Forums

Topic: No Mans Sky

Posts 241 to 260 of 274

kyleforrester87

How is the update?

I won't get chance to play it for a week or so. Would be nice to hear what you guys think.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

Downloading it right now. Will be playing it tomorrow in the afternoon.

Kidfried

Th3solution

I’m wondering if we have some early impressions yet. I haven’t got around to it, and I’m waiting to hear before I relegate my current games to the “sidelog” in favor of NEXT if the buzz is positive. The lack of posts perhaps means either A) everyone is as busy as I am and hasn’t had time to delve into it, B) the update is so good that no one wants to peel themselves away from their PS4 long enough to post thoughts, or C) it is so bad and/or broken that no one has spent enough time on it to comment.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

tatsumi

@Th3solution I haven't played a lot of the original NMS, but I still feel quite a difference after the update.
The game generally looks better and feels more mature. Although the games seems to be a bit more difficult at its base level, where the crafting got a bit more complex (e.g. refueling the aircraft takes more work now). But all in all it has a more rewarding effect in my opinion. Also base building feels more rewarding.
On the PS4 unfortunately I experience a crash every few minutes, so I am playing on my Xbox now.

I have not tried Multiplayer though, since I am currently just focused on getting as far as quick as possible.
I feel the game is definitely more fun now. I like the third-person view, which to me feels more immersive right now. The universe also feels more lively, as they improved the stations, added more aliens to them and made them more spacious, like little social hubs that are perfect to have various players join you there.
I really don't know how to describe it. It just feels like a more complete and coherent game now.

Edited on by tatsumi

tatsumi

Th3solution

@tatsumi Thank you for those thoughts! Exactly what I was wondering. It makes me a little more excited to try it, but you’re now the second person who has mentioned the PS4 crashes. @MattyHammo posted that deleting your game save file fixes the crashes, but that doesn’t sound enticing at all. I’m pretty skeptical to try it if it’s gonna crash relentlessly. Maybe I’ll wait for a patch.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Honestly, I think I am a couple of updates behind now.

I won't start a discussion on the merits of NMS at release (I got what I expected, and enjoyed it) - but even after the base and land vehicle update, I really felt like I was playing something quite different. Different enough that it put me off playing.

My point is, with NEXT, I think I will just delete my save and start again.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, the more I read about the changes, the more I suspect I might have to start over. Apparently the blueprints and elements aren’t even necessarily the same anymore. As a trophy hunter of sorts, that hurts my heart, since as I recall the trophies are all cumulative types of things (discover so many plants and animals, so many alien words, walk so many steps, etc) C’est la vie.

Kidfried

@Th3solution The strange thing is, they apparently included a tutorial for some of the new stuff, but you only get that tutorial when you start over. So to be able to continue my game I had to look up on the internet wiki's how a lot of the basics work.

I also lost kind of random things here and there. I kept all the words I learned for the Gek, but the words in other languages my character forgot about. And the game doesn't even try telling you what's up. And this ties into my main complaint against this game.

Sure, there isn't a lot of hand holding, which I like in most games, but this game is way too convoluted (also thanks to the updates) for any of it. My primary reaction when I need something built is to open the internet browser on my phone to look up how something needs to be done. Often when you're presented with a choice it feels like someone tells you to pick a card without telling what any of the cards mean.

The game is all about management, but management isn't fun when you have no idea which way you need to be headed. Playing without guide often feels like playing poker with a deck of which you don't know what cards are in them.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Quintumply Sorry, Read your post only this morning, but I'm definitely in for some coop soon.

Kidfried

Hego

I’m up for meeting up with peeps and making a Push Square colony 😜 played a few hours of the update, I’ve been pretty impressed with it, MP works really well apart from one bug which crashed my game when I was on another players freigher and he tried to warp out of the system. He also had audio trouble hearing the other two people in his group after the warp. The starting missions have been rejigged to make them a bit more involved and interesting, the refinery is a cool addition too. And I’ve noticed it’s a lot easier to make warp cells now so you can travel through system faster. Anyone looking for some MP give me a shout or jump in my game whenever 🙂

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

HeyDrumstickGuy

Yeah I'm down to join a Push Square clan.

As for bugs, I fell through the floor of my freighter and couldn't get to my grave because it was inside the freighter which sucked. Few performance issues as well, but enjoying regardless

HeyDrumstickGuy

PSN: SEQUENCE_011235

Hego

So with the Beyond update, wondering have many people jumped back into NMS and what are your thoughts of the update in general?

Hego

RogerRoger

@Hego The game remains installed on my PS4, and I've watched every big update download and install itself with the full intention of booting it up and giving it another try... and then, for some reason, I just don't. A couple days pass and I completely forget about it.

Is that wrong of me? Are you playing it and, if so, do you recommend it? If so, what mode?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Hego @RogerRoger I played it after the Atlas update and thought it was really good but repetitive but a good chillout game.

I am intrigued by every big update but there’s games I haven’t played to try first.

Thrillho

Hego

@RogerRoger haven’t played the new update yet as I’m in the middle of moving house, I’d recommend normal mode which keeps things interesting with survival elements but isn’t too overbearing 🙂

Hego

RogerRoger

@Hego Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for when I get the bug again.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.