Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 2,111

themcnoisy

Everyone has to play Yakuza Zero! Outstanding game on every level, if the daily mail ever find out this game existed it would make for some hilarious articles.

It's basically an open world game without the rubbish climbing and driving for miles. Every mini game is great and the fighting is brutal at times.

It's most importantly the funniest game I have ever played. It's overtly sexest, but then again it pokes fun at everyone and everything. Including the horned up old bloke who just wears white y fronts and wants sex with everything. Buy it!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Quintumply

@themcnoisy I really need to get back to Yakuza 0. I got distracted by other games and I haven't played it in months. I'll never forgive myself if I don't finish it!

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Quintumply it's a strange game, I don't have an urge to play and finish it like say The Last of us, Persona 4 or Final Fantasy. Ive found myself sticking it on and I can't turn it off, but nearly all of that time is frivolity. Darts, Outrun, ufo catching, beating up random thugs etc.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@themcnoisy It's on my list after I finish Persona 5 (god knows how long that will take to beat...) I bought a brand new copy for $40, and now it's just sitting on my shelf looking pretty. I'm determined to beat it before Yakuza Kiwami releases, at least!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

belmont

Any recommendations for internal 2TB (or bigger) hdd for the PS4?

belmont

Fight_Teza_Fight

Persona 5. 10/10. Game of a generation. Play it.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Elodin

Looking to pick up a football/soccer game. I haven't had one since ps2. I am looking for fun and ease of play. I am a casual follower though most of the players I know are probably retired or close to it. Correct names would be nice, but not paramount. Also year doesn't matter, just the best overall experience. Any suggestions?

Elodin

Tasuki

@Elodin FIFA (any year will do) It has a simple two button mode that's perfect for Casuals. I have FIFA 14 I think it is, but that's cause I don't buy one every year.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Elodin

@Tasuki think I'll pick an older fifa, I'm sure they are really cheap too. Thanks for the recommendation.

@KratosMD haha, have thanks to psplus. They just need to add announcers

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Tasuki

@Elodin Yeah I pcked up my copy of FIFA last year some time for like $8. I am like you, players mean nothing to me since I don't know any of them or what team they are on. Plus as I said with the two button control option it's really casual friendly. I keep my copy and start it up every once in a while when I get an itch to play a soccer (football) game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Octane

Gravity Rush 2 or NieR: Automata?

Octane

arnoldlayne83

@Octane I did not play GR2, but Nier is my GOTY so far.

It is the most original AAA game I have seen in years. Get it if you wanna something different

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

PSN: markthesovver83

Octane

@KratosMD @arnoldlayne83 That's two votes for NieR so far. I shall go for that game then whilst it is still in the zeitgeist. Do you guys know if you need to play all the four (five?) playthroughs back to back? Or are they also enjoyable as a standalone game? I just finished Zelda and Horizon, and the last thing I need is another 100+ hour game. So I'm thinking of taking a break in between each section.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@Octane Another for Nier. They aren't play throughs so much as they are chapters. You could in fairness just play the first one and put the game down but you'd be missing a ton of story. But you could certainly stop playing between sections.. that's if you actually wanted to. I couldn't put it down and played like 40 hours over a Friday evening/Saturday and Sunday. I haven't even managed that much on P5 yet and I've had it since launch lol.

Once you have finished it the third time you can restart the game at any point to mop up any side quests or endings that you missed or couldn't be bothered to do. Generally some of the side quests are a bit weak (imo) but certainly not as bad as FF15s. Ultimately you can't really miss anything with the way its structured so just play however you want.

The final ending is bloody satisfying though.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kogorn733

Definitely Nier Automata for the Golden Week Sale for me!

Btw, would you all recommend Playstation Now? There are a bunch of games on the PS3 I missed out on (I had a PS3, but it was during law school and I rarely had time to play it), but I've heard mixed things about the service and the price. It would work with my connection well enough though, as I have a home office speed connection.

I've also heard that people think Sony is purposely keeping PSOne Classics and PS3 compatibility off PS4 in order to make everyone use PS4 now...not sure whether that's true.

Kogorn733

Jaster1990

I used playstation now last year. Now I liked the idea of it but not the execution. I found that it crashed alot. Took a while to load a game up. Or I spent half my time battling with lag on single player games.

Not sure why. Never experienced those issues on onlive which is where the technology comes from. In the end I refused to pay a monthly fee just to get frustrated.

My advice use the subscription money towards some of the newer games. Or buy older consoles

Jaster1990

McGuit

@Fight_Teza_Fight
Persona 5.
Yep, good call there.
Great game!
First Persona for me so after I finish I'm looking to go back and do 3 and 4.

McGuit

Fight_Teza_Fight

@McGuit Make sure you do man! I know a lot of people love P4G, but to me P3 is even better. It's one of my favorite games of all time. It hasn't aged well & the dungeon design may be considered archaic especially compared to P5, but it has one, if not the best story of any game I've ever played.

Also the way you summon Personas in P3 will never be topped. So damn cool.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

McGuit

@Fight_Teza_Fight
Shooting yourself in the head....?
Too much if all the time...
But...wow... got to play it?
Later bro/broa?

McGuit

Kogorn733

So for this focus home interactive sale which games are actually good? not familiar with the publisher much...

Kogorn733

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic