Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam you mean this
Untitled

sadly i was unable to get one of the Limited Edition's of FFX but the art on it was awesome

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

Here is a question for all FF fans

which game had the BEST battle music? Normal and Boss

me i think FFXV had the best Boss battle music especially the Apocalypsis Aquarius version that played while you was fighting Leviathan (if you want to hear it i'm sure there are plenty of videos of the fight on youtube, heck even i put it on there)

as for normal battles i would say FFX had the best, it's upbeat and gets you in the mood to fight

EDIT: after seeing other posts i realized i missed quite a few categories so also, what are you favourite Final Boss, Town, World Map and Airship themes

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

mookysam

Now this is freaky, I was thinking of asking the exact same question re: battle music as I was making dinner last night.

There's so many great tunes, especially boss ones. For normal battle music it's a toss up between Let the Battles Begin! from Final Fantasy VII, The Man with the Machine Gun from FFVIII (although not strictly normal as it's only as Laguna Loire) and the Battle Theme from FFX. I'm probably edging closer to the one from X because it's so upbeat and jazzy. They're all permanently etched into my brain because of Theatrhythm.

Favourite Boss theme... Battle with Seymour from FFX. The one that plays when you battle him in Sin. It's awesome!

@FullbringIchigo That's the one! I didn't get it either as I had it on the PS3 and Vita, but the steelbook would have made it worth buying again.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

NEW Dissidia NT content coming first off an brand new fighting stage

next new music is coming with some great remixs of classic tracks

and last but not least a new character Yuna from FFX

@mookysam i have it on PS3 and Vita too, i love FFX

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo

Random battle theme: Blinded by Light (FFXIII) (And that's the only good thing you're ever going to get me to say about this game...)

Normal boss theme: The Decisive Battle (FFVI)

Final boss theme: One Winged Angel (FFVII) (Original choice, I know; but the chanting and music, particularly in orchestral versions of this song, really communicate the gravity of the threat you're facing... Dancing Mad tries something similar, but it's WAY too ambitious to be a consistently strong final boss theme, as amazing as it is that an SNES game had a 16 minute final boss theme)

Field/town/character themes: Final Fantasy VII (I actually physically own the soundtrack for a reason: it's amazing!)

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah One Winged Angel is an amazing Final Boss theme and i have the FFVII Soundtrack too, i also have FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFXII, FFXIII, and FFXV's soundtracks as well, some i had to import from Japan though

oh and i have Crisis Core, FFVII Reunion, Advent Children, Advent Children Complete, Dissidia, FFVII Piano Collection, FFVIII Piano Collection and FFIX Piano Collection too

plus you reminded me i didn't choose an Final Boss or a Town one either so for final boss i too will go with One Winged Angel and for in town i will go with Balamb Garden from FFVIII, it's so relaxing

and i'll throw 2 more category's in, first World Map music and i'll go with Crossing the Knoll from FFIX and second Airship music and it has to be Blue Sky from FFVIII

mookysam

@Ralizah What I really like about Dancing Mad is how amazingly well it fits with the visual and philosophical theme of the battle. At the bottom tier, there is hell; the next tier is purgatory; then we have paradise. Finally at the very top is Kefka himself who has become the new god.

@FullbringIchigo FFX is my favourite game.

Favourite field themes. Ooh Terra's theme is a strong contender and I love the Main Theme from Final Fantasy VII.

More recently:

Wanderlust from Final Fantasy XV

Favourite town theme is Fisherman's Horizon from Final Fantasy VIII.

My favourite dungeon theme is Into the Darkness from Final Fantasy IV. I love the dungeon themes from FFX too, if places like Macalania Woods count as dungeons.

Come to think of it, I love most Final Fantasy music.

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam Final Fantasy is full of amazing music

Ralizah

@mookysam Oh yeah, Dancing Mad was a cool idea, for sure, and it works in the context of the actual battle. It's just as not consistently anxiety-inducing and epic as One Winged Angel.

Bravely Default actually does something similar with its final boss theme, with each sequence thematically linked to certain characters, and it evolves over the course of a battle of increasingly absurd scope. It's great.

Actually, I'll just come out and say it: I think Wicked Flight and Serpent Eating the Horizon, the final two boss themes in that game, are the best boss themes I've ever heard in a JRPG.

@FullbringIchigo My favorite generalized collection of Final Fantasy music on disc are the Distant Worlds CD sets.

I will go as far as saying that, in terms of iconic original music, there's no video game series that tops Final Fantasy.

Edited on by Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah i have yet to get those CD's but there on my list, right after Play Arts Kai Noctis

on a side note i got the first Ultimania last month and it's a lot bigger than i thought it would be but sadly my copy of On the Way to a Smile: FFVII was delayed

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Looks like a book full of Yoshitaka Amano art. One of my favorite Japanese illustrators, alongside Kazuma Kaneko. Have you ever seen the anime art film Angel's Egg?

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah it's not just art, it has full breakdowns of the production of the first 6 FF games and other things like character bios and relationship charts

if you want a book of Amano art then you want to buy "The Sky"

also no i have actually not seen that film i'm afraid but on the topic of Final Fantasy i have seen the Legend of the Crystal FFV anime OVA's, you know the ones that were only released on VHS and Bartz is called Buttz

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Ah, nice.

The Final Fantasy OAVs are awful. Which is unfortunate, because the potential is there for an original FF anime to be a lot of fun given the rich worlds they tend to take place in.

I think I actually still own the VHS set. Bought it at Suncoast when I was a kid.

At least The Spirits Within was decent (and mind-bogglingly realistic-looking at the time).

Edited on by Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah i liked The Spirit With actually, even if there was some, shall we say hokey plot points (Ghosts on a meteor WTF!)

(i really liked Advent Children too)

mookysam

@Ralizah You've reminded me I need to play Bravely Default. That's some great music!

@FullbringIchigo Was just going to ask how Ultimania compares to The Sky. Good to know it has lots of other information and bits in it. I plan to get it as a gift for someone.

I quite like Advent Children. More for the physical spectacle than the plot. Kingsglaive was decent too and I liked the background to what was going on in FFXV.

Black Lives Matter

FullbringIchigo

@mookysam yeah Kingsglaive was also good, so was Brotherhood (i got the collectors edition of Kingsglaive so it also came with Brotherhood just a shame Brotherhood wasn't dubbed)

EDIT: on a side note the first time i ever watched Advent Children i had to do a double take as the Kid has the same name as me

although it was kind of funny to hear Cloud and Tifa shouting my name all the time

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I want to see 16 as a whole new game. Completely fresh in a new world. 17 will be the ff7 remake. 18 will be the link story between ff10 and ff7. We will all be way old by then so the series can end.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

@FullbringIchigo your art 🎨 is so beautiful!

FFXVI: the dream is a Yoshitaka Amano art style cell- shaded game. Turn based combat with a fresh twist 🔀 like Bravely Default or Octopath

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena an entire game done in Amano's style might just make me melt, i probably wouldn't even get pass the opening scene

also thanks for the kind words about my art Feena and @Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic