Forums

Topic: No Mans Sky

Posts 261 to 274 of 274

Elodin

Purchased a PS5 and thought what game should I start with that can be upgraded to PS5. I saw No Mans Sky as an option and thought what a great way to see the new updates and 4k. I haven't played in 2 years. I think I logged in once in 2019 but not for long. Unlike many, I liked it on release. The planet to planet in and out of space was amazing to me. Yes they promised more, but then that was enough for me. Now, on PS5 WOW. All the new updates. Obviously prettier on PS5, but the game itself is amazing. Living ships, animal companions you can outfit, breed to change, and ride, the amount of missions greatly increased as well as more frequent animal encounters. My current goal is getting to the center of the universe, but I keep getting sidetracked and then sidetracked from the sidetrack. Kudos to Hello Games for sticking with it and making a truly wonderful game experience.

Elodin

Thrillho

@Elodin It's a game I'd love to give another go at some point as I also enjoyed my time with it.

I played it around the end of 2017 after it was on sale for £10! That was after the Atlas update so they had introduced the central story by that point as well as base building. I loved what they had achieved by that point and so many of the new updates seem to have done loads more for the game.

Maybe the move to PS5 will also make me finally give it another go!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Elodin @Thrillho I too keep meaning to try this again, especially with it receiving a ps5 update. I got it at launch and did enjoy it, but ended up getting a bit bored of the gameplay loop after about 30 hours or so. Not played it since then which was before any if the updates, so will most likely feel like a different game at this point.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Elodin

@JohnnyShoulder @Thrillho I highly recommend diving in again. Going to the Anomaly, a multi player hub/mission collecting area is a great place to start. You can buy many upgrades for you ship, suit and multitool there. Although I am a solo player it is a great place to meet people if you want to join a group as well.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

@Elodin Yeah I'll very much be a solo player too. Did you start new game or could you continue from an existing save?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Elodin

@JohnnyShoulder I continued from an existing save. I first had to update the game on my ps4 then once you select the game, at the bottom is upload saves to ps5. Then on your ps5 you can load the ps4 saves. I youtube'd it. I thought I lost my all my progress when I first loaded the game on my ps5 and saw no saves as I thought I downloaded all via the psplus cloud saves. It has to be done as I said above. Glad it worked as I had a great ship, nice freighter, and 160 mil. On my saved game. Hope my convoluted explanation helps. To infinity and beyond. So say we all. And any other space quotes...

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

@Elodin Nice one, thanks for explanation. I seem to remember reading a similar process for other PS4 games which have recieved a PS5 update. Live long and prosper. 🖖

Thrillho

@Elodin Damn, that’s a lot of game for me to redownload on my PS4 to transfer the save data!

I had hit the centre of the galaxy but it would be good to still have whatever money etc I had but mostly to keep all the languages I’d spent so long learning.

Thrillho

Throb

I invested a lot of time when this first came out. I'm really keen on booting this up on PS5 but am really considering starting all over because of all the changes made to the game. Has anyone tried this or is it better to continue from an existing save and working out the new stuff from there?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Th3solution

@Throb I have a similar question. I do think I’m leaning toward starting over if I play it on PS5. I didn’t even try the last two major updates and pretty sure I’ll need to go through tutorials again.

I assume this is a free upgrade if we own the PS4 version, right?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Throb

@Th3solution Yeah, i put my PS4 disc in about an hour ago and you just go over to the upgrade for free option, it was only 12gb

Elodin

@Th3solution @Throb yes it is a free upgrade. Starting over does have the advantage of a tutorial and tips, but there are tips throughout and youtube/Internet for things you forgot. I didn't start over as I really disliked the limited space I had on my ship and suit at the beginning. Jumping in an old save isn't that bad. I started to remember some things and looked up things I forgot from my 2 yr hiatus. Also anything new that you haven't done has a bit of a guide anyway. Hope this helps.

Elodin

Elodin

I also want to add that my game crashes whenever I try to enter a portal, at least the ones on a planet where you use glyphs. I tried 4 times, using different glyphs as well. Hopefully a minor glitch and the next one I find on a different planet works

Elodin

Throb

@Elodin I've just gone straight from scratch and dived in

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.