Forums

Topic: Euro 2016 Thread

Posts 21 to 40 of 125

Kidfried

Predictions today:
Spain - Czech: 1-1 (Both great teams, looking forward to this one)
Ireland - Sweden: 0-1 (Ireland and Sweden are, I think both some of the weakest countries on the Cup)
Belgium - Italy: 0-2 (even though I think Belgium has a higher chance of winning the Cup than Italy)

Kidfried

RPE83

For the first time in ages, England played really well in a tournament, and agreed with all of the manager's decisions EXCEPT for, as with the general consensous would have bought on Vardy or Sturridge for Kane for last 20 mins.
If they play like that every game, the results will come, no need for much knee jerking after that.
One thing I would say, is that why not up tournament subs to five per game? All this fuss about "squads" and "tired players", with a tournament being every four years and the pinnacle of the continent/world's nations, give the managers more flexibility to change things/use some fresh legs.

RPE83

BAMozzy

The way its going, Spain look likely to draw 0-0... 15mins left...
I think Sweden will win but not easily
Belgium and Italy to draw...

No one really wants to lose their opening match so can see a lot of the so called 'weaker' teams playing more defensively. So far only 3 teams have managed 2 goals - France, Wales and Germany.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Hego

As an Irishman, was pretty happy with our performance against the Swedes. Shame we couldn't hold on for the win, especially seeing as we conceded an OG and had other good chances to double our lead, also thought O'Neill was slow to counter-act Olsson's runs up the Swedish left, badly needed a wide midfielder on the right to curtail his runs. Still good point earned

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

WanderingBullet

Used to support England when I first started following football 16 years ago but now I don't anymore since they always tend to disappoint in major tournaments. So now, I'm kinda neutral and usually only support teams that have my favorite players like Argentina (even though they're not in the Euros), Germany, France, Spain and to a certain extent Portugal.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Anchorsam_9

@WanderingBullet In all honesty I'd rather much rather Wales beat us than England winning. They've got far more passion than we do, and our players always seem entitled, as well as Woy seemingly always being resistant to change.

@Hego Really unlucky with a draw yesterday, Ireland deserved a lot more. Hoolahan's goal was amazing, though, but it's cool how many great goals we've got so far

In terms of predictions:
Austria 3 - 0 Hungary - this speaks for itself, really
Portugal 4 - 1 Iceland - likewise, though Iceland are pretty much my second team this tournament because of how much I love their passion, as well as their country in general

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

Kidfried

TripleGK wrote:

My predictions for today

Austria 2-0 Hungary

How wrong you were.

Kidfried

Kidfried

TripleGK wrote:

@Kidfried: Always goes the opposite way XD

So, then wat do you not expect to happen today?

I'm thinking today France, Switzerland and Slovakia are the expected winners.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

Russia 2 - Slovakia 0 - fighting and Russia are banned
Swizz 4 - Romania 1
France 2 - Albania 1

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

usb

Ronaldo was disrespectful last night not shaking the hands of the Iceland players. Glad Iceland got the draw for such a small nation its a massive achievement.

Edited on by usb

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

ApostateMage

Ronaldo's comments about Iceland are so disrespectful. He had a quite a few glorious chances but squandered them all. I personally think Bale has surpassed him at taking free kicks.

ApostateMage

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy: Hopefully Slovakia will get a goal or at the very least keep Russia from scoring so that the Russian hooligans (they are hardly fans) kick off and get their team disqualified! I still think they should lose the World Cup - who wants to go to Russia now - the French Ultras? the Turkish Ultras?

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy: Ultra street fighter 5; Zangief x200 vs little Slovakian guy.

BAMozzy

@TripleGK: Won 2-1 in the end wonder if the 'hooligans' will cause trouble as Russia sit at the bottom of the group anyway... Makes you wonder what could happen if Wales now score first... Its not as if they are losing out by being kicked out - they were going home anyway and already tried to cause trouble to the Welsh/English fans sat together...

Anchorsam_9

God, Ronaldo was such an idiot yesterday. He acted like a spoilt brat, whinging about Iceland being a small team when really he was the one who underperformed yesterday. The fact that he got annoyed about Iceland's over-celebration, even though he's done the same thing countless times, is laughable, and I think that it's a testament to Iceland for how well they've done - not only have they trained hard, qualified for the Euros, and come out with a good result in the opening match, but they've built facilities and done so well with their tiny population. The true underdog story of the Euros, in my eyes, though it remains to be seen if they can get out of their group

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

themcnoisy

France are through, well done Payet will be at Bayern or Barca next year.

ShogunRok

I think England needs these three points - needing a win in a last group game against Slovakia would be a nightmare because they're an aggressive team, and you just know they'll be relentless if they need the three points too.

Should be a good match with Wales!

ShogunRok

Twitter:

Anchorsam_9

Bale winding up Hodgson should make this match a really good one, but I kinda wish Craig Bellamy still played for Wales. He was an expert at really annoying his opponents

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.