Forums

Topic: E3 2014

Posts 1 to 20 of 66

Scollurio

Lets discuss our impressions here as the E3 unfolds.
I personally can't wait and believe that we're in for some surprises. I'm not with the naysayers that fear Sony has nothing up their sleeves. They have to. Why else would they make such an effort as the live-streaming app on PSN and showing their conference in select theatres in america. Surely not because it's going to be a bummer right?

Im also curious about some news from Nintendo (just to see what they are planning for the Wii U) and also about MS - even though I don't expect too much. Not wanting to sound like a fanboy but Sony was really kicking MS since the announcements of the consoles - I think they'll continue this trend and MS will continue their trend to copy whatever Sony is doing.

Thoughts?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Midget_Sammi

Just booked Wednesday off work so I can watch Sony's E3 (i'm in the UK!) so I really hope they have something good to show! Hopefully not too much on Morpheus and some focus on Vita would be lovely but not holding my breath!Getting so hyped now!

Really looking forward to Nintendo been on the fence about buying a wii U so if they play their cards right might be buying one at the weekend - wish they implement a trophy system then i wouldn't have second thoughts!

Not expecting much from Microsoft and will only watch out of interest.

Midget_Sammi

Scollurio

SO.... I wasn't impressed by what MS was showing. Not saying this for obvious reasons but it was really really lackluster in my book. Anyone sharing the same sentiment?

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Gamer83

I was really impressed with MS' show. I don't know what more people could've asked. You love indies? It had indies. Great third party content? There. First Party? Check. I am disappointed about Forza Horizon 2 though. Like DriveClub, it looks like a game I could've enjoyed but 30 fps for racing games is unacceptable. All in all though I was impressed and I'm definitely getting an Xbox One at some point probably this year. Now to see what Sony and Nintendo have, since I already have those systems, I hope to be even more impressed though from Nintendo I'm obviously not expecting much, if anything, on the third party front which is a damn shame.

Gamer83

sackninja

In the pc hardline beta. Hype!!!! I actually liked the Ea conference. And Project spark would make me buy an xbone if it wasn't on pc aswell.

sackninja

PSN: pokersean

BL_Donth

Microsoft's conference was alright. It was a lot better than last year's. I still don't plan on buying an Xbox One though.

Scollurio
Gamer83

I was really impressed with MS' show. I don't know what more people could've asked. You love indies? It had indies. Great third party content? There. First Party? Check. I am disappointed about Forza Horizon 2 though. Like DriveClub, it looks like a game I could've enjoyed but 30 fps for racing games is unacceptable. All in all though I was impressed and I'm definitely getting an Xbox One at some point probably this year. Now to see what Sony and Nintendo have, since I already have those systems, I hope to be even more impressed though from Nintendo I'm obviously not expecting much, if anything, on the third party front which is a damn shame.

Halo has long oustayed it's welcome for me personally, even though I was a huge fan (read all the novels of Nylund etc...) it's just not the same anymore. Everything else they showed was either not impressive or also on PS4, so for me, really MS was exactly what I expected.

I'd love Nintendo to show something. SOME thing that's turning the tide for them, or at least, doing at least  A LITTLE BIT for their sales. I love Nintendo but they keep screwing up for a while now in my book.

And Sony, I think there will be 1 or 2 surprises there, why else would they stream their briefing to select theatres in the US? To show something mediocre? Nah!
Sony had a rough start (due to their own faults) in the last gen, but this gen, Sony is on fire, and they'll continue to do so - at least that's my prediction!

#supportindies

Gamer83

Well, I don't really think, outside of sales, that Sony is on fire, but I guess it's just a matter of what you're looking for. For me Sony's first party games so far have missed the mark (even inFamous: Second Son which was very good but over quickly and severely lacking in certain areas that keep it from reaching the pinnacle of the genre) and this year there really aren't any exclusives headed to either PS4 or X1 that stand out to me except Sunset Overdrive. I'm still into Halo though so next year I'm looking forward to Halo 5, Crackdown 3 and Quantum Break is currently my most anticipated game for 2015 because what Remedy is trying to pull off is the kind of stuff I'm expecting from these new consoles. As far as the theatre thing Sony is doing, I don't read too much into it other than just a way to build more hype. Obviously I don't think Sony would do this if it had a mediocre showing but I don't think it necessarily means it has huge surprises either. I still think if I had to make a prediction, it'd be like MS' show. Safe but with good-great content, just hope it has as much content that impresses me as MS' show did.

Gamer83

Scollurio
Gamer83

Well, I don't really think, outside of sales, that Sony is on fire, but I guess it's just a matter of what you're looking for. For me Sony's first party games so far have missed the mark (even inFamous: Second Son which was very good but over quickly and severely lacking in certain areas that keep it from reaching the pinnacle of the genre) and this year there really aren't any exclusives headed to either PS4 or X1 that stand out to me except Sunset Overdrive. I'm still into Halo though so next year I'm looking forward to Halo 5, Crackdown 3 and Quantum Break is currently my most anticipated game for 2015 because what Remedy is trying to pull off is the kind of stuff I'm expecting from these new consoles. As far as the theatre thing Sony is doing, I don't read too much into it other than just a way to build more hype. Obviously I don't think Sony would do this if it had a mediocre showing but I don't think it necessarily means it has huge surprises either. I still think if I had to make a prediction, it'd be like MS' show. Safe but with good-great content, just hope it has as much content that impresses me as MS' show did.

Fair enough mate. I plat'ed Infamous rather quickly, liked it, but it's nothing stellar really. Im still enjoying Watch Dogs a lot and for me, personally, I don't look at exclusives only, I had many reasons to pick Sony (even if it's just that its the "more sympathic" big corporation compared to MS) and Im happy about multiplat titles just as much as I am about exclusives. I always try to give certain games a chance and - for example Watch Dogs - enjoy the heck out of them. Even Infamous was great as long as it lasted. So next thing Im picking up is Diablo 3 for PS4. All I'd love to have now on top of that would be ONE surprise, a teaser of Uncharted 4, maybe GTA 5 on PS4 (NOT happening during E3, I know) and the common info on the games that "are still coming" and I'm happy!

#supportindies

Gamer83

@Scollurio
I made a whole long post about Nintendo in the comment section for one of the articles Sammy wrote about MS' E3 conference. Should've just posted that here. But hopefully you'll find it and respond, I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Also, I'm with you on the mutliplats, most of my favorite games are multiplatform, but it is the exclusives that help define a brand, that's why I hold those releases in high regard, and since the PS2 era, I've enjoyed Sony's first and second party offerings more than even Nintendo's, so that's why I'm a little disappointed what's happened here early on. Don't want to imply that inFamous: Second Son is bad though, I found it slightly disappointing but compared to many other games, it's still great just thought it could use some work in certain areas like side activities and interaction with the open world. Both areas where Watch Dogs, GTA and AC destroy it.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

CanisWolfred

I hope Sony's conference doesn't go too long and bores me to tears like it does every year. Even when the games are good, they always find some way to make it dull. :/ I also hope they show Vita and PS3 games, though. Even if its just a montage for the PS3. Don't leave Vita as a montage, though.

Nintendo's better be good, too, but I have much more confidence in them to put on a good show.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83
CanisWolfred

I hope Sony's conference doesn't go too long and bores me to tears like it does every year. Even when the games are good, they always find some way to make it dull. :/ I also hope they show Vita and PS3 games, though. Even if its just a montage for the PS3. Don't leave Vita as a montage, though.

Nintendo's better be good, too, but I have much more confidence in them to put on a good show.

With Nintendo's digital show, I'd imagine it'll be easy to edit out boring parts. But, I always find Nintendo's shows, live or otherwise, pretty entertaining even if the content disappoints me to no end like in 2008. Horrible games on display that year but the Wii Music presentation was hilarious.

Gamer83

Jaz007

EA's conference was disappointing. Nothin new was announce that got me excited. Battlefront  and Mirror's Edge were good, that was it. I really wanted something good that's new announced, espcially a new Star Wars game. That's what I wanted the entire conference, and nothing.
I think Sony's gonna have something up it's sleeve, like it was said before, they are really pushing it with the PS4 app and theaters. I think it will surprise is all, I think a killer will be announced. Something in reserve, they haven't needed to announce till now. They've been doing too good so far not be prepared to overtake MS's conference. And as for inFamous, I think it definitely delivered, a little more content (or at say the option to take the districts more than once) and I new game plus would have been nice, but outside of that it delivered. I played it almost every day for a month after I got it.

Jaz007

Victor_Meldrew

Witcher 3 has stole show so far, ea wasn't great apart from golf and battlefront.

Victor_Meldrew

Squiggle55

I'm actually hoping for a sizable update on Morpheus.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Jaz007

I just came up with a theory. Sony still has bunch of unfulfilled  ptomaines from the reveal. I think there is a good chance that a PS4 update will ready by the end o tr conference, or soon after, that will add the ability to pause a game instandby mode, tr ability to take over for a friend from a different Ps4, as all other promises they made.

Jaz007

Gamer83

@Jaz007

I guess compared to Watch Dogs, inFamous: Second Son just seems kind of 'empty' to me. I don't know. I won't turn this into a debate thread over those two games, but just want to make sure, people know I'm not saying it's bad by any means. It's just that after taking some time to think it over after completing the game, I wouldn't quite put it up there with the first two. Still, can't wait for a sequel if Sucker Punch is up to making one, I could understand if the studio would like to do something different first though and eagerly await word on whatever is next from those guys and gals.

Gamer83

Scollurio

Sonys Briefing was beyond epic!
No games? No surprises? Think again! There was just so much! Did you see how gta5 looks on ps4? The bloaters and clickers in Diablo 3? No mans sky?
Absolutely stunning! I might even get THe Last of Us again!!

#supportindies

CanisWolfred

What surprises? You mean all the ports of year-old games? Yeah, that was as surprising as a punch to the face...

Seriously, that was as bad as I expected. I might consider Vita TV, and of course I'll pick up Grim Fandango, but that's just a remake. Otherwise the best in show was No Man Sky, which we already knew about.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83

@Scollurio

I wasn't quite that enthusiastic, but I will say it was a good show, better than I expected.

Gamer83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.