Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 501 to 520 of 634

colonelkilgore

@Mega-Gazz I get you… but as a platinum-hunter I want a remake (with all the bells and whistles like 60fps etc) so I can plat it all over again. If they just patch it, there will be no new trophy list 🥺.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

Nice to see people are still enjoying this gem. Definitely has the best pvp of all the Souls games. And the theme really is fantastic. The builds you can use in this do feel so varied, really love those trick weapons. I didn't mind the woods so much. I can't remember the name of the area, but where enemies auto revive was the most frustrating part for me.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 You are gonna have loadsa fun in the Nightmare Frontier! 🤣

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 Summoning NPC'S and real people is absolutely part of the game and not considered cheating. Anyone that says so is being a bit of a jerk.

The only thing that puts me off summoning randoms is that they could either be totally OP and just batter the boss, therefore taking away the enjoyment and accomplishment you get from defeating the boss. Or they could just troll you and do nothing, die quickly, making the boss more difficult as summoning increases the bosses health. So if you are gonna summon someone irl you are better doing it with someone you can trust, as you can set a password so you get no randoms.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying it and sounds like you are making good progress! Another tip is that if you have the dlc don't beat the final boss in the main game, as that means not being able to access it until you get to Catherdral Ward.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@velio84 hey dude, just thought I’d chip in on the Chalice Dungeons… so as far as ‘level’s’ go, they are a bit uninspired and even become a little boring the further you play through them… but (& it’s a big BUT) there are some phenomenal boss fights in the Chalice Dungeons. I’d argue that they’re worth playing around in a bit just for those.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 Good plan. Yeah I would place the DLC for both games at about the same level. I never did finish them both as got to the last boss in both of them.

colonelkilgore

@velio84 yeah Bloodborne was my first ever platinum and it’s a pretty good trophy list to be fair. And yes, you need to play through to (& beat) Yarnham… which takes a good chunk of time. You also need to collect a weapon that you can only obtain in the Chalice Dungeons.

If you try them, I’ll be interested to hear how you get on with the Chalice Dungeon Amygdala… for my money, the biggest challenge in the whole game (including the dlc bosses, who are also a big challenge).

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 It maybe not too bad if you go after these things, but personally I didn't bother even attempting the platinum, as with all other FromSoftware games it sounded like too much of ball ache to do. There are three different endings, so unless you save scum, multiple play throughs are required.

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 There are 3 separate ending trophies, each of which can only be unlocked once per play-through. If you would like to do this in a single play-through then be sure to back-up your save file to USB or Cloud first before talking to the final NPC. That way you can restore the save file multiple times to unlock the different endings in a single play-though. As Bloodborne is a PS4 game, you should still be able to do this on PS5.

I did this on Sekiro as I chose the 'wrong' ending, mistakingly thought I could go back if I did this. So I downloaded a save from the cloud. I still have that on a memory stick somewhere, but by the time was finished with Sekiro I was done with the game and didn't want my memory of the game tarnished by replay it.

For the trophy for obtaining all weapons, upon defeating the final boss you will also receive the Old Hunter Badge, which will allow you to purchase the final weapon required at the Bath Messengers for 60,000 Blood Echoes. This means that you may need to play NG+ briefly to accumulate the Echoes to buy the weapon and unlock the last trophy.

colonelkilgore

@velio84 nice work bud… and yeah the first few dungeons are quite ‘low level’ relatively speaking… but it certainly ramps up. I have read that the later dungeons (the later ones required for the platinum anyway) are somewhere akin to ng+4/ng+5. Because of this, I left them for last… well after completing the dlc but directly before the final boss of the ‘main story’, so I was at a high as level as I’d ever be during my playthrough.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@velio84 it’s been a good while so I couldn’t say for sure… was probably a wee bit higher than 80 though I’d imagine. Don’t forget though, you’ll start getting a load of blood echoes from the Chalice Dungeons anyway as you progress.

Also, you’ve probably heard this already but the dlc is incredible… probably the best content of the whole game. It’s good value too as it’s pretty large as far as dlc’s go.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Shinnok789

There are a lot of things to know about chalice dungeons.
For starters, they are split into 2 big categories: fixed and random.
Fixed - are the "storyline" ones, that you open using the normal chalices (not the Root ones).
Random - are randomly generated dungeons, that you can create after you get the "root" chalices. You receive them in the "fixed" dungeons, after you finish all the depths in each one of them.
You can create your own random dungeon, or you can use a glyph to access a random dungeon created by other players (and that's still active in the server).
Each dungeon you create from scratch, fixed or random, requires materials.
Using a glyph to load a random dungeon doesn't require any materials. But you have to have opened at least once the corresponding "fixed dungeon" chalice. Example: of you want to use a glyph to open a random Isz chalice, you need to have used at least once the "fixed" Isz chalice with that character.
Dungeons are not impacted by the New Game +, they remain the same difficulty wise even if you are at NG, NG+2 or NG+5.

Now - the most useful thing to remember is that you can use dungeons to vastly improve your build, much more than you can by only playing the story or DLC.
So, the main objective for dungeon playing should be : getting "better damage" blood gems than the ones you have. And/or special weapons in which to attach those gems, if you need special configurations.
The easiest way to achieve that goal is to search online for glyphs of random dungeons that can get you what you want directly, much faster than it would be to play random dungeons and hope for a good find.
In order to access any type of random dungeon you can find online, you must concentrate first on getting and using at least once all the "fixed dungeon" chalices you can.
Farm a bit for the necessary materials, if required, and open each one of them.
Then search online for random dungeons in which you can get good gems for your build (physical dmg, arcane, fire, bloodtinge etc).
There are "reversed depth" and "false depth" dungeons for example, that help a lot to get faster to the good "loot". All you need is the dungeon glyph. And there are quite a lot of sites with good/useful random dungeons glyphs, and a short description about what you find in each of them. "Toss a coin" to google, you will find them quick.
If the gem you need is dropped by an enemy, it's good, you can beat the dude, use a "bold hunter" to respawn and beat him again, until he drops what you need.
If the gem you need is dropped by a boss, you can use the "save scum" method to replay the boss over and over. This goes like this: play the dungeon until you get to the boss, then, before entering the door, quit the game. Exit the game entirely and copy the save on the cloud. Reopen the game, beat the boss. If you don't get what you need, exit the game entirely, and copy the save from the cloud back on the console. Repeat this step as many times as you need.

Here are 2 of the most useful glyphs to get you started:
1. rz2xju5h - tested today and it still works.
What you get: cursed radial physical damage gems, from 21% to 25.5% to physical, with various curses.
What you want is the highest % damage, with a curse like "ATK vs the Kin down xx%" or "increase stamina cost by xx%". Stay away from curses like "ATK down xx%" (it lowers all of the attacks, not just to a specific enemy type), health drain ones (don't remember the name), and lower weapon durability ones (you will need to repair the weapon very often).
What you need to do to get the gem is to beat up an enemy, a Merciless Watcher.
From the "Chamber of the seal" lamp, go forward and enter the first door on the left. Follow the path until you reach a circular room (you won't encounter any enemies until that room). The Merciless Watcher is in the center, but on the lower floor - it's a big fat dude with a club, can't miss him. Beat him up however you can, get the loot, use a "bold hunter" to reload and repeat. Don't worry about using "bold hunters", you get enough echoes by killing the enemy to buy them from the messenger store, a few dozen at a time. You can use at least one of the Moon and Heir Caryll runes, to increase the echoes gained.
Be careful that this is a reversed dungeon, the Merciless Watcher hits like a truck, 2-3 hits and you're dust. So stay on your toes, dodge, parry and visceral as much as you can. After 3-4 viscerals it goes down, at least for a low level character like 70-80. As you gain in levels, it will get much easier.
2. cummmfpk - tested today and it still works.
What you get : extremely easy blood echoes.
This can be considered a "cheat" dungeon, so use it if you want, or don't, your choice.
Before you enter it, equip all of the 3 Moon runes if you have them, or as many as you have.
Enter the "Chamber of the seal", and don't be scared about your health bar - you won't fight anyone.
Go to the first doorlike stone ark (it's just a few steps away after the lamp), stay under the ark and look left. You should see an enemy's health bar decreasing slowly, like it's being damaged by fire or smth. The enemy is a few rooms away, you can't see it directly, only it's health bar. Stay there until it's health bar is depleted, then continue to stay there for at least 3-5 more seconds. The time it takes for the blood echoes left by the enemy to get to you. With all 3 Moon runes you get around 143.000 echoes each time that enemy dies. With less runes it would be less, but not by much. After it's dead and you have the echoes, use a "bold hunter" to respawn. Rinse and repeat as many times as you feel necessary.
Keep in mind that for new players this dungeon it's mostly a cheat, and it kinda' ruins the game... It's a pity not to play the game as it is at least 2-3 times, because it helps you learn how to play the game, how to defeat any enemy you encounter.
What this dungeon is very useful for, is if you already played the game many times and just want to level up fast a character for a new build... it avoids the need to spend a lot of time to farm for echoes.

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

colonelkilgore

@velio84 nice dude, you’ll really enjoy it 👍… and hopefully you’ll be able to get that 3rd umbilical chord without having to start ng+.

**** DLC!

Shinnok789

@velio84 Yes, it's enough.
Trophies that require the player to play dungeons:

• Hunter's Essence - you need the Beast Claw weapon to complete it, and it's found in the Ailing Loran Chalice: Layer 2 - Treasure room. A thing to remember: you only need the main weapons for this trophy, and not their variations (uncanny, lost).
  • Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen - she is the final Boss from Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice.
    You will need to play a lot of "fixed" dungeons only to get the materials needed, and to get the chalice itself. Then and go through all of it's depths, only to get to her. The path to take is written here : https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Yharnam%2C+Pthumerian+...
    It's doable, but farming for better blood gems for extra damage will help a ton, especially for higher difficulty dungeons.
    Some enemies and bosses are very tough to beat.
    Especially the Watch Dog of the Old Lords, when he is in Cursed Pthumerian Chalice Layer 2.
    Because there is no NPC summon on that level, and your health is always at half throughout Cursed dungeons. He will give you a very hard time if you play alone and are not well equipped and at the top of your game. And this is just one example, there are others.
    Also farming for materials can be faster if you use random dungeons, in which to find quickly the needed stuff, preferably in the first depth layer (search online for what you need, usually you can find a good glyph for almost every "need").

Shinnok789

Shinnok789

@velio84 From what you've written, you've mixed up 2 builds, Strength and Arcane. That is not good.
You will have to make a choice, to concentrate on one of them.
If you've leveled up Strength as a stat, then use only Physical dmg Gems on the weapons.
If you add a Fire or Bolt gem on a weapon, it will convert all of that weapon's Physical damage into Elemental damage.
The problem is that in order to fully benefit from this Elemental damage, you need to have an Arcane build (invest first and foremost in the Arcane stat, instead of Strength).
Since you are a beginner, i recommend to stick to a Strength build. Arcane builds are much stronger in the end, but they take more time to develop, are harder to play until you place 50 points in Arcane and get the proper tools/weapons... you need to have a deeper knowledge of the game to make a proper Arcane char.
For now, a Strength build is simpler, easier.
If you need some Fire or Bolt applied to the weapon for bosses that are weaker to one of those elements for example, you can use Fire or Bolt papers on the weapon to give you a boost in damage on top of the Physical dmg (not instead of it).
So in the following rows I will concentrate only on the Strength build.
First of all:
1. stop using the Tonitrus, it's useless for a Strength based build, and mediocre as a weapon in general, even for Arcane builds (for which it was made).
2. Remove the Fire gem from the Cleaver, replace it with a Physical dmg gem, the best you have right now. You'll replace it soon enough with a better one - read below.
You've put the Fire gem in the 3rd slot of the Cleaver, so it's the Waning slot will remain free after you remove the gem (Waning = the BB official name for the semi-circle shaped slot or gem).
In order to "populate" that slot, you will need either a Waning physical dmg gem, or a Droplet gem (this one looks like a "dumpling", or a weird sphere).
Droplet gems can be used in any socket, no matter the shape. If you have 3 Droplet gems, for example, you can even place 2 of them in the Radial slots (the first 2 on the Cleaver).
Now I'll explain the fastest way to get such gems at your level.
I've seen you've already defeated Margo's Nurse, so you've already been through the Nightmare of Mensis area.
In this area you can get some good Cursed Droplet gems with +18%...19,5% to Physical dmg, and a cursed stat. They will add a good boost to your Cleaver's damage, that will help a LOT until you farm the Merciless Watcher I've mentioned in my previous post for even better gems.
Related to the Cursed Stats - I've already written above what cursed stats you're looking for, and which ones to stay away from, just re-read if necessary.
Now, there are 3+1 enemies that drop those gems in the Nightmare of Mensis, all of them Winter Lanterns.
3 of them are in close succession, and one is 2 minutes away on the same path.
Keep in mind that those enemies are some of the most dangerous in the game. They are not very difficult to beat, but you need to be very careful when you approach them, because they inflict Frenzy on you as soon as they see you.
Just like the Brain of Mensis did when you started the area, until you got in the first building.
When the Frenzy meter is full, your life will be instantly drained to almost empty - you've probably already saw this by now.
In order to mitigate Frenzy, there are some... solutions... you can apply:
1. get the 2nd Deep Sea Rune from the Forbidden Woods - it's located behind a pair of big Viper Pits (the big snake "knots") - look up a video on Youtube if you need a way to find it. I know the Woods like the back of my hand when I play, but it's hard to explain how to get there using only text - a video is best.
This Rune gives you +200 Frenzy resistance. Basically it will double your Frenzy bar, so it will take twice as much time to fill up - very useful. It will give you ample time to....
2. Use Sedatives - get 10 of them on you when you start farming for those gems. If your Frenzy meter is almost full, use one, and it will empty the meter. You can buy them from the Messenger Store if you need more.
3. Insight lowers the Frenzy resistance, so it would be useful to not have Insight on you, if you can. It's not imperative, but it can help a bit.
4. equip Attire that has high Frenzy resistance. Again, not imperative, but it helps. The Graveguard Set is good for Frenzy resistance, for example, it's also found in the Woods.
Ok, now for the Winter Lanterns.
They are in a Secret area in the Nightmare of Mensis.
This Secret area you'll want to go through, because it gives you "revenge" on the Brain of Mensis, and you will get a Blood Rock from the place where he was staying. This Blood Rock is one of the 2 that can actually be found in the game (and not bought from the Insight store, or found in the Dungeons). The other one is in the DLC, in the Fishing Hamlet, in an optional area.
Watch the video below, from 03:40 to 10:50 - it's exactly what you need to find the Secret area, defeat the Lanterns, deal with the Brain, and get the Blood Rock.

Keep in mind that:

• the Lanterns don't always drop gems, they can also drop Bullets. So it's possible that you'll need to farm them a few times until you get the gems you need, especially if you want to find ones with acceptable Cursed stats.
  • you find one 18% Physical dmg Droplet Gem in the same area as the 3 lanterns. Since it's a "pick up" item, as in found on the ground, you'll only get it once in this playthrough. But this Gem has no Cursed stats. So you can use it as soon as you find it.
    If you manage to equip 3 x 18%...19.5% Physical dmg Gems on the Cleaver, and you upgrade it to lvl +10 using the Rock, you'll have a very good weapon for your build.

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

Shinnok789

@velio84 No problem, glad it helped.
About the stats, for a Strength character build:
Strength - Get to 50 and stop. More that 50 won't help, it's a Soft Cap (over 50 you will need to invest 3-4 points to receive an increase in dmg - no longer worth investing in it)
Vitality - Get it up to 50 preferably (again, soft cap). Mix it up with...
Skill - get it to 40. If i remember correctly, once you reach 22-24 points it will start alternating between increasing the Cleaver's damage by 2 points for 1 invested point and 1 for 1. So mix it up with Vitality and get it as high as you can.
Endurance - leave it for last. If you manage to have enough stamina to swing the cleaver 6 times in a row, it's enough for a while. After you've exhausted Vitality and Skill, then you can consider bringing it up to 7 hits or 8, but not until then.
Bloodtinge - don't invest anything here. If you go for a character lvl of 200-300, you can invest in it after you've exhausted the 4 stats mentioned above.
Arcane - same as Bloodtinge - only if you go for a character level of 200-300 and you've exhausted the first 4 stats mentioned above.

About Insight - don't worry if you've spent it, you'll get more by doing Dungeons, since you get it from each of the bosses as well as Madman's Knowledge you will find along the way. Not to mention NG+ if you'll go for it.
If you go for a Character lvl of 200-300, you'll have enough insight to buy Blood Rocks to lvl up the weapons you want to use.

About other weapons for your build: you'll have to try and see which other weapons you prefer.
My most trusted weapon, for example, is the Saw Cleaver, no doubt. I know all of it's timings, it's advantages and limitations.. hell, it even got me the Platinum trophy. So it's clearly a very good one if properly enhanced.
I've seen many ppl use the Ludwig's Holy Blade... but I just couldn't get used to it. Try and see, maybe it will work for you. It stops mid swing if it hits a wall for example, it doesn't go "through" the wall like the Cleaver does... so it's a no go for me.
You can also try the Whirligig Saw found in the DLC. I've actually only used it once, with my second Character, to beat up Lady Maria, the arch enemy of my first character (I underestimated the importance of Parrying with the gun when i first played the game, so i couldn't get past her after 23 tries... I only understood it when i built my second char... so by using Parry with a combination of Whirligig cheese got her dead in 2 minutes on the first try).
A weapon I like as secondary, is Rakuyo (incidently, it's Lady Maria's weapon). But it's quite hard to get. You can find it in the Fishing Hamlet, and you need to kill 2 Shark Giants for it. They are extremely tough SOB's, it takes a lot of effort to beat only one, and you'll have to beat up 2, at the same time. However, you can cheese them in 2 ways:
1. Risky : use a Shaman Blade on one of them, so they fight each other until one of them dies.
2. Less risky but it takes 20-30 minutes to pull off : beat them up from the ledge overlooking the room they're in. You get to that ledge near the end of the level. Once there, use the Monocular to throw a Knife and hit the first Shark that's on the ground on the opposite side of the room, to get it's attention (the second one is on the ceiling, he will join the fight only after you get the health of the first one down to 50% - he's untouchable until then).
Once the fight starts, remain on the ledge, extend the Cleaver and use R1 attacks (swings up and down, and goes through the floor on the down swing - this is what you need here).
The shark will have an attack in which he throws himself on the ground while swinging his weapon 4-5 times.
Go towards the edge only when the shark gets below the ledge (you'll see) and he's near the end of this attack.
Hit him once or twice with R1 swings because it reaches through the floor, as i've said... then retreat.
You'll figure it out easily, it's harder to explain than to do.
Stay away from the edge otherwise, he can hit you with some of his "longer reach" attacks, and he deals a ton of damage. Chip away at his health with patience, until the second shark drops. Do the same until they are both dead. It takes a longer time, but it's safer than fighting them both toe to toe.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate.
Enjoy the hunt!

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

Shinnok789

@velio84 For Laurence - equip as much fire protection as possible (Fading Lake rune(s), Bone Ash set if you can buy it - it's available at the Insight shop, since you've already passed through Central Pthumeru).

About the Chalice Dungeons - what you've encountered so far are a walk in the park compared to what's coming. Even if design-wise they may seem somewhat repetitive, they'll keep you on your toes with the difficulty, it won't be boring to play them at least once.

My suggestion is this: don't rush with the remaining trophies. Keep a few of them "opened" to keep the interest in the game alive, and finish them while or after you've explored everything the game has to offer.

Play all the optional areas in the main game (Cairnhurst Castle, Upper Cathedral, Nightmare Frontier etc).

Make an Arcane build, because it's much more interesting and fun to play with than the Strength build.
You can either try a new character for an Arcade build from scratch (but this will reset the Dungeons, and it's a bit harder to play with until you have 50 Arcane, because your damage is quite low without investing in Strength, and Arcane is most useful after 50 invested points... and good elemental or arcane gems are not easy to come by in the early levels, they are mostly found in Dungeons).
Or better still, get your current character level as high as possible (200-300), so you can keep your current Dungeon progress. I have 2 characters like that, one started with Arcane from scratch, and one started with a mix of Strength and Arcane... and they both currently have a level over 310... They are quite fun to play with.

In your case, with a high char level you can invest in Arcane and start using the hunter Tools (Executioner's Gloves, Tiny Tonitrus, Augur of Ebrietas, A Call Beyond to name a few).
With a minimum of 50 in Arcane they can help a lot in the later Dungeons, especially the Gloves.
You can even invest in Bloodtinge, and play around with that build also.

Talk to all NPC's, do all of the side quests (Eileen The Crow especially, since at the end of her quest you'll have to defeat one of the toughest/most difficult enemies in the game: the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst. During her quest you also defeat Henrik and he becomes a "summonable" NPC, one of the most resilient of them, he can be of great help if needed with the "3 Stooges" boos in the Woods, or Rom).
If you don't have the option to do some of the side quests any more, once you finish the DLC, go on and finish the main game, with one of the endings.
Then you can start NG+ and do all the remaining side quests. Since you already know the game, you can simply follow the main storyline path, concentrate on the side quest requirements and pass through the rest of the game quickly. Meaning skip the DLC and any optional areas like the ones mentioned above, Hemwick Charnel Lane, and even Old Yharnam (buy the Hunter's Badge from the messengers to open the gate in Cathedral Ward, instead of defeating the Blood Starved Beast).
And finish All of the fixed Dungeons, Hintertomb, Loran and Isz too. They will remain opened if you play with the same character, so you can alternate the activities mentioned above with progressing through the remaining Dungeons until you finish them and kill the Queen (you can leave this trophy for last, for example).

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

Shinnok789

@velio84 About the Queen - in my second post above i've included the link, i'll repost-it here:
https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Yharnam,+Pthumerian+Queen
Just read the first part about the Locations - it contains everything you need to do to get to her, all of the chalices and necessary materials.
She is the 3rd and final boss, at the end of the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice.
If you've finished the Lower Pthumeru Chalice, then you already have the Defiled Chalice.
When you finish all the layers of the Defiled chalice, you will get the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice, the one where the Queen is.
The problem are the needed materials to create those last 2 Pthumeru Chalices, because, as explained in the link, you'll need to play:
1. Ailing Loran Chalice for 2 Bstard Loran (needed for the Defiled Chalice)
2. Lower Loran or Greater Isz Chalices for 2 Red Jelly (needed for the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice).

Hintertomb Chalice is not involved here, which is unfortunate, because it's easier than Loran or Isz... but hey, it's Bloodborne, it's not meant to be easy So you can avoid it if you want, or play it 'till the end or just a bit, out of curiosity, to see how it is.. your choice.

About NPC's - you can find all of the NPC's here:
https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/NPCs
There are 2 buttons above the list, one for main game and one for DLC.
Just click on one of the NPC's and it will open a separate page with useful details, of his/her locations throughout the game, and side quests, if there are any.
Eileen's page is here:
https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Eileen+the+Crow
At the point where you are in the game now, it's too late to complete her side quest, you'll have to begin a new game (either NG or NG+). After finding her in Yharnam, you must speak with her in Cathedral Ward (just outside the building with the lamp, to the left, near the fence). She appears there once you open all of the 3 big gates in the area (that includes the one for which you need the Hunter's Badge that you buy from the messengers for 10.000 echoes, or you defeat the BSB and go through the Abandoned Workshop area to exit behind it where the lever is).
And there's more to say about her quest, I won't write everything here (no need), just read the Quest Line paragraph in the link above, it's explained very well, step by step.

As a rule in Bloodborne none of the side quests are straightforward. This is intentional, the devs didn't want to hold the player's hand, they want communities to form, players to discover secrets and figure out the lore together, etc. This adds a lot to the magic of the game, and involves players much more than the other approach (giving you a point on the map where you need to go).
That also means you'll have to search online if you want to find everything in the game, and progress faster than you (and anyone) would, if one were to figure everything out by oneself. Because many secrets and quests in this game are hidden, and not easy to find or understand. You can rely on the site i've given you in the links above, for example (or others if you prefer) for a ton of info about the game. For example, you can also see what bosses are in each Layer in each Dungeon. And read about any of them to see what resistances the next boss you'll encounter has (some are weak to fire or bolt or serrated weapons etc). You can read up before every boss encounter so you can go in properly prepared.

You've written above about enemies ganging up on you: you must avoid that whenever possible, it will get you killed no matter the level you have. Even at lvl 300 you can die if you're not careful, especially in the later Dungeons.
If you encounter many enemies in a room, run back to an area that you've already cleared, and try to lure 1-2 enemies at most from the crowd. Don't spare the Pebbles, they are dirt cheap and extremely useful with angering enemies and separating them from their allies. Not to mention they are silent when used (as opposed to shooting a bullet at an enemy, that usually attracts the attention of others as well).
If you encounter "red" colored enemies in the Dungeons, don't try to fight them. Dodge, run past them, and search for the Bell Maiden that summons them, and kill her to stop their spawning (they will all die together as soon as she falls). Careful that sometimes there are 2 Bell Maidens. So if you killed one but the Red enemies keep coming, you must search for another, which is usually not far away.

About the Research Hall tied patient : she is Saint Adeline. You can read about her quest line in the same NPC link posted above, because it's a tad complicated. Unfortunately since you've killed her, you'll have to try her quest line again in a NG.

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

Shinnok789

@velio84 Bravo, congrats! I bet the confrontation filled the adrenaline gauge to the max... something most of Bloodborne's boss encounters excel at, the one against the Orphan of Kos most of all.
How go the Dungeons?

Shinnok789

ArmyStrong42A

Can anyone help me at bloodstarved beast currently stuck much appreciated
Password: corndog

ArmyStrong42A

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic