Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 5,748

Thrillho

@Shellcore I felt so relieved to find out skill points didn’t relate to trophies in the second game as they were so obtuse and gave up on those.

I did have a guide open to scan through for level based trophies whilst playing through which helped without spoiling the game. The trophy for the penultimate boss was by far the hardest.

The second game was also a weird one for me as it was the one of the series I hadn’t played so the nostalgia value wasn’t there.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Shellcore

Thrillho wrote:

The trophy for the penultimate boss was by far the hardest..

This is what I was battling with last night. Such a spike in difficulty to get that (still haven't)!

PSN: Aleks-UK

RogerRoger

@Shellcore Glad it wasn't just me, then. Here's hoping ANTHEM is stable enough for you to have a proper break, because then you might have a better time with Spyro 3 like I did.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Shellcore yeah, it’s pretty much doing a no-hit run as the chickens don’t appear when you’re on full health. It took me a looong time to get. The only thing that helped was that you could hold a rocket in your mouth after hitting him so could sort of get a second hit in for free..

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I have absolutely no idea what on earth you are talking about and you sound totally bonkers!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

In other news, I finally finished all the Spider-Man DLC so got the plat plus all the DLC trophies. The latter totally weren't worth it (screw the Screwball challenges) but it's done. The DLC is quite a good self contained story though.

EDIT: the only missing trophies overall are the NG+ ones (complete NG+ and complete on Ultimate difficulty) but those will forever stay missing.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Ha ha love it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

johncalmc

@Thrillho As much as I loved Spider-Man and enjoyed the platinum aside from farming for crimes in every single area, I couldn't wait for the DLC to be over. Screwball can get in the sea.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Areus

Finally Got Around to platinum Dragon Quest heroes now to take a short break before going after Star Ocean

Edited on by Areus

Areus

RogerRoger

My 32nd platinum in the bag; last night I got all trophies for Hitman: Absolution HD Enhanced.

I really enjoyed the experience. Roughly 60% of the list is just for completing the story, with one gold trophy which is difficulty-dependent (but not unfairly so; you essentially have to play it on "medium" to get it) and then there are a handful of other golds for collecting all of the evidence, unlocking 100 of the game's 200+ challenges (specific assassination methods, collecting outfits, completing levels unseen, etc.) and completing 20 "play styles" (subdue and hide five guards in a row, kill five targets with an axe, get a headshot with every bullet in a sniper rifle's clip without reloading, etc.).

They could have so easily put in a gold trophy for completing every single challenge, or completing the game on Purist difficulty, but IO seem to recognise that, despite the success of the Hitman community being built around elite players, it simply wouldn't have been fun or attainable for most. It might also have something to do with this particular Hitman game being designed in a more mainstream, narrative-driven way (the hallmark of the PS3 era).

Great game, worthy platinum, and an even number of them on my profile again. Yay!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Spyro 3 finished with the platinum making that four for the year (out of 21 in total for me). A bit more straightforward than the other two games with only a couple requiring me to go slightly out of my way to get.

I don't think I'll every have such a high completion to platinum ratio as I have since the new year with 4/5 completed games earning me the plat.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho What was the one that got away?

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Jurassic World Evolution; far too many trophies you need to go out of your way to get, mainly getting a photo of specific dinosaurs attacking each other or guests.

I'm now onto Yakuza Kiwami which I certainly won't plat. My purple patch is over.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@johncalmc Lol, I thought you double-posted there for a second. 😂
Congrats on the shiny new platinum.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Areus

I have a Question For everyone here Whats the platinum You wish you had But Don't have the Motavation to Go after it

Areus

Gremio108

@Areus At the moment, Red Dead Redemption II.

Going back a bit, I kind of wish I'd seen the Assassin's Creed II platinum through. I just needed to find all the feathers, but I never bothered.

And the Demon's Souls platinum, but I'm hoping a remake will soon sort that out...

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic