Forums

Topic: Euro 2016 Thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 125

BAMozzy

Dogged defence from Wales!! Sterling yet again a very poor display - Obviously 'city' life has ruined any ability he once had

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

ShogunRok

Liverpool 2

Wales 1

Who'd have thought that putting in-form strikers on the pitch gets you goals? Mental concept! What a risk from Roy! Wow!

ShogunRok

Twitter:

usb

Really lowered my expectations for England now

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

themcnoisy

Joe Hart has just confirmed what Ive known for years - hes pants. The dodgy kick in the last game that hit smalling, costing us a corner also in that game rushing out of his box. Now the rubbish shot stopping. The guys lost it.

Glad Kane and Sterling got pulled, they are well out of form the pair of them. Good to see Vardy get his chance, the lads quality. Hopefully next game we throw Barkley on.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@ShogunRok: A number of players who didn't make the 23 would have been a better choice than Sterling based on his Euro 2016 performances so far... Nearly £50m?? City must feel robbed

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Bazza78

Sterling n hart have gotta go! Congratulations to N Ireland for spanking Ukraine !!!!! Also thank you to Man city for giving Liverpool 50million for raheem sterling . He's foooking garbage!!!

Edited on by Bazza78

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

Bazza78

Where is the love for N Ireland guys? I'm a bonafide Englishman , but i was made up when they beat Ukraine .

Edited on by Bazza78

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

Kidfried

What a night. Anyone watched the Portugal game? Man, it was just so painful too watch.

Kidfried

Bazza78

@Kyroki: i sincerely hope you beat Germany , what a story that would be!

ShadowofSparta

@Kidfried: Great game. I don't understand the criticism CR7 is getting. Alongside Andre Gomes (who was awesome) and William Carvalho (finally back to form), he had an excellent game. His touch was immaculate, he moved into space brilliantly as a false 9 and his involvement in approach play was great. Just one of those days when you can't get a goal, days a lot of strikers have, even Suarez. A lot more criticism should be directed to Nani, Quaresma and Mountinho, who all had very average games. Can't keep relying on CR7. Then Santos took off Gomes and didn't even try to put Renato Sanches on. Mistakes all round. What CR7 said about Iceland was silly but it shouldn't take away from his performance, which was actually good

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

Kidfried

ShadowofSparta wrote:

@Kidfried: Great game. I don't understand the criticism CR7 is getting. Alongside Andre Gomes (who was awesome) and William Carvalho (finally back to form), he had an excellent game. His touch was immaculate, he moved into space brilliantly as a false 9 and his involvement in approach play was great. Just one of those days when you can't get a goal, days a lot of strikers have, even Suarez. A lot more criticism should be directed to Nani, Quaresma and Mountinho, who all had very average games. Can't keep relying on CR7. Then Santos took off Gomes and didn't even try to put Renato Sanches on. Mistakes all round. What CR7 said about Iceland was silly but it shouldn't take away from his performance, which was actually good

That's what I meant with painful. Not the actual performances of the individual players, but that it all just didn't pay off. CR7 is a great player, but you just won't win the Euro on one player.

Kidfried

BAMozzy

England vs Slovakia - surprised about the fullback changes but come on England!!
Wales vs Russia - Come on you Dragons - already 1-0 up (Ramsey)

Edit: Wales are currently 3-0 up - sending the Russians home! England 0-0 but dominating - if it stays this way, both England and Wales qualify for the knockout stages with Wales topping the group - 1 goal could change this but it looks like Slovakia are settling for the draw and 3rd place - 10minsto go England 19 attempts to Slovakias 3...

Edited on by BAMozzy

get2sammyb

That performance from England tonight was shockingly predictable. So, so, so, so bad. But worse was ITV's punditry - I couldn't believe what I was hearing at half-time, and was beyond flabbergasted at full-time.

United got slated all season for performances like that, and rightly so. When England do it, though, apparently they're playing great.

Get out of here. So frustrating.

ShogunRok

To be fair, England do play well... just not in the final third. As good old Woy would say "if you don't score goals, you don't win" - which is England's major problem. See what Wales did to Russia tonight? That's what England should have done to them. Russia have been appallingly bad this entire competition, yet England made the 1-1 look like a struggle at times. Don't know why I'm surprised that they still can't find the net.

As soon as England come up against a top team - the likes of Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Croatia - we're done. Heck, I think lesser but still solid teams like Poland could take us out if we don't start scoring. Very worrying.

Ah well, at least when England do go out I can just stop pretending to care and support Germany!

ShogunRok

Twitter:

themcnoisy

England vs Iceland

That's a draw and a half, if we lose that game Roy has to go.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ApostateMage

The Irish fans are brilliant! Did y'all see that vid of them fixing the dented car roof?

ApostateMage

ShadowofSparta

Anyone fancy making a Euro 2016 Group Stage Best XI?
McGovern
Boateng Bonucci Corluka
Kroos Modric Ramsey Perisic
Payet
Morata Ronaldo
Silly formation I know. Not many surprises but there have still been a number of very impressive performances by players such Balázs Dzsudzsák and Breel Embolo.

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.