you mean what would have been VsXIII, it would certainly be interesting but as maybe a film

of course they could always completely change the characters and you could have a story for a whole different game, maybe even FFXVI

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo You wouldn't want it as a game? I'd honestly take a full length $60 game. Even though I'd love to have it with Noctis (Noctis for new Link 2020) - having it be FFXVI isn't a bad idea. I'd buy that easily. I'm not sold on FFXVI yet despite having loved XV. It'll definitely have my eye though. If they announced as the crime family story I'd be sold though.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 yeah just not as a FFXV game, the story was interesting and with brand new characters (not Noctis or Luna) i think it could still work

of course if it had to be a FFXV game they could set it somewhere in the past and have it be Noct's great great great grandfather or something and he could even be called Noctis because the Noct we know was 114th King of Lucis and we know royals like to reuse names

EDIT: and instead of 2 crime family's it could be a Prince and Princess fighting for the throne

mookysam

@FullbringIchigo Noice. The Royal Edition has gorgeous artwork. Shame that you have been having problems with XV on the Xbox One. Come to think of it a friend had issues with other games that had 4K patches (can't think which ones).

@Feena Awesome. I'm really looking forward to replaying it. I may appreciate new things and I'm sure all the additions since 2016 will enhance the experience!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam now that you don't have to download the 4k assets for games on the XB1 i might delete it and reinstall it to see if that helps any

if i can be bothered that is as i have a working version on PS4

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam here is a better picture of the Royal Edition art work
Untitled

anyway back on topic, OK everyone, with FFXV winding down thoughts are going to be on what comes next for the series, so what would YOU like to see in FINAL FANTASY XVI

personally i want it to go back to a more fantasy setting, with Knights and Swords and Magic and Airships that actually look like a flying boat and maybe bring back the Job system but do it like in FFX-2 where you can change during battle

one thing i loved about XV was the team, a smaller more focused group had more chance to grow so i think a team of 4 or 5 would do, some of the games have FAR too many arty members (looking at your FFVI)

as for the battle system i think something based on the Kingdom Hearts system would be good AND give us proper summons too, i love the summons in XV but seriously why could we have control of them, all it needed was a gauge that increased as you took damage and then pres L2 to bring up a menu to chose who you want to summon (you know like how the party command system works)

as for whether it should be open world like XV or more linear like the others (and yes the old games were linear they just gave the illusion of an open world) well i'm not too fused which they use, whatever is best for the story i suppose

so those are a few of my thoughts about FFXVI, what's everybody else's?

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried i'm not sure, some kind of box of which there is only one and i think it might be shaped like an X or something

Kidfried

@FullbringIchigo But thanks for pointing me to this pretty box. I'm definitely going to buy the physical version now. This is the kind of video game art you want to show off.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried this is actually the reversible cover art, the original is this one which is actually pretty good too
Untitled
but the Yoshitaka Amano is just so beautiful the first thing you will do is swap them round

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried i also tried drawing in Amano's style once, it didn't work out great though

Untitled

i think i'm much better at Nomura's older style myself

Untitled

mookysam

@FullbringIchigo Those sketches are good! Thanks for the bigger royal edition picture too. What did you think of the artwork for X HD's steelbook?

For Final Fantasy XVI a return to something more fantasy-ish would be really good. Perhaps like IX or even IV. It'd be nice to have graphics that look like a Yoshitaka Amano sketch now the technology is there to pull it off, but I like the current style and Nomura's designs a lot too. Nomura seems to get criticised a lot these days, which is a shame because his work is always inventive and fits the characters personalities. I'd be in favour of smaller party - the bond the guys had in XV was one of the game's highlights.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic