Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 481 to 500 of 634

Kidfried

@Draco_V_Ecliptic It's been a really long time since BloodBorne for me, but I'd love to try it again like this. I'll download it again this week!

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Sorry I don't quite understand what you are asking? Are you asking the people that you tagged for help with a boss, or if there are many people around generally that still play the game?

If it is the former I'm afraid I've not played the game in ages so would need time to spruce up my skills, and am in the middle of playing FFVII at the moment. If it is the latter I'm not aware of any communities around, but you are probably better off just trying to summon someone in the game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Severian

Here's a regional save and DLC fail. I have the Asian physical edition from HK and then bought the complete edition digitally on sale today for my American PSN account.

I was initially waiting for a sale on the DLC from the US store, but researching showed that even if I bought that, it wouldn't be compatible with my Asian edition...

To make matters worse, there goes my 160 hours of gameplay in the Asian edition and my level 140 character with all weapons upgraded just short of a blood rock, high insight from an exploit, and a lot of coldbloods, saved just before Mergo... And of course now getting used to using X to confirm instead of O.

This is all for DLC that only works for an American physical or digital copy...I have had too many fails having a US account and buying Asian or European physical games when they don't have US versions. Not interested in opening another account for the different regions and stores as the trophies don't go between accounts either.

Severian

Black_Swordsman

@Severian Sounds like a big disappointment then? I'm sorry that happened to you. I loved Bloodborne on my first playthrough, but, as it's such an enjoyable game, it might just be worth starting over, you can access the DLC fairly early in the game.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Severian

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, it’s enjoyable, and it’s also my first soulsborne game. It’s the kind of attachment one gets to their first play through and character plus the fact I managed to get so much insight and coldstones accumulated. So leveling up wouldn’t be the issue (even if I like being OP), but the weeks spent in Cainhurst getting bloodstone chunks off gargoyles is going to be the main gripe for me.

Severian

johncalmc

@Severian It's been a rough morning so I might be missing something here, but why can't you just carry on playing the game? Does a save from the HK version not load with the US version?

johncalmc

Twitter:

johncalmc

@Severian Ouch. That's brutal. Honestly I'd skip the DLC and just stick with my HK version if that's an option. The DLC is good but I don't know if it's play the whole game again good.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Severian

@johncalmc Yeah, I mentioned this on another board and one person said to join some of the chalice dungeons for their exploits as level won't be an issue, but rare bloodstone gems will be instead. The other option is a friend offered to join in PvP and just commit suicide a few times so I can get his blood echoes and then we can move through the game together until I'm ready for the both of us to do chalice dungeon diving together.

Severian

johncalmc

@Severian There's a few really good grinding spots in the game, too. Also the game is much faster once you know what you're doing.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

@Severian I love the DLC and can’t really stick the main game but I’d still recommend you stick with your HK file for now. You can always play the DLC on your other version if you decide to play the game again later on, this way you won’t have to lose that save file?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Severian

@nessisonett yeah I was close to the end for my HK disc, so I can potentially beat the game and do a practice NG+ run while OP to prepare for a completely new character in the digital edition and refresh my skills and the map. I put the game down in hopes of getting the DLC discounted, but it’s been months already and I was getting tired of waiting.

In retrospect, I could have just bought the digital package on the HK store, but this is the way the dice roll.

Severian

Severian

@johncalmc Yeah I know the grinding spots—that’s where my hours went for leveling up and collecting bloodstone chunks!

Severian

Rudy_Manchego

@Severian Hey I fell foul of this too. I accidentally bought a US copy of Bloodborne (didn't even realise), played it and was ready for the DLC only to find after buying the DLC that DLC and saves are not compatible.

I'm not sure if it is possible BUT could you try and purchase the DLC from a HK storefront or a code so that it is compatible? Might be risky but at least it would stop a replay.

In the end, to play the DLC, I started again from scratch which I actually really enjoyed because I had the hang of builds and what I wanted to go for

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Severian

@Rudy_Manchego that’s what I realized before—should have bought the HK version instead of the US version, but now I don’t want to buy the game a third time and see that they tell me it’s for the Singapore store like what they did with Street Fighter V for me!

Severian

JohnnyShoulder

@Severian The content on the store should default to your region that is set to the account you are using. Do you also have a Singapore account?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Severian

@JohnnyShoulder NOPE. It does not for Bloodborne or Street Fighter V, so I'm sorry to say it doesn't default to the account I am using, and while I do have a US and HK account, I opened a Singapore account for SFV and then decided ultimately that three accounts and no transfer of DLC between accounts isn't worth it.

With SFV, I had to open an SG account to get the DLC for SFVCE. But when I played the disc again on the US account, the DLC did NOT work--I had to be logged on to the SG account.

It is for this reason I am sticking to mostly digital on the PS games moving forward.

Severian

colonelkilgore

So the rumours were that Bluepoint are working on a Remaster and an original game at the moment. Now the rumours are that Remaster is Bloodborne and that original game is Bloodborne 2:

Obviously pinch of salt required… and ideally every Bloodborne fan would want FromSoft to make a sequel if it were to be made but it’s still exciting no doubt. If this does turn out to be true, a Bluepoint who have delved within the innards of Demons Souls and will get to poke around inside Bloodborne could be the next best thing.

**** DLC!

Mega-Gazz

I just want a simple 60fps patch with no frame pacing issues. Yes the frames are tied to game mechanics but Lance MacDonald did it already and the game didn’t break…..

Mega-Gazz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic