Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 2,111

TOUGHDUDE94

I have a big choice to make PS4 or switch
I do not have a 4K TV so the pro and I do not like VR

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

Tasuki

@andrew20 Depends on what you want. If you dont have a Wii U and not big on portable gaming I would say go PS4. Right now there isn't any games for the Switch that you can't get on Wii U, unless you want to be able to play them on the go. The PS4 has a huge library compared to the Switch which is normal since the PS4 has been out for alot longer.

In the end it depends what games you want to play and really no one can make that decision but you.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

So I am thinking of picking up Battlefield 1 since it's 20 dollars now, only thing is I only played the beta which was a desert map which I have heard from people isn't very good. I am use to the fast pace play style of CoD but I have heard that objective game play is better in Battlefield.

My question how easy is it to transition from CoD to Battlefield? And would it be worth picking up now at 20 dollars?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

Doom!
As someone that doesn't typically enjoy or play FPS with the exception being Borderlands, Destiny and BioShock, I had a great time with it!
Really exceptional. So much fun. If you still haven't picked this up yet, it's available for peanuts these days. Highly recommended, even for the sporadic FPS gamer.

My first Doom and I'm definitely a fan now.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 Love that game. Gameplay aside they really nailed the German dialogue & that's coming from a German native .
Hard as nails though. Probably my most frustrating platinum.
Looking forward to the sequel.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD It's incredibly average and you've got FF9 to play first Although it's worth a go at some point. Don't take too much notice of the Chrono Trigger inspiration stuff though... there isn't a great deal to it, really. The next game TGF are making will hopefully be a substantial improvement.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Eh, yeah its not terrible or anything so if you just HAVE to buy something you could do a lot worse. If you don't plan on playing it anytime soon though I'd just wait for it to come round in the next inevitable sale

But yeah, it's a 6/10. It tries though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

harun_86

hi guys I wanna ask a question;

I have a capture card (avermedia lgp lite) , can I use it at ps4 slim model ? is there a difference hdmi between ps4 slim and ps4 fat model ?

harun_86

Quintumply

@harun_86 Don't really know much about capture cards, but as far as I know there's no difference between the HDMI support on the slim PS4 and the original.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

Bit of a different post, but here is a game I would NOT recommend:
Dragon Age: Inquisition

I missed out on Dragon Age 2 due to Uni, but I loved Dragon Age: Origins. The word of mouth surrounding this game was not good, but I chalked it down to EA hate. Not only is the hate warranted, it's deserving. Fetch quests galore, empty pointless maps, terrible characters/dialogue/story, I could go on and on.
I put in 6 hours before I had enough. After playing TW3 & HZD, Inquisition just feels like a chore to play on top of being boring.

Fist game this gen that I had to call quits on.
How this game scored 89 on metacritic and won numerous GOTY awards is baffling.
Would not recommend to my worst enemy.

The franchise is dead to me.
/Rant over

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

inxy

Can anyone recommend The Golf Club 2 if I'm looking for some thing more then EA's title?

inxy

elliethewolf

Hey ! The Last of Us is by far the best game lol i'm so biased but hopefully you're enjoying it! If anyone wants to add my new gaming account on instagram its elliethewolf97, i just want to make lots of friends and will be posting. If anyone's interested just give me a follow and i'll follow back (gaming community only) i'm an antisocial girl lol and want some fun people

yO name's Gabriella, Ellie or Elle is fine lol, my fave games are the last of us, beyond two souls, black ops 2- (most of the call of duties), wolfenstein, silent hill series etc. Follow me on instagram- elliethewolf97 for a follow back. Gaming friends are fine by me

Th3solution

I know it's a strange question but, does anyone have a recommendation between these three games that I have sitting in my PS4 backlog - Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, and Shadow of Mordor. I need to play all of them, but which should take priority?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution Have you got the season pass for FFXV? As much as I love the game the story has been butchered. Events happen and it's just ignored. Those events are addressed in the dlc- episodes Gladio, Prompto & Ignis. Episode Ignis isn't out till December, so I would wait till then. Also FFXV is constantly being updated, so the longer you wait the better (in theory) it gets.

I'd go Persona 5, SoM, FFXV. Puts some distance between the JRPGs.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight I don't have the season pass, but what you say does make sense. Final Fantasy is one of my great first gaming loves, but I have read that there is ongoing improvement of this installment. That's about what I was leaning toward — P5 first, and then wait on FFXV for now as the updates roll in. SoM was one I missed initially but heard great things about and then picked it up last month on a whim when the PSN sale had it dirt cheap. With a sequel in the wings, I am interested to play it too.

How about The Last Guardian? It's on my "to play" list but I'm still waiting on a price drop on it. (It's $40 on average right now, but I have a hunch within the next year it will be less than $30) Does it need to be a high priority to play or am I correct in my thinking that it is a game that is good, but not transcendent, and I'm not missing out by leaving it alone for now?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic