Forums

Topic: Euro 2016 Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 125

PushSquare

The original poster of this topic has now deleted their account. Because the topic had 50 or more replies it has been adopted by the default site profile.

Edited on by PushSquare

PushSquare

get2sammyb

Thanks for creating this @TripleGK. I was really impressed with Payet tonight - he played excellently throughout, and his goal was sublime. I thought France may be favourites, but they look shaky at the back. Then again, we got glimpses of just how much quality they've got at times, and if they can show that more often, they'll be hard to beat.

BAMozzy

Oh, so the thread has been reactivated...

I think England have a good chance of pulling out a Victory but I can see Russia nicking a win if England, as they so often do in their first match, don't perform at their level. I think a 0-0 is most likely but I could see a 1-0 (either way) if neither team score in the first 45-60mins. If either team go out for a goal in the first half, rather than trying not to concede, England I think are better suited to this (although could get hit on the counter attack if they don't score), then I could see England winning 2 maybe 3-0 or 3-1 but again it really depends on what mindset and tactical approach they play this game. I know its vague but we have seen England approach their first game in quite a negative way - not to lose instead of playing to win. Therefore its difficult to predict - if they go out to win, they have the attacking talent to put pressure on Russia and these 2 have to be favourites to go through so could play more defensively - its the battle for the top 2 effectively I think. Wales vs England has added 'spice' because of the proximity but England should still be favourites and Slovakia shouldn't pose a threat but they can't be underestimated.

I see Switzerland beating Albania but Wales will have a more difficult task, I think, in beating Slovakia - not unrealistic but I see these as more evenly matched than Switzerland and Albania. I can see this the battle for 3rd/4th space in the group.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

England 4 - 0 Russia

The crazy thugs rampaging through Marseille have really dampened the spirit. Tools.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Anchorsam_9

I'm gonna say 3-1 to England. A romping start to add to the momentum from our perfect qualifying campaign.

Also those in Marseille are really ruining things. Can England fans just not be jerks for once, it's not like we're known as having the best fans in Europe

Edited on by Tasuki

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

Tasuki

Ok guys while I am all for supporting your team and what not let's not start insulting others or sterotyping others please if it gets out of hand, I will have no choice but to close the thread.

Thanks for understanding.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Bazza78

@TripleGK: But England played very well, it's dissapointing to lose a goal so late on. But england will destroy Wales on thursday. Wait and see. Every violated sheep in the valleys wiil rejoice as england destroy Wales.

Edited on by Bazza78

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

TomKongPhooey

Every team should be disqualified from the tournament immediately if it can't control it's fans and trouble starts outside/inside the games. That's my only view on football/soccer.

I hate the game and it's pansy playacting. The game needs the system Rugby has for the referees where they can review fouls/video footage etc in realtime. A bunch of overpaid actors in my opinion.

To stay OT tho I hope any of the home teams win the thing.

No 1 Superguy!

PSN: TKP_1st

BAMozzy

And Russia has the World Cup?????

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Bazza78

Y @TomKongPhooey: i'm not defending england's fan behaviour , but jesus they were set upon by a group 30 strong elitist dressed in black knife wielding bunch of thugs. Russian's went looking for troubled an inevitably got it.

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

get2sammyb

I've seen some people say England didn't play well tonight, which I think is very unfair. Only really Sterling and Kane were "off the boil", but I liked the balance of the team. Substitutions could have been better.

It was a very typical England result in the end, though, and the Wales match will be very tough.

All of the stuff happening off the pitch is ridiculous, though. I'm not really sure why it's going on, but it's frankly embarrassing for the game.

Edited on by get2sammyb

TomKongPhooey

@bazza78 I'm not for a second saying who was in the right or wrong, who started or who finished. What I'm saying is that this sort of behaviour is disgusting in any sport and harse, strong actions are the only way to get it to a stage where this type of thing NEVER happens. This has been going on in soccer my whole life, it is time it's knocked on the head once and for all. In my opinion if that threat was hanging over teams heads both the teams and fans would definately think twice before even thinking of starting anything. Imagine the wrath of a whole nation on the antagonists. It would work thats for sure. The threat would be enough.

Edited on by TomKongPhooey

No 1 Superguy!

PSN: TKP_1st

Bazza78

@get2sammyb: i think England will beat Wales comfortably . Just my opinion tho 3-1.

Anchorsam_9

In terms of the England match, I wasn't disappointed in the team as much as Hodgson. The fact that he didn't play Vardy despite Harry Kane not even being upfront for half the match was so frustrating. Sterling and Lallana were quite good creatively, but really should've buried their chances. The fact that most chances didn't fall to Kane shows that maybe Vardy, Sturridge, or even Rashford should've been subbed on. Alli was good, but the fact that we had a long period of dominance in that game and only scored once shows that we could do with trying a different combination against Wales.

What's everyone's predictions for today then? I'll go for:
Turkey 0-0 Croatia - both of these teams aren't high scorers so I can't see this being exciting
Poland 0-2 Northen Ireland - ambitious, I know, but Lafferty and Will Grigg have been on fire in qualifying
Germany 3-0 Ukraine - despite this being a really young German team, it should be an easy win for them

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@TripleGK: There's no way Clyne gets In ahead of Walker. He's turning Into the first name on the team sheet after the last 2 performances.

Hart had some crazy moments, the weird kick out first half which hit smalling and the insane moment which led to a corner - could of been so much worse! Foster should start, Harts gonna cost us a goal.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Bazza78

@themcnoisy: Agreed hart is a liability his head goes. Or should i say his head n shoulders.

Edited on by Bazza78

ApostateMage

There's a few teams playing today with good potential for some decent 'chic cam'.

ApostateMage

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.