Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 5,748

Th3solution

@Areus It’s not that difficult a platinum, but I would have liked to have achieved the Persona 4: Golden platinum. First off, it sounds funny to have a golden platinum. 😂
And secondly, for as much time as I played the game, and to be so close, it seems like I should have gotten it. And I really enjoyed the game, but I don’t think I’ll replay it anytime soon, given it’s length and the fact I haven’t even finished Persona 5. The main obstacles to my P4G plat are the trophies for hearing all of Rise’s 250 navigation lines and the one for completing the entire Persona compendium. The first has an element of randomness and the other is a grind fest.

I also would like to have platinum’d all the mainline Metal Gear Solid games (well, 2-5 anyways). I think that would be cool. The series is just so iconic and awesome. But we need a MGS 1 remaster with trophies to make it a set. But yeah, I’d never be able to achieve that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

johncalmc

@Areus Undoudtedly Persona 4 Golden. I played it like four times trying to get the stupid hardcore Risette trophy and I couldn't do it. I was following guides and everything but I was either too thick and I was doing it wrong, or the trophy is just daft. Yes, it's the trophy that's wrong.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Areus Almost all of them. I stop when the game stops being fun, I find most plats too grindy for my liking or having to replay the game. Probably why my platinum count is so low.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Areus Great question.

For me it's Metal Gear Solid 5. I would love to have a specific incentive for returning to that game. I play it from time to time, but it feels like it's not really going anywhere now I have finished the story completely.

I am not even close to the Platinum yet, so there's enough to do, but it all feels too grindy for me to even begin.

Maybe it's better this way. I don't want to spoil my memories of it being one of the greatest games made, by replacing them with memories of me grinding to get all animals or something.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

I have a couple of story mission trophies, clearing district crimes and the rest of the challenge tokens (for the suits) until the Spider-Man plat.

As with Second-Son, I spent quite a lot of my play time doing the side stuff to help break up the story, so really only tidying up and wrapping up the story left.

Depending on how frustrating I find getting the challenge tokens, I may not bother with the plat though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Thrillho

@Areus Either Yakuza Zero or Witcher 3 as I fully deserve it for the amount of time I invested in them and the love I have for the games.

Both have the hated "now complete the game on the hardest difficulty" trophies. Yakuza also has it's ridiculously long completion list which would mean I'd have to learn to play mah jong in particular, while TW3 has annoying "kill enemies in this way" trophies I missed. Plus there's the one for collecting all Gwent cards which I didn't realise was a thing until I could no longer get the unique card from the Bloody Baron.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Areus Very good question!

Along with a couple other folks here, I'd love a Metal Gear platinum, but I've found them all a little out-of-reach for my ability and / or patience level (particularly MGS4: Guns of the Patriots).

I'd also liked to have platinumed Sonic Unleashed on PS3. It's a lovely game I've played multiple times before, and almost all of the trophies are perfectly achievable (even the grind to maxing out the Werehog's stats) but the Hotdog Stand missions are ridiculously tough. They're only a bronze for each country, too. Give me enough time and patience and I'm sure I could do it, but it'd take weeks of repeated attempts, so I see them as a barrier. I think I might've earned the one for Apotos, then realised what I was getting myself into and walked away.

Wouldn't mind getting the platinums for Jak II and Jak 3, either. I just can't be bothered going back through and finding / earning every single orb, especially when some are tied to races or shooting gallery challenges. Nope nope nope.

Motivation is a funny thing, because there are also games which I had on PS3 and never platinumed, which I then platinumed on PS4 when they were remastered. Despite having identical trophy lists, I only have the platinum for Hitman: Blood Money on PS4, not PS3 (and yet I've obviously had the former way longer, and have played it twice). No idea what that's all about, because I really enjoyed earning it on PS4, too.

Semi-related, but there are also games I'd love to platinum, but can't because of multiplayer / online trophies now being impossible (either due to server inactivity or deactivation). I'd love a platinum trophy for a Bond game, for example, but that can never happen now, despite having earned every possible single player trophy for every Bond game on PS3.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Celebration time: I got all trophies in Hitman!

I know there's no platinum, but it legitimately felt like earning one just now. Go me.

Kidfried

Areus

@Gremio108 @Th3solution @johncalmc @JohnnyShoulder @KidFried @Thrillho @RogerRoger
Mine Isn't A platinum i wish i had More along the lines of a platinum i Should Have had Final Fantasy 13 I had one trophy left the Treasure Hunter i had spent hours Grinding out items for money and Upgrades i had a check list of everything i needed i had finally finished and was going to save before turning everything in right as my game was saving the power Went out Corrupting my save i had to erase it and start the game over from Scratch Haven't Touched the Game since it still sits at 91% as the years went by it remains the only final fantasy game i haven't platinum

Edited on by Areus

Areus

Thrillho

@Areus Ouch, that's pretty unlucky. A combination of Nier and the Yakuza games has taught me to save my game regularly now!

Thrillho

Gremio108

@Areus That's a nightmare. I've had power cuts in the past while I've been playing games with an autosave function and I've spent a few nervy minutes wondering whether I got away with it. Fortunately I've always been lucky. You'll have to go back and finish the job one day, painful as it may be, or it'll haunt you forever

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

Got my first platinum of 2019. I’m so proud.
Virginia.
Ok, so it’s a little underwhelming. 28% of people who play it get the platinum. But still, that makes No. 18.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

Yoku's Island Express; I got the platinum.

I liked the actual pinball table sections the most actually. I'm pretty bad at pinball in real life, so it felt very good to be able to land some nice shots in succession. Also, I really appreciated how you can't actually die. Every time you fail you can retry their challenges immediately. Sad to say goodbye to this game!

That's my second platinum for 2019, and I of course 100%ed Hitman, which also counts in my book. So, that would make 3 on 3. Let's try to keep this up.

Kidfried

redd214

Working on platinum number 69 (nice!) now. Thought it was going to be Titanfall 2 but there one trophy holding me back and I don't think I will be able to get it sadly. Only have 4 trophies left to get the Anthem Plat, will hopefully get it done before Friday when the Division 2 drops.

redd214

Kidfried

@redd214 You're a machine! And an inspiration to small fish in the trophy sea like me.

Kidfried

redd214

@Kidfried lol thanks a lot of those are from the PS3 days when I was big into trophy hunting (before my kids got older too). Not so much anymore but I do love a good platinum grind here and there still!

redd214

Kidfried

@redd214 I'm quite the opposite from you actually. I've only gotten more into trophy hunting these last two years, as I now aim for about a platinum each month.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

redd214

@Kidfried that's awesome! Yeah it's a fun little hobby within a hobby. I've done some crazy things for trophies over the years lol. My kids are kinda getting into it too. They're working on getting the Platinum on portal knights on their own accounts which will be the first!

redd214

redd214

Got the platinum in Conan Exiles last night. Only took an hour lol! Fun way to spend an evening. Platinum number 69 (nice..)

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic