Forums

Topic: Best game of 2012?

Posts 1 to 16 of 16

Ginkgo

All right, Dec has hit. What is everyone thinking is the best game of 2012?

So far, my gong goes to: Dishonored
The way you can combine ideas and they interact still impresses me. Haven't had to think this much in ages. A game that effectively awards you style points.

I think it really won me over when I discovered that you could possess a fish, swim through an under water grate that connects to the sewer and come up though the drain in the shower as a way to break into a building. I mean really?! You even get a trophy! The graphics let it down a little, but this is covered to a large extent by the fantastic art design.

Some notable mentions go to :
Sleeping Dogs - I have not laughed so much playing a game for a long time. Is that wrong?
Assassins Creed 3 - I'm just a huge fan of the series and really enjoyed this one.
Max Payne 3 - A beautiful and brutal beast, that took one idea and made you embrace it to the end.
Mass Effect 3 - Oh what could have been.

And yet... I have this funny feeling that when I play Far Cry 3, it is going to surpass them all...

So what's your fav?

Edited on by Ginkgo

This leaf from a tree in the East, has been given to my garden.
It reveals a certain secret, which pleases me and thoughtful people. - Goethe

Splat

I'm still catching up on older games so it's harder for me to give a vote. I did play and loved Sleeping Dogs. I think out of the few I have played I would have to give my vote to The Walking Dead. I haven't played a game that I was that invested in the story in awhile.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

Gamer83

This is one of those years where usually I'd be afraid to be honest about my GOTY on a Playstation dedicated website but the community here seems friendly enough so I'm just going to say it... Halo 4. I love the single player campaign, great story, good level design and same great gameplay. It doesn't re-invent the wheel, it's just a more refined Halo and that's good enough for me. The multiplayer is a little different from past entries but I actually like some of the changes they've made. I also think Spartan Ops is a great idea, execution hasn't been perfect but it also the first time they've tried something like this. Tons of content and it's a game that very easy to just pick up and have a good time.

The games that would round out the rest of my top 5:
2. Gravity Rush
3. Little Big Planet PS Vita
4. The Walking Dead
5. Assassin's Creed 3

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Hokori

Kid Icarus Uprising
theatrythm FF
Pokemon black 2 and white 2
New Super Mario Bros 2
Denpa Men

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Jani-Koblaney

I dunno it's hard to pick one. Maybe pokemon black 2

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

turtlelink

My top 3 in no particular order...

Gravity Rush
Pokemon Black and White 2
Assassin's Creed III

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Kage_88

Geez, I can barely remember what games came out this year...

I haven't played very many new releases, so I'll go with ZombiU as my GOTY.

My most dissapointing game of 2012 is easily Halo 4.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

Kage_88

Actually, now that I've just had a look at a list of 2012 games, my GOTY is Journey. It was such a marvelous, unique experience.

Edited on by Kage_88

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

moomoo

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for me. It pretty much proved how narrative had a place in games that wouldn't be feasibly possible in other entertainment mediums.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

Knux

Probably Xenoblade Chronicles, although Gravity Rush comes close.

Knux

Splat
Kage_88

Actually, now that I've just had a look at a list of 2012 games, my GOTY is Journey. It was such a marvelous, unique experience.

I downloaded it yesterday and have all ready played it through 3 times. It's really unlike anything I have ever played.

Gamer83

I picked up Sleeping Dogs and I have to change my list just slightly. The game is awesome and deserves a top 5 so I'm going to bump AC 3 from that spot. Can't believe I waited so long to pick it up, I wasn't a huge fan of the True Crimes but I saw the game on sale and had a gift card and since I love the genre decided to give it a shot. The developers really hit it out of the park with this game. The story is predictable but I still enjoy it and the gameplay is fantastic, its driving and gunplay top both GTA and Saints Row. Glad SquareEnix did something good for once in the last 8 years and rescued it after Activision almost screwed up the whole works.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Splat
Gamer83

I picked up Sleeping Dogs and I have to change my list just slightly. The game is awesome and deserves a top 5 so I'm going to bump AC 3 from that spot. Can't believe I waited so long to pick it up, I wasn't a huge fan of the True Crimes but I saw the game on sale and had a gift card and since I love the genre decided to give it a shot. The developers really hit it out of the park with this game. The story is predictable but I still enjoy it and the gameplay is fantastic, its driving and gunplay top both GTA and Saints Row. Glad SquareEnix did something good for once in the last 8 years and rescued it after Activision almost screwed up the whole works.

Sleeping Dogs is great. I don't own it but I rented it and played it non stop till I had to take it back. I'm hoping for a version of it with all the DLC down the road. The hand to hand combat was a blast.

Edited on by Splat

Gamer83
Splat
Gamer83

Sleeping Dogs is great. I don't own it but I rented it and played it non stop till I had to take it back. I'm hoping for a version of it with all the DLC down the road. The hand to hand combat was a blast.

Yeah, hand-to-hand combat is where this game really shines. Definitely feels like the developers took a page out of Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham book which is fine by me, if you're going to borrow from something borrow from the best.

Gamer83

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.