Forums

Topic: No Mans Sky

Posts 221 to 240 of 274

Throb

I love this game but i'm not sure what else I can do now? I've done the Atlas path (failed because I sold the first few stones). I now have about 165,000 light years to get to the centre, I have upgraded my hyperdrive to Theta and still only manage maybe 500 light years per jump. So it looks like i've got to do another 330 jumps to get to the centre without anything else to do in the meantime? Seems a bit steep. Am I missing something anyone?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Mega-Gazz

Throb wrote:

I love this game but i'm not sure what else I can do now? I've done the Atlas path (failed because I sold the first few stones). I now have about 165,000 light years to get to the centre, I have upgraded my hyperdrive to Theta and still only manage maybe 500 light years per jump. So it looks like i've got to do another 330 jumps to get to the centre without anything else to do in the meantime? Seems a bit steep. Am I missing something anyone?

Nope, that's it. And BTW at the centre there isn't anything special, without any cutscene it just flies you back to the edge of a new galaxy and shipwrecks you.. The game is best played without goals.

Mega-Gazz

kyleforrester87

@Throb: Yeah, I'd say stick it on the shelf for a bit and see what updates they bring out, unless you want to keep exploring planets for the hell of it to see what's out there.

Once you are in the headspace of making a b-line for the centre you might as well stop playing IMO.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Throb

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@Throb: Yeah, I'd say stick it on the shelf for a bit and see what updates they bring out, unless you want to keep exploring planets for the hell of it to see what's out there.

Once you are in the headspace of making a b-line for the centre you might as well stop playing IMO.

@kyleforrester87 yeah, it pretty much seems that way at the moment, which is a shame

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

kyleforrester87

@Throb: Yeah I guess, but hopefully you got a good few hours out of it, and the updates should be a good reason to come back.

kyleforrester87

andreoni79

@Shellcore: Thanks. Reading other posts I decided I'd better wait for other updates. Don't know why, but here in Italy it's impossible to find a used copy otherwise I'd already bought one.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Elodin

Finally got around to playing No Mans Sky with regularity. I love it. It is exactly what I thought it would be. Maybe the update has helped, but for me it is a great game. I have read some of the negative reviews and it seems most wanted multi-player, but the statements made suggested it would be very limited at best. For me the solo experience is amazing. To go from planet to planet to space station to freighter seemlessly, is jaw dropping. Yes it can start to get repetitive, but then I will go on to something else and just come back when I want to relax more.

Elodin

Quintumply

@Elodin: Glad you're having a good time with it. It's such a shame that No Man's Sky carries around this stigma, because I do think it's actually rather good. The update added quite a lot, including graphical/performance tweaks. The game is in a much better state now than when it launched, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else they add in the future.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Elodin

@Quintumply: I now here of a new update including land vehicles coming soon.

Way to go Hello Games. Even with the early backlash they keep coming back with fresh new free updates.

Elodin

BoyFromMars82

Started playing No Man's Sky this week. I am really enjoying it. I quite enjoy managing the limited inventory and the excitement of what I am going to encounter next. I can see where some people have complaints e.g. a slightly different shade of rock but I just see passed this. Whether it's because I read so many reviews and watched videos before buying it, it has adjusted my expectations. Looking forward to jumping back in and see what's next.

BoyFromMars82

PSN: BoyFromMars82

apella

Yeah, it's probably all about price we paid for a game. I paid $79CAD. Same price as Uncharted4, Tomb raider etc...

BoyFromMars82

@apella I very rarely buy games near release date as I like to soak up the reviews and feedback. Nothing worse then dropping a load of money on something I don't like

BoyFromMars82

PSN: BoyFromMars82

Kogorn733

Is this game worth getting now? I remember reading that it was pretty bare bones at launch but have no clue how it's evolved since. I recently bought a PS4 so I wanted to check and see. Thanks!

Kogorn733

andreoni79

I got the game on sale after the Foundation Update and stopped playing once finished the "main story". I started a new game few days ago, after the Atlas Update and the patch 1.35. The game now is really different from what it was at launch and considering that it's very cheap I finally feel free to suggest it to everyone.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

kyleforrester87

So are we getting together after the update or what?

Annoyingly I will be without Internet for a while from next week once I'm in my new place, but I'd like to have a session once I'm up and running.

kyleforrester87

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.