Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 461 to 480 of 634

Jaz007

@Th3solution What did you think of each of the endings? And which one was your favorite?
And congrats, I agree that beating Bloodborne brings an odd sense of closure and achievement. It's quite the journey.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 The endings were great. Each one was spectacular in its own way. And thanks again for the tip on creating the cloud save - that was a great way to get all of them and yet not have to play through the game again. And 3 gold trophies back to back to back!!
But it was tough beating Gherman twice in a row to get 2/3 of the endings. I found him quite difficult, despite how slow he walked and how his wind up animations of attack are somewhat obvious too. I guess it was that he hit so hard! A couple of the times he killed me I was at full health and he one-hit killed me. Sheesh! So after I got into a rhythm with him after about my 5th or 6th death, I was elated to finally slay him.... only to discover I had to do it all again for the last ending to face the Moon Presence!
As for my favorite, it was probably the one where you submit and let him kill you. That was a more poignant end and also a happy one where the sun comes up. The other two were awesome though, just that they fill you with despair that you can’t escape the dream and are stuck being either the next Old hunter, or the next ... slug demon? I guess you are a larvae to grow and become the next Moon Presence? That ending was the biggest shocker to me. Lol

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@Th3solution Yeah, the third ending had me going too. Look at the trophies too, they have story details. On the second ending. It seems like were you entranced by the Moon Presmece and willingly took the role of Gherman. Gladly almost. And I think the first one was the best one too. It felt like it had the malt resolution and satisfaction to it. Which is surprising because you feel like you shouldn’t submit, but it’s the right choice. And also, I got the second ending by accident; I didn’t realize you had to use the umbilical cords, which led me to use the Plus save data I had put there for safety. Great mistake to make since I saw all three, but dang, I was confused when the game ending for a moment there.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Th3solution True about the 'play forever'. Next to MGS5 is the game I think of most, when I try to list the games I've had most fun playing. Even when I died for the fifteenth time on a simple pathway, I still had fun.

I had fun with the DLC, but I had more fun playing through the chalice dungeons. I might be alone in this, though.

And, more importantly, congratulations. If you finished it, it means you've gotten very good at this game. No doubt.

Kidfried

NecuVise

@Kidfried I also has more fun in the chalice dungeons if I forget about defiled part

DLC felt like weapons rush. They threw way too many new weapons on you, and everything else felt unbalanced, from the simple mob to the bosses. But I did enjoy playing against Lady Maria, it felt like a different fight than the rest of the bosses in the game.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

So I started the dlc. I've reached the first boss and it has been fun getting there. Some of the imagery is well f'd up.

After recently played Dark Souls Remastered, the combat and movement in Bloodborne does feel quite a bit quicker. So it has taken a bit for me to back in the swing of things.

Having played all the dlc in the Dark Souls, I find it funny in some of the similarities in em. For instance how you get there in Bloodborne is ripped straight outta the dlc from Dark Souls, as is where you start. The way the world is presented in The Old Hunters is quite similar too and also the last dlc for Dark Souls 3.

I have no problem with this, but you go get a sense of deja vu when playing em, and it is probably a good thing From and Miyazaki have gone in a slightly different direction for Sekiro.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

The Whirligig Saw is all kinds of awesome sauce. Plus has one of the best names of a weapon I've heard of. Ok maybe the Boom Hammer runs it close in that regards. But most of the DLC weapons are a total blast to play with (the Boom Hammer quite literally lol).

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

NecuVise

So I've started this game again on a new character going for a pure arcane build and I'm having a blast! It has nothing to do with arcane build as I'm still at the beginning but man, this may be my favorite ps4 exclusive and one of the top 5 games this gen.

I'm much much more successful now, it's unbelievable. I've beaten CB the first time I got to it, I've beated FB the second time, and BSB the first time. The most impressive for me was killing BSB on my first try because I struggled A LOT on my first run. In fact, even running to him took me only once, so I've completed old yharnam without ever dying, while I spent like 10 hours at least on my first run, with maybe 30 tries on BSB. And I did it without summoning Albert, which I had to do on the first run. It's just unbelievable for me, really.

Anyway, it may seem like I'm bragging, but that's not the point of my post. I'm just amazed and surprised how much prior knowledge helps in this game. Knowing all the shortcuts, weaknesses and everything helps a lot.

Edited on by NecuVise

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Yeah I struggled with BSB too. It's speed got me everytime. I actually can't remember how I best it in the end, probs fluked it lol. Seem to do ok with the Chalice Dungeons versions of it though, but I know they were possibly weaker than the one in the main game. And my level was a lot higher.

Shadows of Yharnham I also struggled with too.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder on my first run I struggled with poison, but now I was prepared for it, and I was much more comfortable with vicious attacks, plus I knew his weaknesses was fire so I stomped him on the first try. Still can't believe it.

Edit: and I forgot to mention that I used a serrated weapon now while I was using axe the first time so that helps too.

Edited on by NecuVise

NecuVise

Th3solution

@NecuVise @JohnnyShoulder Yeah, a serrated weapon, fire, and stunning him with the firearm, and he goes down fairly easily, as I recall. Shadows of Yharnam is one of the harder ones as I recall also.
This is making me want to replay BB

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NecuVise

@Th3solution shadows of yharnam are those 3 together, right? They weren't so difficult for me on my first run, not even close to bsb, and I find they pretty interesting, but they are difficult.

Athmosphere of bloodborne and its gameplay pushed me to play it again and I'm enjoying so much so that I even put rdr2 aside, and divinity original sin 2 on hold

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise @Th3solution I think i even tried Molotov cocktails for BSB, but always found them too slow to use.

@Th3solution You could always get The Old Hunters DLC? It has some of the best locations and (toughest) bosses in the game.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @NecuVise Yeah, it’s pretty interesting how some bosses are easier, relatively speaking, for one person, but harder for another person.
But the timing of using your firearm to stun it is probably the key to my defeat of BSB and having fire properties attached to my saw cleaver.

I never got the DLC, and was tempted to grab it in a recent sale, but I’m scared my skills are so rusty at this point that I’d need to start a new game and I have too much in my backlog.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Nah I think you be alright. I started the DLC a couple of years after I played the main game and things clicked pretty quickly. I just did a few runs in some of the areas in the main game and some of the chalice dungeons to spruce up my skills. And it is not that long either, probs about 10 - 15 hours at the most.

I have a backlog too and I've realised that it is very unlikey I'm gonna play all the games I have, and some I'm just gonna have to take it in on the chin and ditch em.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I probably need to come to that realization too of just being realistic about what games from the backlog need to be ditched. I definitely have a priority that I’m using for them, but I’m barely scratching the surface of the high priority stuff. After I enjoyed Bloodborne so much, I planned to get into one of the Dark Souls games. I had tried the original DS on PS3 and didn’t like it at the time, but I might like them better now. So I prioritized doing one of them (probably DS3 which I hear is probably closer to BB in gameplay) before revisiting BB for a platinum run or a DLC run. But I’ll keep my eyes peeled for another good sale on the Old Hunters pack. I think it was going for a great price like $5.99 for a while on sale.

NecuVise

@JohnnyShoulder you have to keep distance when using cocktail and use it when it's safe. As it is with all souls borne games, you need to play safe and it gets easier. Whenever I got greedy, wanting to land as many hits as possible I was punished.

@Th3solution dlc is on sale right now, at least in the USA. Lady Maria is maybe my favorite boss in the whole game as it's like a dancing scene. Dlc is especially useful if you want to play new game plus as it provides plenty of new weapons which you don't have enough time to try in the main game on your first run.

And yes, different bosses are difficult for different people, depending on your skills and playstyle. Everyone was complaining about orphan of kos while I slayed him in my first time. Probably lucky, dunno, but nothing too difficult. Somehow, I think I'll be more difficult this time, but hopefully we'll see

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Yeah i think i would be ok now, but at the time using em against BSB I struggled with timing.

You are right about Lady Maria, such an awesome boss fight, it is like a ballet. Still not beaten Orphan of Kos, got damn close a few times. One of the strangest and disgusting boss fights in BB imo.

NecuVise

Witch, Darkbeast Paarl and Shadows of Yharnam done! I've beaten shadows of yharnam on my second try, and dunno if I just git gud or this arcane build is OP in PVE.

NecuVise

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried @NecuVise @Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder Hello everyone, I'm thinking, well, planning to get Bloodborne GOTY on Friday so that I can play The Old Hunters DLC as I never completed it the first time round. However, are many people still available for summoning for these boss fights? I don't think I can take Ludwig alone, and NPCs aren't always of much help, although I hear Valtr is particularly useful. I really want to tame that particular horse, and hopefully after a few summons it won't feel like I'm kicking a dead horse any more, because I will literally have a dead horse on my hands. I am already aware that the DLC is high-quality content, and won't be wasting much time on the vanilla game as I hear it is dwarfed by TOH in terms of structure and gameplay, plus, I want those trophies to complete my collection! (I've beaten DS3, DS1 and the base game of Bloodborne already).

N.B - No DS2 as it doesn't fit in easily with DS1 & 3, and Bloodborne is it's own entity entirely, and not related to the Souls series in the same way as DS2 is - i.e part of the same series in name and pacing) and P.S I know trophies aren't everything!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic