Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 321 to 340 of 640

themcnoisy

@Mega-Gazz normal, but as kratos mentions you may get unlucky in a battle and it sucks out the fun. Retreading the whole section. Theres no right or wrong but I would say normal.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

@Mega-Gazz I recommend playing on hard. It's a very old battle system and increasing the importance of every move can be a way to make things more exciting. Story is good.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Dichotomy

@Mega-Gazz For me it would depend how easy you find the combat in previous Personas. If you breezed through P4G on normal then you will likely do the same with P5 on normal making the combat pretty boring. Harder difficulties require you to use more items tactfully and make the combat less dull imo as strategy becomes much more important. The bits people get insta-killed on will be present whether you play on normal or hard+ if you never stocked the correct item/have the correctly leveled Persona so that shouldn't really be a consideration - e.g. a despair on the main character will be game ending no matter the difficulty if you don't have anything to deal with it.

Ultimately I'd say if you are in the game just for the story stick it on the easiest difficulty as combat will be dull if you have a decent level of proficiency from previous titles even on normal. If you want combat to be more satisfying then stick it on hard and figure out which social links will assist you most as well as how to utilise items to their fullest. There is no real wrong answer though

Dichotomy

Th3solution

A little Persona 5 advice please. I’m having trouble with demon negotiation and getting enemies to join me. I did a little reading online and I know the whole trick of looking at their personality and then choosing the answers they should like based on that. The responses are supposed to be “serious/vague/kind/funny.” For the life of me sometimes I can’t tell a vague response from a serious one. Or even a kind one from a vague one. Funny responses are usually the easiest to pick out, but not always. Playing today, I had a couple rounds with enemies and I was sure I selected the right responses for their personality, but they still didn’t join, and sometimes you have to fight them again if you fail! Also, leveling up the Lovers confidant is supposed to help with negotiation, but I’m not seeing that it has helped at all (I think I have it at level 6). It supposed to grant a skill where you get an extra chance if you fail and the “crocodile tears” one where I think it supposed to make the negotiation easier. I see no change. Am I doing something wrong? I’ve about given up on recruiting persona and might just have to try and fuse them all myself. I miss the card system of Persona 4 😅.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Victor_Meldrew

@Th3solution i honestly just guessed, i have no idea if the politician confidant helps but it was the first I maxed out, perhaps it helps in negotiation...

Victor_Meldrew

themcnoisy

@Th3solution I had that issue, also in an unrelated game LA Noire in ragards to the result not being what I thought was correct.

I basically binned it off and put whatever I felt was best and just recruited them through execution and grabbing random ones hitting shadows in the back (you get a confidant ability at some point which randomly gives you personas through this).

Ive come so close to selling P5 on. Is it worth a second run through?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Thanks. I was starting to wonder what I was doing wrong. I guess it’s just supposed to be fairly random.
I am really enjoying being back in the game after a little break. I’m still only 25 or so hours in and I think it might be fun to play a second playthrough because I feel like I’m missing stuff this first time. But 100 hrs is a lot to spend in one game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NathanUC

I feel like there was SOME logic to it. You had to match the personality of the persona with it's response type. Maybe I was just finding patterns that weren't there though.

@Th3solution I finished almost exactly at 100 hours on my first playthrough and took a few month break. While waiting for MH, I've been working on my second playthrough and can say it's a very different experience. Because you aren't focused on story or timelines, you can relax a bit and spend time doing things you might not have felt compelled to during the first playthrough. Even skipping all dialog, I'm already at 20 hours and still not finished (maybe like 10 hours left if I don't grind anything), so it's certainly still a lot of time to put in, but I absolutely enjoy every hour of it. If you don't, you might just finish the story and call it done. There IS a true ending if you play it a second time a certain way.

I'm also into trophies, so the second run has been a fun run gathering all the ones I missed out on.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Jaz007

So I’m loving this game.the story and art are fantastic. Pretty good battle system too. And any game that can make me feel like I’m about to have fun because about to do something stupid with the guys deserves props. I do wish the battle system didn’t have the game end if your character went down though. It makes no sense as it doesn’t matter if the others go down and it’s fine. At the least have them go to autopilot or something, but game over me because my character randomly got attacked more than the others. Also, ever game should have FFX’s list of who goes when in the battle.

Jaz007

Jaz007

Also, quick question, I understand there’s such a thing as valtine day massacres in Persona games if you date too many girls. Without spoilers, how many can I date while still being safe from it?

Jaz007

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Jaz007 Once you go past the point of no return and your fully committed I would stick to one girl.
Otherwise you're going to have a BAD time.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jaz007

@Fight_Teza_Fight One? That's it. That's kinda sad. I thought phantom thieves were supposed to steal hearts. Not a heart. That also seems a bit excessive of a limit for a valentines day massacre.

Jaz007

Jaz007

Another questions. So I just met the Flrtune teller and I understand she can rank up relationships for me eventually. This doesn’t skip any events with dialogue does it? Or if it can, how to avoid the “you spent time with them” but get no character advancement waste?

Jaz007

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Jaz007 Doesn't skip any events. It just raises the social stat. You still have to complete the event to rank up.
You just miss out on some fluff repeat dialogue. Nothing major.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight @Jaz007 I just maxed out Lovers Arcana and so I decided to romance Ann, even though I haven’t even added the last two girls to my group yet. I’m going to take my chances with the Valentines Day massacre and try to achieve a harem play through. 😂 I wonder if your given the opportunity to romance the twins at max social link.

Jaz007

Okay, so I'm 75 hours and still mostly addicted. It's also about the time where you can start forming romantic relationships. So after being warned, I figured I'd just get the valentines massacre since it didn't seem too bad from what I heard about it and it's a 115 hour game. So I got in a relationship with Takemi, but Mokota is my favorite, but as a started a relationship with her, I felt bad. I really did. I might have only dated her had I realized I'd feel this way. I never feel bad about something dumb like this when I play a game. Never. Persona 5 why do you play with my emotions?! Now that valentines day scene might kill from what I've heard of it. Oh well, it's too late to turn back now.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 What, no love for Ann? 🤨

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Jaz007 My man! I was exactly the same way. Went for Takemi first, realized she would eventually break my heart, settled for Makoto.

I beat Persona 4 Dancing All Night on Vita. Highly recommended to anyone that enjoyed Persona 4 Golden. I don't even like rhythm games, but this one was tremendous & it had a great story.

I've been pretty vocal about my dislike for P4G, but I've got a whole new found level of appreciation for the cast following P4DAN.
Enjoyed this so much that I'm almost certainly going to double dip for Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night to get the preorder bonuses on PS4 & Vita (PS4 gets P4DAN port).

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.