Forums

Topic: Euro 2016 Thread

Posts 121 to 125 of 125

BAMozzy

France is my preferred pick for tonight too.... I think the semi with Germany was the 'Final'. I don't want Portugal to win - a team that has only won 1 match all tournament (excluding the lottery of Penalties...). It kind of sends out the wrong message as far as I am concerned!!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@TripleGK: I thought the tournament league format with 3rd placed teams going through ruined the league matches. Its come alive through the knockout, hopefully tonight's is a cracking game.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy: I thought the 3rd placed team system was good as it meant that teams were 'playing' on the last match to try and get through. The only thing that made it difficult was predicting who was playing who in the knockout stages. Going into the last day of the group matches, virtually everyone could still qualify and that meant no-one was going through the motions. Without the 'extra' teams, its possible that a number of teams - like Iceland - wouldn't have even made it and you can't say that the 'underdogs' (like NI, Wales) etc underperformed on the big stage - often putting the bigger name players/teams to shame with their approach and team-work.

Thankfully they are keeping the format...

I really hope France win as they have played each match with the right attitude - maybe because they are the 'home' team. Portugal have disappointed - only winning one match. However if you get to the Final that way, you have to think your names on the trophy...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Kidfried

I'm usually a very big supporter of France, probably my favourite national team, but in this match I'm undecided. They both deserve the cup in my opinion.
Sure, Portugal hasn't shown attractive soccer or scored a lot of goals, but you shouldn't confuse the absence of attractive football with an unwillingness to fight. I think they are really dedicated to win and of all the teams I think they want it the most. That was so clear from Cristiano's expression when he had to stop.

And this game... man, it is an emotional rollercoaster. Couldn't have predicted this.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy: That's true, what I meant was but not written well;

The league games bar a couple of matches were too defensive.

Anyways Its 0-0 halftime. I'm going for a 1-0 win for France In extra time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.