Forums

Topic: whats the best theme for the PS4?

Posts 121 to 140 of 153

Tasuki

I have been using the CoD:WWII theme for about a month now. Just something about the music and all.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WanderingBullet

I'm using the DQXI one. I like dynamic themes but sometimes there's too much going on that it makes the screen look cluttered or the icons on the screen slightly difficult to spot. I was using the UC 10th one for a couple of days but went back to using the DQXI theme.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/?cts=4ZRfNmji

NathanUC

Still the Rez Area X Dynamic theme for me. The sound/music/visuals are just top notch and leagues better than any other I've used.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

NoCode23

It seems like forever that i have had a dynamic fish tank on my PS3. I never missed it on my PS4 purchased 2 years ago. I really liked the blocks and default blue flow that is simple and not distracting.

When using screen shots was added i had a different image almost every day for 2 weeks. A red 57 Chevy, baseball parks, paintings like Night Hawks, ect. I then found what i use now which is a static deserted beach scene with a couple of palm trees and just sand, water , and sky. Simple, peacefull, and not distracting.

NoCode23

AdamNovice

There's a really cool Rez Infinite theme available now called "Singularity" it's one of the best ones I've seen.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Fight_Sora_Fight

@adf86 Really great find ! Finally replaced my H:ZD dynamic theme.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Simon_Fitzgerald

The Game of Thrones Dynamic Theme is simple and clean, it's a shame it doesn't have the theme tune to go with it but it's definitely my favourite theme atm.

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6

Tasuki

I went with the PS2 theme and I will say hearing the start up jingle and then the waves brought a flood of memories to me. I got goosebumps hearing it again after all these years it was like the first time I heard it on the PS2. It's hard to say if this one or the PSONE theme are my favorite now.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Carlos1996

I don't own many themes but I have a strong belief that all the Persona 5 themes are great!

Carlos1996

Th3solution

Has anyone noticed that using any of the dynamic themes tends to slow down the responsiveness of navigating their PS4 at all?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

RogerRoger

@Tasuki I hear you, it's magical. I adore it (moreso than the PSone theme, mainly because I used to leave the PS2 menu on to listen to those crashing waves whilst I did my homework... ah, nostalgia).

@Th3solution Sometimes, yes. It depends on the theme and how much it's asking your console to do. One of my favourite themes is the Uncharted 4 underwater one, with the fish, but because it's doing two different moving backgrounds, multiple random 3D objects and unique music, it did slow things down considerably and I stopped using it... meanwhile, the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune waterfall U-Boat theme was okay, because it was just one moving background and some music.

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution i have but since the update that lets you use custom backgrounds came along i haven't used a dynamic theme, i just make my own

If i could live in any video game world it would be Gaia from FFIX, i love that world and characters

themcnoisy

@Th3solution yup. Ive gone back to static backgrounds. Im currently using one of the wipeout pack in themes (Auricom is it?) and it looks class. I just wish the theme didnt include the ship, the colouring and overall design splash are excellent but the ships too big and makes it look a bit cheap.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

There's a free TLOU2 theme plus TLOU2 avatars in the JP store.

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet Cheers! I like a good theme. Currently got the Yoku's Island Express rocking on my PS4.

Only recently realised that some have a unique soundtack on em. One of the Resident Evils was well spooky. Especially if it is first thing in the morning.

The Dark Souls 3 Ringed City theme is really good. Takes you through some of the environments in the main game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WanderingBullet

@JohnnyShoulder No problem, man. The theme is actually quite nice. Previously, I was using the Spider-man theme.

JJ-firl

Switched to the Firewatch dynamic theme and I absolutely love it. When I came home the other day my partner told me that she fired up the PS4 to use Netflix and spent ten minutes or so on the home screen just browsing the apps from the left to the right and back, mesmerized by the background and music.

It also works as a friendly reminder to finally play Firewatch!

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

KratosMD

I'm really loving the Persona 5 Ann theme right now. I actually like Yusuke's and Futaba's more but they have the daytime song from P5, which makes it hard to listen to during nighttime since it's too uplifting and I want something relaxing to hear instead. Ann's theme is the only one (out of the three that I have) who has the nighttime theme from P5 so I prefer to have it on.

KratosMD

Jaz007

@KratosMD Do you mean the PS3 theme? I don't see any available for the PS4, and it's rather strange to me that they didn't seem to make any for it. Especially since it's what people care about now.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic