Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@Feena well even if it was released as a trilogy you wouldn't need to play the other 2 and besides they were never meant to exist anyway, we all know the only reason they do is because Square sold 3 FFXIII games to Sony and Microsoft and when Agito XIII and Vs XIII because Type-0 and XV respectively they had to create XIII-2 and LR to fill their contract

it's why FFXIII had a resolute final ending that they had to change via time travel for XIII-2

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

@FullbringIchigo Yes, I'd buy it for sure. It looks incredibly good even by today standards on ps3 though, so I guess it needs some extras ...

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

belmont

@FullbringIchigo I still find it strange that the Lightning trilogy has not been released on PS4 yet. I love those games and will buy again.

belmont

FullbringIchigo

@belmont i know right, they aint even on the XB1 backwards compatibility program either

@Feena well if it included all 3 games and all the DLC that would be enough wouldn't it?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo Can you explain further (and link something maybe) about Square owing Sony and MS games? I’ve never heard of anything like where they aren’t exclusive and owe it to both of them.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 i can't remember where i read it as it was years ago but apparently how it works is a publisher sells a game licence to a console manufacturer hence why each game is "Licensed by SCIE" or "Licensed by Microsoft" well in this case Square sold them 3 games under the Final Fantasy XIII label

so in short Sony and MS brought 3 Final Fantasy XIII games from Square for release on their respective consoles and when Vs and Agito became other games they fulfilled the contract by making XIII-2 and LR

and as i said it's also why they had to rewrite the original resolute FFXIII ending in FFXIII-2, we was always going to get a Trilogy but wasn't going to be the one we actually got and it also impacted FFXV a lot as they had to remove all the stuff that connected it and XIII together (another reason the game took so long) but you can still see some of it such as Angelgard Island it looks like fallen Cocoon in FFXIII

Untitled

Untitled

or how Noctis Mark of the Astrals and Lightning's Brand of the l'Cie are basically the same thing

FullbringIchigo

has anyone seen this, it's hilarious

FullbringIchigo

OK so i was playing FFXV Episode Gladiolus on the XBOX ONE and it had some really serious slowdown and at times entire parts of the level wouldn't even load in & Gladio was walking on thin air

i took pics but i can't for the life of me figure out how to get them off my XB1

Nei

@FullbringIchigo OMG that is strange. It's one of the smoothest looking part of the game (being a long corridor). P.s.I must be the only person that really really liked episode Gladio with its arcade scoring system - I would have liked more stages.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena yeah i know right, i even played it on PS4 just to see if it was all the 4k assets as i only have a XB1s but it played fine on there and that was just a base PS4

also yes Episode Galdio was awesome

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007
Untitled

JK

but seriously it is strange, i have never seen it before and wondering if it had ever happened to anyone else

FullbringIchigo

so i decided to try Episode Gladiolus again on both the XB1 and PS4 and the same thing happened, the PS4 version had no issues but the XB1 version had slowdown and missing assets again

anyone have any ideas?

on a side note with the latest FFXV update i'm sad at some of the news but i think that the time has come for Square to move onto new projects and i look forward to the LAST DLC, Episode Ardyn

and they did say they will still give us the Stories of the other DLC's just in another form, a film perhaps? or maybe as side quests?

farewell FFXV, it's been a rocky road but it was still a fun ride

Th3solution

@FullbringIchigo Man, I just gotta say - I was catching up on the articles of the day yesterday and I found it incredibly ironic how you have been one of the most vocal and dedicated fans of all things final fantasy and someone was calling you out as a “Final Fantasy noob” in the comments section of the recent PS article. Gosh, could anything be further from the truth 🙄. I thought you handled yourself well there and I almost just came to your defense for being trolled like that but I didn’t get around to reading the article until late last night and it was pretty much blown over at that point and some other users had already assisted you to correct the ridiculous accusations. Anyway, whether FFXV is one of the series high points or not, to claim you don’t know your final fantasy games is one of the most hilariously ignorant statements I think I have read in recent memory. 😂
Anyways, I still have yet to play XV so have nothing to contribute to the discussion other than to say I’m glad you and @Feena , @Jaz007 and others continue to enjoy it, despite the unfortunate cancellation of the promised DLC content.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution thanks although honestly while i'm sad the DLC got cancelled i'm also OK with them finally moving onto a new project (which i HOPE is FFXVI)

and they have said they will still be getting the stories out just not as DLC for FFXV so i'm guessing maybe an animated short or movie or something which again is fine

but for now i'm looking forward to the Stand Alone version of Comrades to see what's changed, the FFXIV collab and the upcoming final DLC, Episode Ardyn

on a side note i always felt the Noctis episode was a bit redundant anyway after all they always said FFXV itself was Episode Noctis and if the rumours were true and it was just going to be a what if ending then it's OK not getting that one (also Episode Ignis has an alternate ending anyway)

Nei

Looking forward to Episode Ardyn and really sad about Tabata. He is good imho. I would have loved a FFXVI by XV' s team (minus the troubled development that wasn't their fault at all). let us know your impressions of the game when you play it! @Th3solution @FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i think Episode Ardyn could be amazing and it will be nice to see more of his motivations

mookysam

@FullbringIchigo Looking forward to Episode Ardyn. I'll play it as part of my girormous Final Fantasy XV replay next year. Regarding Ardyn's motivations, I hope we see some more background on the Astrals, particularly Ifrit.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam yeah it would be nice to see just how they teamed up

Nei

@FullbringIchigo Yes! At this point I hope it's a chunky episode and I don't care if they want to charge us 15-20$ instead of the usual 5.

Gonna replay the full game next year as well. @mookysam

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic