Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 221 to 240 of 4,206

SteveButler2210

kyleforrester87 wrote:

SteveButler2210 wrote:

Decision time for me. It's pay day tomorrow, and I need to work out whether to pick up one of either Arkham Knight / The Witcher 3 (pros - supposedly amazing games, cons - full price), OR do I give them another month for the price to drop a bit and pick up 2 older games for the same price (eg Shadow of Mordor, Alien: Isolation or Wolfenstein: TNO).

Also hungrily eyeing up those deals in the latest Big In Japan sale on the EU PS Store, but will be restraining myself there to probably just getting Dissidia duodecim, MGS3 (Vita version), and possibly Oreshika.

Get one of the new games. The cheaper ones aren't going anywhere and will get even cheaper before the newer games, so technically you'll save a little more money that way

Makes sense, just cautious as last time I picked up something full price (Bloodborne) it went down £15 within a month of me getting it! That said, these 2 are far more recent, so I guess prices aren't likely to dip for a while.

Still, now I have to work out which to go for! Batman is marginally cheaper, although potentially less there for the money. On the other hand, the Witcher may contain a hell of a lot more, but I'm not sure I have the time currently to get the most out of it! Batman's comparitive brevity could be a bonus here!

If anyone's played either via Remote Play I'd be interested in knowing how each handle on the Vita, in particular if the control schemes are well adapted.

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

banacheck

Picked-up Arkham Knight today just downloading the 3.5GB Patch the Scarecrow Nightmare Missions, The Skin Pack, Red Hood Story Pack & Harley Quinn Story Pack. Cannot wait to start.

banacheck

unionjack3rd

just got ultra streetfighter 4..thought id give it a go...gonna get batman on my pc..but its a bit naffed on pc.

unionjack3rd

SillyBoyJudas

Went in to GameStop this morning after being hungover to get Arkham Knight. Downloading the update now =)

SillyBoyJudas

PSN: SillyBoyJudas

Clay_Davis83

Grabbed a few titles in the NA Flash Sale. Lego: The Hobbit, Fate of Hand, and Rack 'N Ruin; all of which are adding to an immense backlog.

PSN: ClayDavis83

Twitter:

Splat

Clay_Davis83 wrote:

Grabbed a few titles in the NA Flash Sale. Lego: The Hobbit, Fate of Hand, and Rack 'N Ruin; all of which are adding to an immense backlog.

Fate of Hand looks interesting.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Splat

Clay_Davis83 wrote:

@Splat yea the price makes it worth the risk of trying it out. I will let you know how it is.

Thanks. The sale ends the 29th right?

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

banacheck

I got both DLC for Destiny today seeing as you need them for The Taken King, and once you get so far into Destiny you'll find you'll need the DLC anyway unless your super lucky.

banacheck

BigP

Just ordered Shadow of Mordor since I've wanted it a while and I can't get Arkham Knight yet. Cheap too.

BigP

themcnoisy

Order 1886 and Minecraft ps4 for the measly price of nba 2k15, dance central 2 (xbox) and Diablo 3. Sorry Diablo it was time to part our ways.

With retail games since August last year I have spent less than £100 as I trade and wait. Usually games don't hold price 3 years into a generation so I've enjoyed it whilst its been good but almost time to reach for my wallet again.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Clay_Davis83

Whispering Willows, beat it the day I bought it. It's been a while since that has happened. That being said still not worth the $10 price tag.

Twitter:

Kidfried

Limbo. Missed out on it last generation due to the abundance of great games. Though right now I'm missing out on Witcher3 and Batman. Guess I'll never ever catch up.

Kidfried

unionjack3rd

Just got the free ps plus games,
Also ultra street fighter 4 and batman arkham knight.

unionjack3rd

CThrash13

My wife picked up Arkham Knight for me last weekend, so my son and I have been going through it. I think we're at 14% right now, and it's been a pretty fun game. There is a little too much batmobile time for my liking, but my son loves it. Haha. Nonetheless, it's been a pretty damn good game so far as expected.

I'm probably going to get EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Tuesday as well. I haven't heard many great things about it, but I think I'll still enjoy it. I'm never as picky as most gamers it seems, so I bet I'll get plenty of hours out of it. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced.

CThrash13

Twitter:

SteveButler2210

Just finished Arkham Knight yesterday, and am sitting at just over 82% overall completion. So I will now be attempting to 100% the side content (so many Riddler trophies...) before hopefully picking up The Witcher 3 at some point next weekend!

Seeing as I'll have around £25 store credit for CEX after I trade in AC:Unity and Ground Zeroes, I'm thinking of getting it there (will be spending about £15, not too shabby) - is there anything notable I might miss by doing this (ie content already having been redeemed), or was all the extra content so far handled via those free weekly DLC drops? I was considering going for the £22 digital download someone is selling on eBay, but the something about paying for an account with the game loaded on doesn't seem entirely safe / legit to me. Assuming that they are buying it once then sending out the same account details to loads of people, that's got to be less than legal!

From 16/08/15 I’m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

clubber_lang78

Picked up Arkham Knight the day of release. Currently at roughly 30% completion. Very much enjoying it.

Just purchased the Vanishing of Ethan Carter which is downloading now.

clubber_lang78

kyleforrester87

What's this The Fall on the store today? Read a couple of reviews. Looks a bit like the swapper. Right up my street in terms of atmosphere/story...

Anyone played?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Clay_Davis83

@kyleforrester87: I heard nothing but good things during Giant Bomb's GOTY discussions at the end of last year. In fact, I just picked it up so I can give you a personal opinion once I play it (hopefully tonight or tomorrow)

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic